PDA

View Full Version : I need a proper answer

aquatius
08-31-2007, 10:59 AM
FAQs arebeing too vague. Can you save between tonberry fights to get the king without having to restart? Is the saving done on the world map?

Captain Maxx Power
08-31-2007, 11:29 AM
The count doesn't reset when you save, but it does reset if you reload. It's one of those things were you'll just have to just keep at it. It really doesn't take as long as people make it out to, especially if you keep Squall in critical/dark status and abuse Renzokuken.

aquatius
08-31-2007, 11:31 AM
I know it's just I'm trying it on dic 2 and last time the boss killed me and I was wondering if there was an easier way.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
08-31-2007, 11:37 AM
You must fight 20 tonberries in-a-row. So if you wander off and fight some random Geezard in between you're unwillingly reseting the counter to zero.

My method of killing them is using Kamikaze and reviving that character the next battle. It works so much better than Renzokuken. Another good method is to refine the Chef Knives into AP ammo and use Irvine's Shot

I'm not sure what CMP means by reload but I've managed to save my game, turn the power off and keep the count intact

The Ceej
08-31-2007, 08:00 PM
No one here has given the correct answer yet, so I shall. After every Tonberry fight, I went outside and saved it in the unlikely even I got killed. It doesn't reset the Tonberries killed. And if you do get killed (I didn't, but I had a friend at the time [well, the thought he was my friend anyway] who saw my technique and copied it and it saved his ass) you can start at the point where you saved and continue killing Tonberries from where you left off. This is a good idea considering how long it takes to kill these bastards. Demi spells and Diablos work wonders on the small ones, but are ineffective on the King.

McLovin'
08-31-2007, 08:20 PM
Every battle:

Weak Squall or cast Aura.

Own.

Comet
08-31-2007, 08:23 PM
OK everyone is being confusing. Basically, you can go out and save in between tonberry fights.

aquatius
08-31-2007, 10:29 PM
I figured that you could, and aquired the king a while ago.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
09-01-2007, 11:53 AM
Renzokuken works but it takes much longer than Shot or Kamikaze. Every blow Squall deals with Renzokuken does about 2-3k damage on tonberry so there's a chance that he can counter with Everyone's Grudge (wasting more time) and there's also more hassle if you get Blasting Zone. Using Kamikaze on a character that has maxed out HP and reviving (Alexander) him in the next battle takes way less time.

So by using my methods the battle will be done in less than a minute but if you want to use Renzokuken or anything else mentioned in this thread go ahead

Aerith's Knight
09-02-2007, 09:18 AM
Ill give you an answer!! *shakes fist intimidatingly*

forty-two!!

Hyperion4444
09-02-2007, 11:21 AM
Ill give you an answer!! *shakes fist intimidatingly*

forty-two!!
two-fourty!!

-----
Look, I always do them in a row never need of a save.
If you don't know if the count will be restarted, don't do it.

Best way to deal with them, have GF finish off all enemies instead of Squall,
that way, when tonberry does everyone grudge, it won't do much damage.