PDA

View Full Version : Ava's still not over Pluto

Avarice-ness
08-31-2007, 03:37 AM
This isn't actually about what you would think! And it's not in EoEo 'cause everyone needs alittle lightheartedness in a thread.

FROM OTHER THREAD!

PLUTO'S STILL A PLANET IN MY BOOK! Yeah I'm weird, I like to read my school books before school because they really do interest me. XD;

PLUTO IS FOREVER

ABSOLUTELY. I HATE THEM FOR DOING WHAT THEY DID.

Some astronomers have suggested that Pluto and Charon should be classified as merely two of the largest examples of a group of objexts orbiting in a swathe of the outer solar system known as the Kuiper belt. .. ..

.. .. This suggestion indicates how arbitrary our classification is of celestial objects. Nature in unified; we divide objects within it into discrete groups to help our understanding. Nevertheless, Pluto's official designation as a planet will most likely not change for historical reasons.

I just took out the part where it was telling me it'd ramble more about the Kuiper belt. xD

In terms of colleges (And even K thru 12), seeing as it costs so much for colleges and such to get these books in and colleges tend to try to be as money safe as normal, do you believe that schools will even bother with such changes?

I mean, money wise, I just spent 80$ on a book that is technically incorrect. And I believe that my neice, who is nine years old, still has Pluto classified as a planet in her current science books.

BASICALLY! When you're in school, would you rather have books with all the facts and current truths and pay somewhat more in taxes or book prices, or would you rather pay what you may pay now in taxes and pay less for books that are at this point completely out of date?

MORE OVER, DO YOU THINK IT'S WORTH CHANGING ALL THE BOOKS BECAUSE SOMETHING SO COMMON SUCH AS PLUTO WAS CHANGED?

Markus. D
08-31-2007, 03:47 AM
When I was a childrens in years 1 ;-;

They lieds and said Niel Armstrong was the first man on the moon T__T

Renmiri
08-31-2007, 03:48 AM
Me too, I hate the fact that they demoted Pluto just not to have to promote Erin!

Figures they'd demote a man when forced to promote a woman :mad:

Rengori
08-31-2007, 04:03 AM
Pluto just wants to be treated like any other planet.

sephirothishere
08-31-2007, 04:12 AM
Also, last time I checked, Pluto was again considered a planet due to it's having a moon or something like that.

Also, did you know that Earth has two moons! I can't remember what it's called, something like "Cyanthablahblah".

<345678765 Pluto.

bipper
08-31-2007, 04:59 AM
Me too, I hate the fact that they demoted Pluto just not to have to promote Erin!

ITS A GOOD SYSTEM! DEAL! :P

As a Scorpio, Pluto is one of my planets. They are just trying to equal the playing field, so I don't over-awesome everything into oblivion. Besides, It really circles my ego, nothing else.

Avarice-ness
08-31-2007, 05:05 AM

As a Scorpio, Pluto is one of my planets. They are just trying to equal the playing field, so I don't over-awesome everything into oblivion. Besides, It really circles my ego, nothing else.

Seriously! Now us Scorpio's are going to go have to take over our... FAKE RULER MARS. God that's so retarded.

Araciel
08-31-2007, 05:08 AM
i'd rather all text books be replaced by the king james bible.

bipper
08-31-2007, 05:15 AM

Seriously! Now us Scorpio's are going to go have to take over our... FAKE RULER MARS. God that's so retarded.

No real planet could describe the Scorpio :) Red Earth and Badass Moon is nothing to be ashamed of! :)

i'd rather all text books be replaced by the king james bible. why do you win? :D

Araciel
08-31-2007, 05:20 AM
it's just a better read.

he dies in the end

bipper
08-31-2007, 05:25 AM
it's just a better read.

he dies in the end

Oh come on! You ruined it for Raist! :D

Resha
08-31-2007, 10:04 AM
I'm disgusted that they removed Pluto as a planet. It was my favourite planet. And quite frankly, they're not changing my mind. Pluto is STILL my favourite planet. That ugly old man who did it probably just wanted to be famous and cause something historical blah blah but what he doesn't know is that Pluto's cool and now everybody hates him.

And seriously, it's not worth trying to change. It almost reminds me of BIG BROTHER. Trying to rewrite history. No goddamn way. PLUTO FOR PLANET. :nonono:

blackmage_nuke
08-31-2007, 10:16 AM
One day we'll bombard Pluto with rocks or something to make it bigger so no one can argue.

edit: or we could smash off bits of earth to make it smaller, thus making anti plutoists cry from irony

Renmiri
08-31-2007, 09:35 PM
Well the story is that an asteroid larger than Pluto was discovered (named Eris) and the people who discovered Eris wanted it to be promoted to planet.

Instead of adding a new planet the astronomers voted to demote both Pluto and Eris to "dwarf planets".

Eris had a moon too :(

Typical male chauvinist pigs: go to all lengths not to promote a woman and spoil their boys club ;)

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
08-31-2007, 10:06 PM
Pluto was my favorite planet. And when they said it wasn't a planet anymore, I was crushed! :(

I don't care if it's not a planet for them, but to me, Pluto will always be a planet! And my favorite. :D

Quindiana Jones
08-31-2007, 10:12 PM
Is a kitten not a cat? NO! Pluto is a planet, damnit! It's just small and cuter.

Patrick Moore is still awesome though.

bipper
08-31-2007, 10:15 PM
I think Miriel got sick of the planet breaking the orbit pyramid of the other planets, so she banned it. She loves pyramids. :love: