PDA

View Full Version : the axe effect

Araciel
08-31-2007, 07:21 AM
so ... does anyone use axe deoderant?

i hate the spray stuff but i did use dry at one point...

the spray smells weird and doesn't last long enough...the fact that you can share it is cool but ... yeah

so what do you put on your 'pits?

Jojee
08-31-2007, 07:27 AM
O_____<

My ex uses axe. The spray kind. In EXCESSIVE amounts. Like after he uses it in the morning the whole house smells like it. He maintains that he needs to use that much -_- *kills someone*

XxSephirothxX
08-31-2007, 07:29 AM
Axe smells like ass. But I've never been much of a big fan of any cologne, really. Too strong. I just use speed stick.

bipper
08-31-2007, 07:32 AM
Axe, I used it once. I got hit by a cart caddy that day. A woman was driving it. Now, I wasn't sure if it was the fact that the woman was just pushed into some heat educed horny rage when she smelled it, or if it was just the fact that she was a woman driver.:choc2:

Either way, I hate the stuff. I would rather use super glue in my arm pits.

I now use Old Spice something or other. It has not Aluminum base to it, which has been linked to brain cancer - thus the reasoning behind some Deodorants making organic or aluminum free versions.

mooglebunni608
08-31-2007, 07:32 AM
My brother uses the spray and it is NASTY!! It makes EVERYTHING in the entire house smell nasty.
Ick.

I, on the other hand, use normal Dove deodorant. The non-spray kind. <3

Nominus Experse
08-31-2007, 07:36 AM
I use the Phoenix deodorant stick by Axe. I nor my girl care for the spray in any manner, but the stick I use seems to be a nice blend of clean man-scent.

Levian
08-31-2007, 08:11 AM
I keep forgetting what I use, but I can assure you the bottle is blue.

Lawr
08-31-2007, 08:16 AM
Giorgio Bissoni! I think this stuff is The Sheet. This and Bod.

Rengori
08-31-2007, 08:22 AM
I use a little TAG after gym class, but that's pretty much it.

Quindiana Jones
08-31-2007, 11:56 AM
I hate the name Axe. Lynx is way better. Axe sounds violent and unsexy.

blackmage_nuke
08-31-2007, 12:15 PM
I use soap while water falls on me

aquatius
08-31-2007, 12:19 PM
I use roll-on deodorant that doesn't smell. But I rarely use deodarant anyway.

Radje
08-31-2007, 12:30 PM
I hate the name Axe. Lynx is way better. Axe sounds violent and unsexy.

Yeah what the heck is Axe? :confused: American equivalent of Lynx? If so I agree with this chap.

Quindiana Jones
08-31-2007, 12:33 PM
I think it's pretty much only the UK that calls it Lynx. British people are clearly sexier. I mean look at.....uhhh.....damn.

Radje
08-31-2007, 12:39 PM
Sean Connery?

Mirage
08-31-2007, 12:40 PM
I don't use cologne.

Breine
08-31-2007, 02:21 PM
I used to like 5 years ago when I was 13-14 and didn't know better or just didn't have enough money to buy a proper deodorant.

I do like the Axe commercials, though :bigsmile:

Psychotic
08-31-2007, 02:44 PM
I think it's pretty much only the UK that calls it Lynx. British people are clearly sexier. I mean look at.....uhhh.....damn.Yeah, they call it Axe on the continent too. Lynx > Axe.

I used to use it but then I realised that generic supermarket substitute smells exactly the same, is cheaper, and the aerosol isn't likely to break after five bloody uses.

Radje
08-31-2007, 02:45 PM
Can't beat Lynx Africa though. The most (pleasant) masculine smell ever.

Quindiana Jones
08-31-2007, 03:08 PM
I think it's pretty much only the UK that calls it Lynx. British people are clearly sexier. I mean look at.....uhhh.....damn.Yeah, they call it Axe on the continent too. Lynx > Axe.

....We....we agreed on something?......That's not good.

Peegee
08-31-2007, 06:11 PM
'deodorant' ? what's that?

