PDA

View Full Version : fangs key item glitch

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
09-02-2007, 07:18 AM
Is there a glitch in the DS version with the fangs key items? Unei says I just have the earth one to go, but I only have the wind and fire fangs in my inventory. Do I have to start over since I'm supposed to have 3? Or am I ok?

ValiantKnight
09-02-2007, 01:19 PM
Pretty sure there isn't a way around killing the giant rat and saving the dragon early on. That should have given you the water fang if memory serves.

Unless you leveled up to the 80s and killed the dragon....

Also I don't think Unei's speach actually has a type of algorithim or method to it. ie... if you cheated somehow through the game and had no fangs.... unei would still say you had only one to go.

I'm not sure how you missed the fang of water. That one seems kinda hard to miss.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
09-02-2007, 08:51 PM
Yes, I think I remember beating the giant rat. I didn't beat the dragon. I don't usually check my key items menu but it might have disappeared. Should I go back to the water shrine and try to get it again? Or can I get by w/o it? I need them to get past those rocks on the surface world map, right?

ValiantKnight
09-02-2007, 11:30 PM
Here is a thought ...

Have you been up to where the statues are?
When you pass one, it disappears, this may? destroy said fang... making it disappear, but the statues are gone, so nothing to worry about. I'm not sure if they go in progression order though. Not sure if it really destroys the fang, but only thing that makes sense at the moment.

You could try revisiting the giant rat's lair, but I doubt he'd have a second one, and all the rest of that story.

You could save to another file? and keep progressing til you get the 4th fang, then go test them out. Then revert to old save if you need to.

Evastio
09-03-2007, 01:51 AM
You should have one in your inventory unless you already used it up on the statue (like ValiantKnight posted).

The only other possibility is if you cheated with a cheat device and messed up your file or you exploited some strange glitch...

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
09-04-2007, 03:09 AM
It's possible I might have used one, but I remember I died going up there before I got the earth one, but luckily I was able to get by there after I got the earth one. Now I don't have any fangs left, so I might have used it there then died b/c the next one maybe was for earth. Well, I'm in Eureka now, so I don't need them anymore, right, and I don't have to worry about getting stuck, right?

ValiantKnight
09-04-2007, 09:28 AM
yes, you should be fine.