PDA

View Full Version : Cell phones

Mongotha
09-02-2007, 02:00 PM
I was just wondering what everyone was paying for their phones per month. What carrier do you use and what kind of phone do you have? What does your plan entail and what perks do you get? Just curious...

Rostum
09-02-2007, 02:13 PM
I pay $49AUD and get $500AUD free per month. Phone was free, as long as I was in a 24 month contract, which is fine with me. I'm with Vodafone.

Madame Adequate
09-02-2007, 03:08 PM
I'm with Virgin Mobile and seeing as I prefer to only pay for what I use, I'm on a pay-as-you-go plan, and intend to stick with it.

Edit: Oh, and the phone was £70 but over the first few months I got a total of £50 free credit, so you could either say that I got the phone for £20, or that I didn't have to buy any credit until I'd have the phone for eight months. Either way, pretty good.

Faris
09-02-2007, 03:17 PM
I don't understand the whole thing there, all I know is that I have a Bell phone. My daddy pays the cell phone bill, so I don't know. =)

snacks
09-02-2007, 03:18 PM
I think we have a family plan that we pay like 100 for. Not sure, i'm with AT&T but as soon as "my old man" goes permie with them probably free.

Quindiana Jones
09-02-2007, 03:26 PM
I'm on Virgin. I have a Sony Ericson (spelled wrong I know) K550i, I think. I'm on P-A-Y-G. The phone cost me £90 and I got 200 free minutes over the space of 2 months. Not the greatest deal, considering I prefer to text. Ah well. It's a nice phone, there's a holy monkeyload of things to do on it. And the camera's great, which is what I was looking for anyway.

Zeldy
09-02-2007, 05:00 PM
I got my phone like 2 years ago for a present, I have no idea how much it costs, though you could probably pick it up for about £30 these days if that. Im on pay as you go, and I never have any credit on it.

Jojee
09-02-2007, 06:54 PM
I'm on my parents' plan, it's a family plan sort of thing. ^_^ I'm not sure how much they pay... but I think we got a good plan. :3

o_O
09-03-2007, 02:04 AM
My phone cost me $NZ1200, but as a result I am able to upgrade to the next model in a few days for $NZ85. I used to pay $NZ50 for 50 minutes every month, but I figured out that it's cheaper to pay for my usage, so that's what I do. I also pay about $NZ8 phone insurance each month.

Phone contracts here are crazily expensive because Telecom has a monopoly over the market and by the current CEO's admission have been "knowingly screwing loyal customers out of money for 15 years."When she was quoted in a high-profile newspaper as saying that, she was forced to make a public apology, however many citizens of New Zealand were appalled when she appeared on T.V. and said "I didn't realise that there were reporters in the room."

That's a real sincere apology.