PDA

View Full Version : Who Maxed Out Stats For ALL Chars?

Hazzard
09-01-2007, 03:05 PM
So, have any of you attempted to max out the entire sphere Grid for your characters? If you did, how did it fare - was it exhausting? How long did it roughly take, and where is a good AP leveling spot?

I'm on a mission to complete nearly everything in my third playthrough, and I'm currently stat grinding in the Al Bhed HOME - where fiends such as; two Chimeras + Guado, appear. I'm finding it useful, but I'm curious to hear even about what sort of abilities your chars had at this point, as well - Had they mastered their own listed abilities, or were they still trying to complete their own?

Currently, I'm trying to convert Rikku into a White Mage (in training)

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
09-01-2007, 07:22 PM
i've maxed out all the stats before but i tend not to do it through the game. i just play through it then max everythig out at the end. triple AP weapons help ofc. cactuar valley is a good AP spot as its possible to get over 100,000 AP in one battle with triple AP weapon. however, the quickest, though not necessarily easiest, way is the don tonberry trick.

wait until ur trying to max out ur luck stat, that is a right cow!

Goldenboko
09-01-2007, 07:26 PM
To get AP just
Equip everyone with Comrade, Overdrive to AP weapons (triple overdrive, and triple AP are also nice for the weapons). Then either face
A. Don Tonberry
or
B. Cactuar King.

After getting the :skull::skull::skull::skull: beaten out of you either flee, or kill the monster. All of the damage will have turned into AP easily getting you tons of AP in 1 battle.
If you don't want to get Don Tonberry then

A. Get a character loner (Just have them fight while the other characters have ran away or are dead)
B. Equip said overdrive to AP Weapon
C. Fight a magic urn in The Cavern of the Stolen Fayth
D. Press triangle a couple hundred times.
E. Flee

jeo2388
09-01-2007, 07:39 PM
i just followed the sphere grid and started maxing my stats after gaining control of the airship to avoid being mixed up..

Cactuar king and Don tonberry are great in AP hunting, but its not just AP that you need, you also need GIL... so the best way is to equip triple AP weapons in the omega dungeon when you are strong enough, you get AP and cash by fighting mimics(50,000G |100,000G if equiped with gillionaire ability)..for me it really wasnt hard, i even maxed out my luck(not really needed).... not hard, but very very boring

Hazzard
09-01-2007, 09:00 PM
I don't like the "boring" part...so, where is this Don Tonberry, and Cactuar King? I'm guessing the Cactuar is somewhere in the Sanubia Desert.

How do you get the triple AP and triple Overdrive abilities to customize your weapons?

Also, I've wondered about what people mean when they say "Take the Destructive Spheres as treasure if you want to get Anima" how do you do that?

Goldenboko
09-02-2007, 12:20 AM
I don't like the "boring" part...so, where is this Don Tonberry, and Cactuar King? I'm guessing the Cactuar is somewhere in the Sanubia Desert.

How do you get the triple AP and triple Overdrive abilities to customize your weapons?

Don Tonberry and Cactuar King are unlocked in the Monster Arena if your too lazy to unlock them then you can use the Magic Urn trick.

Overdrive->Ap is from Wings to Discover, I forget the rest though :(

PuPu
09-02-2007, 02:38 AM
When I first read the title, I thought you meant that you wanted to get 255 of every stat for all character :eek: which can only be achieved by using Clear Spheres on many nodes of the Sphere Grid and replacing them, since the regular Sphere Grid can't max out all stats I believe.

Anyways, Overdrive -> AP is gotten from Door to Tomorrow x30. Wings to Discovery are for Break HP Limit.

I remember two ways to get them:
1. Open a certain number of chests during the Remiem Chocobo Race and win.

2. Bribe Ultima Weapon in the Omega Ruins for about 1 million gil. This gets you 99 of them.

Goldenboko
09-02-2007, 02:46 AM
When I first read the title, I thought you meant that you wanted to get 255 of every stat for all character :eek: which can only be achieved by using Clear Spheres on many nodes of the Sphere Grid and replacing them, since the regular Sphere Grid can't max out all stats I believe.

Anyways, Overdrive -> AP is gotten from Door to Tomorrow x30. Wings to Discovery are for Break HP Limit.

I remember two ways to get them:
1. Open a certain number of chests during the Remiem Chocobo Race and win.

2. Bribe Ultima Weapon in the Omega Ruins for about 1 million gil. This gets you 99 of them.

You can also unlock Catastrophe to get them, to do this you need to unlock 5 different area conquest monsters.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
09-02-2007, 10:43 AM
you don't need to use clear spheres to get all ur stats to 255, unless you also want to get your HP to 99999 and MP to 9999.

OD>AP takes 10 door to tomorrows. the easiest way to get these is to get all the al bhed primers then talk to Rin, who will give you 99 of them.