The Unknown Guru
08-31-2007, 07:14 PM
I just use stick in the morning, but after gym class, I use axe. I always go through it really fast because I get into axe fights on the bus.

escobert
08-31-2007, 07:16 PM
axe ftw imo.

fire_of_avalon
08-31-2007, 07:17 PM
Matt uses Axe. I prefered when he wore Candies for Men, but apparently that was too expensive.

I use Dove. It's lady deodorant.

snacks
08-31-2007, 07:21 PM
I use to use axe in copious amounts ALL the time.

But that stuff made my roommates throat swell up so nop.

I just use whatever I can find, I can't use old spice because it seriously turns my armpits into burning pits of hellfire.

Meat Puppet
08-31-2007, 08:39 PM
They call it Lynx down my way, too. I wish they wouldn’t do that. I’m pretty sure that we don’t already have deodorant called Axe. Maybe it’s because they feared we would be stupid enough to think it’s a weapon? You know, because we’re all inbred woodsmen. Not that Lynx isn’t as terrifying a name as Axe. Oh, a can of vicious wild cats! How can we be trusted to spray this on our bodies? No doubt the vast hippie population of my country mistook it for canned essence of lynx (like lynx balm or something) and protested outside the Lynx (or Axe) HQ. Hmm. Perhaps they (they being those behind this whole Lynx/Axe thing) trusted that my people would be just so uneducated that we wouldn’t even know what a lynx was? I wouldn’t be surprised, actually; we are fairly barbaric. Durr.. hey! Look at this word! It has an x and a y in it! It must be cool, so I will buy it. But whatever. We even have the same commercials, just with different cans. I think Rengori or someone told me about the Axe advertisement with the Generic Brand version of Morgan Freeman in it, except instead of holding a can of Lynx, he was holding a can of Axe. This was before the nightmares started. They are pretty much unrelated to Lynx and Axe (and possibly deodorants altogether), so I won’t go on about them. Oh, I don’t use Lynx or Axe, or anything really. I’m just too inconsiderate of others to take so much care.

Radje
08-31-2007, 10:20 PM
They call it Lynx down my way, too. I wish they wouldn’t do that. I’m pretty sure that we don’t already have deodorant called Axe. Maybe it’s because they feared we would be stupid enough to think it’s a weapon? You know, because we’re all inbred woodsmen. Not that Lynx isn’t as terrifying a name as Axe. Oh, a can of vicious wild cats! How can we be trusted to spray this on our bodies? No doubt the vast hippie population of my country mistook it for canned essence of lynx (like lynx balm or something) and protested outside the Lynx (or Axe) HQ. Hmm. Perhaps they (they being those behind this whole Lynx/Axe thing) trusted that my people would be just so uneducated that we wouldn’t even know what a lynx was? I wouldn’t be surprised, actually; we are fairly barbaric. Durr.. hey! Look at this word! It has an x and a y in it! It must be cool, so I will buy it. But whatever. We even have the same commercials, just with different cans. I think Rengori or someone told me about the Axe advertisement with the Generic Brand version of Morgan Freeman in it, except instead of holding a can of Lynx, he was holding a can of Axe. This was before the nightmares started. They are pretty much unrelated to Lynx and Axe (and possibly deodorants altogether), so I won’t go on about them. Oh, I don’t use Lynx or Axe, or anything really. I’m just too inconsiderate of others to take so much care.

That was in-depth and quite frankly unsettling.

Disco Potato
09-01-2007, 12:24 AM
I use Secret, but my brother uses Axe body wash. I actually got it for him, because he's gross and doesn't put on deodorant, even when he goes out in the sun for a long time. So I figure, since he actually does use body wash, he should be forced to use something really strong-smelling to keep the b.o. at bay as long as possible :p

Fatal Impurity
09-01-2007, 12:33 AM
It's the Lynx effect damn you! Not Axe! Anyway I only like or use two of the Lynx type's and that's Dimension and Voodoo.

oddler
09-01-2007, 12:36 AM
I think it's Speed Stick or some ish. I liked the Winter something or other kind they had but I can't find it now.