PDA

View Full Version : ZODIAC SPEAR

ff is da best
09-01-2007, 01:15 PM
how early in the game can u get the zodiac spear..tell me please i really want it .....im onto king raithwalls tomb part.

BG-57
09-01-2007, 02:05 PM
You can get it after the Dawn Shard is in your grubby little hands. You then can go for the Spear in four not-so-simple steps:

1) Go to Nalbina and speak to July. Then go to the Imperials guarding the exit to Mophoran Highwaste. With the information you learn, go speak to Gurdy and rent a chocobo and approach the guards again. The path to Mophoran Highwaste will be open.

2) Proceed through Mophoran to the Salikawood.

3) Defeat King Bomb. He's pretty difficult at lower levels since he can replenish his HP several times.

4) Go past the boss area and follow the SW branch to the Necrohol of Nabudis. At low levels, just run to get the Spear and run back.

PJLinwood
09-02-2007, 12:42 AM
Once you reach the The Salikawood go to the Necrohol Of Nabudis insted of the Phon coast.http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/final_fantasy_xii_nabudis.png

The Zodiac Spear is in the 16 special cheasts.

ff is da best
09-02-2007, 02:41 AM
oh so i can get it straight after i get the dawn shard oh ok thanks

The Mog Ninja
09-02-2007, 10:16 AM
The Zodiac Spear is in the 16 special cheasts.

I was told that in those 16 chests is the final chest that if opened makes Zodiac Spear unattainable.

BG-57
09-02-2007, 02:22 PM
You may be thinking of the Phon Coast cluster of chests.

If you want to play it safe, grab that chest first. Facing into the room, the Zodiac Spear is the row closest to you, second from the left.

ff is da best
09-03-2007, 02:46 AM
can u get da zodiac spear multiple times???

PJLinwood
09-03-2007, 03:37 AM
In the Secret area of the Henne Mines there is a cheast that respawns with a small chance of a Zodiac Spear.http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/final_fantasy_xii_henne_secret.png

BG-57
09-03-2007, 11:48 AM
1/1000 chance. Good luck if you try.

ff is da best
09-04-2007, 04:55 AM
im kinda close to getting the zodiac spear.
Im in the silka woods and im fighting the bomb king i almost beat it but then he kept using renew and calling for other bombs.
does anyyone know a easy way to kill the bomb king.
By the way all my people's lv's are 40

The Mog Ninja
09-04-2007, 08:02 AM
Blizzaga?

BG-57
09-04-2007, 11:45 PM
Level up a bit and try again. It's all a matter of outlasting him. Flame Shields are a plus. Quickenings can help dispose of the small fry.

BTW, you can run away from this boss fight and save at the crystal.

ValiantKnight
09-05-2007, 12:57 AM
There is also another... way, if you have completed enough hunts to buy a certain accessory, and have enough license points for it to be effective. But some consider it a cheap way of winning :)

It stops him from renewing

ff is da best
09-05-2007, 07:34 AM
There is also another... way, if you have completed enough hunts to buy a certain accessory, and have enough license points for it to be effective. But some consider it a cheap way of winning :)

It stops him from renewing

whats this item called????

Formalhaut
09-05-2007, 05:43 PM
Its called Nipohlea (Spelled worng I know) You can buy at The Bazaar, talk to the Clan provisiner (Spelled wrong) and but that item. Its puts reverse on, which make healing hurt you and hurting heal you. Nice eh? >_<

ValiantKnight
09-05-2007, 06:15 PM
remedy lore 3
niphnameicantspell 30,000 from the bazaar clan merchant after certain rank is achieved.

wearing niph = all item effects are reversed. hi potion hurts instead of heals.
phoenix down kills instead of revives
remedy that cured everything, now inflicts everything.
sap, disease, blind,immobilize, stop, petrify, and more.