Triple AP takes 50 wings to discovery but don't bother customising it, fight one-eye in the omnster arena. he's easy and he drops ready made weapons.

ultima buster in the monster arena original creations drops weapons with triple OD, triple AP, and OD->AP on them. he's a hard one though so good luck ;) catch 5 of every fiend to unlock him.

the destruction sphere thing in the temples is referring to getting all the hidden treasure from the trials. you need to get it to obtain anima. just search gamefaqs for a guide on getting it all.

cactuar king and don tonberry are arena creations got by catching one of every enmy in thunder plains and sunken cave (yojimbo's cave)

jeo2388
09-02-2007, 03:43 PM

Also, I've wondered about what people mean when they say "Take the Destructive Spheres as treasure if you want to get Anima" how do you do that?

yea me too, well but its not all boring, the only boring parts are Ironclad(HP spheres), earth eater(fortune spheres) and greater sphere(luck spheres), bcoz it will take you a long time to kill them but they are so damn weak and slow, you wont even break a sweat..

and abot that anima thing, you need to get the destructions spheres (the violet glowing ones)in all the chamber of fayths, if you want to get anima and of course, yuna's ultimate weapon...

the triple AP weapons can be dropped by One-Eye in the species section of the monster arena, to unlock him you must capture all the flying-eyball-batty-annoying things..

best of luck to ya..

Hazzard
09-02-2007, 08:00 PM
Well, I've already started my mission, but first I might just zoom through the story until I get the Airship back. Thanks for the advice, and I think using a guide will be easier.

Goldenboko
09-02-2007, 09:28 PM
you don't need to use clear spheres to get all ur stats to 255, unless you also want to get your HP to 99999 and MP to 9999.

OD>AP takes 10 door to tomorrows. the easiest way to get these is to get all the al bhed primers then talk to Rin, who will give you 99 of them.

Triple AP takes 50 wings to discovery but don't bother customising it, fight one-eye in the omnster arena. he's easy and he drops ready made weapons.

ultima buster in the monster arena original creations drops weapons with triple OD, triple AP, and OD->AP on them. he's a hard one though so good luck ;) catch 5 of every fiend to unlock him.

the destruction sphere thing in the temples is referring to getting all the hidden treasure from the trials. you need to get it to obtain anima. just search gamefaqs for a guide on getting it all.

cactuar king and don tonberry are arena creations got by catching one of every enmy in thunder plains and sunken cave (yojimbo's cave)

Actually I'm pretty sure you do in NSTC. Now PAL, I have no idea.

tidus_rox
09-03-2007, 02:35 AM
To be honest, I dont have the patience to do this. The only thing I do is level up in the Omega Ruins before Braska's Final Aeon.

Nifleheim7
09-03-2007, 11:54 AM
you don't need to use clear spheres to get all ur stats to 255

Are you sure?i remember that i cleared the whole sphere grid to max out all of my characters stats and not only for hp/mp...

jeo2388
09-03-2007, 12:05 PM

Are you sure?i remember that i cleared the whole sphere grid to max out all of my characters stats and not only for hp/mp...

yes he's right, you dont need clear spheres to max out all of them.. you just need to open the locked nodes(lv.1 , lv.2 , lv.3 lv.4) and you got 'em..

Nifleheim7
09-03-2007, 01:01 PM

yes he's right, you dont need clear spheres to max out all of them.. you just need to open the locked nodes(lv.1 , lv.2 , lv.3 lv.4) and you got 'em..

Oh,ok then.
I guess i used them to clear nodes for luck,hp and mp spheres.

Tavrobel
09-03-2007, 08:35 PM
So, have any of you attempted to max out the entire sphere Grid for your characters?
If you did, how did it fare - was it exhausting?
How long did it roughly take?
Where is a good AP leveling spot?

Had they mastered their own listed abilities, or were they still trying to complete their own?

Currently, I'm trying to convert Rikku into a White Mage (in training)

I didn't attempt to. I did it.
No, it wasn't. It was delightful and painless.
I don't know, a few hours?
Don Tonberry trick, Omega Ruins, Inside Sin.

During the game, I barely got halfway through by BFA.

Al Bhed Potions are way better and far more abundant. The cooldown isn't nearly as long, and it cures three very common ailments, including my favorite, Petrify.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
09-03-2007, 09:06 PM
i maxed out all the stats, inc. luck, to 255. however i left hp and mp at 9999 and 999 as having it beyond that is unnecessary

Hazzard
09-03-2007, 09:36 PM
I've got the airship, and have already began my "Full Completion" on FFX.

Starting with collecting Jecht spheres, and having fun with the Blitzball minigame, which I haven't done yet.

Enjolras
09-04-2007, 08:22 AM
I've got all stats maxed except for Luck, which I have at about 100 for all my guys, and 40000 or so HP.
If only Greater Sphere didn't counter EVERYTHING with freakin' Ultima...