PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Yiazmat

Mongotha
09-02-2007, 11:13 AM
Does anyone know why I can't cause more than 6999 damage to Yiazmat? My characters levels are in the mid 90s and are equipped with the Masamune, Ultima Blade, and the Ragnarok. Vaan with the Masamune is berserked and has the Genji Glove and the others have Sage Rings. I've dispelled him and have used Expose on him numerous times and still nothing will damage him more than that. Any suggestions?

Kyle

Karellen
09-02-2007, 11:29 AM
After he loses half his HP he gains a passive ability that prevents you from causing more then 6999 damage with any one attack and offensive attacks/magic in general will only cause 70% of what they would normally. Nothing can be done about it, I'm afraid.

Mongotha
09-02-2007, 11:39 AM
damn. Good to know I guess. Makes sense that they would make an endless battle even longer.

Karellen
09-02-2007, 11:57 AM
It's not so much about making the battle longer (although that is obviously a bi-product) as it is limiting MP rejuvenation. The less damage you cause the slower your MP recharges, which becomes a seriously problem when you constantly have to heal and re-buff towards the end of the battle.

Mongotha
09-02-2007, 12:08 PM
I've found that casting Syphon on my berserked character is an effective way to get some more MP since he's constantly attacking and with the Masamune and Genji Glove he usually has a full load by the time I need it. Syphon takes about half of his MP away. There's no substitute for running to a save crystal though.