Renmiri
09-05-2007, 07:08 PM
Nihopaloa only works on your guys. To make Renew not work you have to get a different accessory.

jeo2388
09-05-2007, 08:07 PM
if you press r1 before selecting a target the target line will transfer to the foe instead of yourself.

example: you wear that accesory, you use a remedy, before you throw it press r1 to to target your foe, and it will inflict everything that your remedy cures if you have the license for them.

but you talk of stopping renew here, so vaccine should do the trick if you dont have the license for remedy curing disease..

so basically the accesory works on foes and allies so be careful where you use them, and oh, it only works on restorative ITEMS, i tried esuna and it didnt work, same effect

and its name is Nihopalaoa.

ff is da best
09-06-2007, 11:31 AM
yesssssssssss i have finally got the zodiac spear. All i need now is to get it on the license grid.
oh and by the way i equipped all my characters with gillie boots so i wouldnt get affected by oil. So that way i wouldnt die so easily and for sum reason i was lucky because Bomb king only used renew once.
so yer thanks every1 who helped.

ValiantKnight
09-06-2007, 01:10 PM
I can't remember if there is somewhere to buy vaccines that early if you go at first chance.

Yes, you can use it on enemies.... it is.... very helpful, but very cheap.

Nihp + 99 Chronus tears/Remedies = work my way through that dungeon at a very low level to get zodiac spear :)

Most boss/marks will only get slow, and maybe blind or something else from a remedy, but they do help.

ofcorpse
09-25-2007, 11:56 AM
1/1000 chance. Good luck if you try.

I have 3 spears, one from the special chest and 2 from hennes mines, took me 17 tries to get 1st spear and another 3 tries to get 3rd spear :P I consider myself quite lucky

Skyblade
09-25-2007, 06:26 PM
Hmm... Think it is possible for a level 43 team to get to the Spear in the Necrohol with no deaths, no running away, and no Nihopalaoa (can't afford it right now, and I hate using items anyway)?

BG-57
09-25-2007, 10:28 PM
Yes, if you have good enough armor, weapons, and spells. Try fighting in the Nabreus Deadlands. If you can defeat the monsters there, the ones in the Necrohol aren't much harder.

The first time I wandered into the Deadlands, I got creamed. :p

Skyblade
09-26-2007, 02:11 AM
Is there any way to protect against instant death attacks in this game?

BG-57
09-27-2007, 08:55 PM
I don't think so. So gambits that link Status K.O. to Revive or Pheonix Down are very helpful. But you have to wait until fairly late in the game to get access to those gambits.

Skyblade
09-27-2007, 09:18 PM
I'm trying to play through the game without dying, BG.

Anyway, I wound up getting the spear. It took a little trial and error to figure out how to go, and when I ran up against 3 Oversouls at the exit (followed by a rare monster), I thought I was toast, but I can survive Annul (they only used Kill once, and it missed), and that spear hits hard enough to regen MP fairly quickly. :)

BG-57
09-27-2007, 09:29 PM
Congrats, it's the most useful weapon in the game. Have fun with it. :D

Skyblade
09-27-2007, 11:04 PM
Most useful? Most powerful, sure, but it only has eight evade and a low combo rate...

BG-57
09-28-2007, 01:06 AM
You can get it a lot earlier than other top-tier weapons, so you can wreck havoc with it for a lot longer than, say the Wyrmhero Blade or Tournesol. And it plows most enemies under in a few hits.

To be sure there are better weapons for particular bosses and marks, but the lack of an element means it will almost always hit hard.

Skyblade
09-28-2007, 04:21 AM
On the subject of the Tournesol and Wyrmhero Blade, which gets your vote for better weapon?

BG-57
09-28-2007, 12:36 PM
Tournesol FTW.

Neither are easy to get but the Wyrmhero Blade requires defeating the strongest bosses in the game. So it's too little too late. Plus it's slow.

Tournesol is almost as good as the Zodiac Spear and a lot easier to get than the Wyrmhero Blade. I have it equipped by my second-tier fighter. It's my favorite Great Sword.

Reasoniamalive
10-21-2007, 10:22 AM
Wyrmhero Blade w/Genji Gloves/Gauntlets and Haste is a sure win - although the speed is terrible you will almost ALWAYS combo big.

The Tournesol is a lot quicker, but doesn't combo nearly as often.