PDA

View Full Version : I don't wanna go to college!

Quindiana Jones
09-02-2007, 03:03 PM
I go to college tomorrow. I'm still not 100% about the bus....I'm real nervous. But just the usual nerves that I get. I'm a worrier. Do I have this? Do I have that? Have I paid for whatever? That sort of thing.

Anyhoo, can you remember how you first felt when you went into primary school/secondary school/college/uni? Just translate it into American for those from the land of the free.

Madame Adequate
09-02-2007, 03:07 PM
I think it's pretty normal to worry a bit about this stuff. I was worried about the money stuff last year, and am again this year, but before I really got into the course I was worried that I'd made the wrong choice and had ended up a course I didn't care for. Fortunately that feeling faded within a couple of weeks, as things started to be put together :D

Fonzie
09-02-2007, 03:47 PM
You're going to get hazed.

Hard.

Sexual innuendo?

In her window. ;)

snacks
09-02-2007, 03:48 PM
Don't go then.

No seriously, the jitters are normal but once you get accustomed to everyone you'll wish you never had to go home. Kind of like your first day of preschool or something.

Jojee
09-02-2007, 06:53 PM
Don't worry about it, it'll be fun and you'll feel big and independent :p

Quindiana Jones
09-02-2007, 06:53 PM
For God's sake, that's not the topic of the thread!

Psychotic
09-02-2007, 06:59 PM
On my first day of 6th form college (british stylee, yo!) I was so nervous I was sick before I left! But once I got there it was all fine and I enjoyed it.

First day of University, though, I didn't bat an eyelid. Well, I was a bit nervous on the drive to the halls of residence, I guess, but as far as class went I was fine. Perhaps college gave me the confidence for university? Who knows!

Zeldy
09-02-2007, 07:09 PM
I was way nervous starting high school, it was a huge shock going from the oldest in primary school to the youngest of the school. I got lost on my first day, as there had been an assembley and I thought it'd effected my timetable and so I went to period 2, and I walked in on a senior class. How I blushed! I got lost pretty bad in my first week xD my school is huge, it was the Maths block that got me as it's called the S block. Now I'm a senior, which is pretty wierd and the oldest in the school again. It's college/sixth form for me after this year.

Disco Potato
09-02-2007, 08:06 PM
When I first started uni I was kind of nervous, but relatively ready to do all the course work. This year it's the opposite - I'm not nervous at all, but I don't want to have to start doing homework, tests, etc. :p

I took the bus last year too. It can actually work out pretty well, especially when you're really tired and/or have a lot of homework or reading to do (I managed to get a lot done when I rode back and forth). You might even get to talk with old friends :jess:. Obvious tip, but having a bus schedule on hand can come in really handy.

bipper
09-02-2007, 08:10 PM
You are such a whiny bitch. Move this to EmoEOEO so I don't flame him ded.

PS: Good luck GOE-cheeks.:mog:

Quindiana Jones
09-02-2007, 08:16 PM
You are such a whiny bitch. Move this to EmoEOEO so I don't flame him ded.

PS: Good luck GOE-cheeks.:mog:

STFU GOAT STEALER!

The Summoner of Leviathan
09-02-2007, 08:23 PM
I was a bit nervous but also excited. It was my first time in an actual big city (yes, I chose my university without coming here first) and I have a thirst for knowledge. So yeah, it was mixed with both nervousness and excitement. It was funny how my parents, mostly my mom, was all worked up because of insane drivers and traffic around here (my mom refused to drive anywhere near the city). I did not even cry when my parents left, I thought I was going to but I didn't.

Even now, I get occasionally homesick and miss my family. The only thing I miss about living at home was all the free stuff and that high school was a hell of a lot easier.

Anyways, best of luck and enjoy yourself!

snacks
09-02-2007, 08:25 PM
Don't worry Quin you'll be fine. It's natural to have the jitters in situations like this, hell I moved 2000 miles away from home and I'm 26 and still had butterflies of leaving my parents so far away. But once you get use to it, you'll realize it's all a part of moving on.

Resha
09-02-2007, 08:47 PM
I wasn't really nervous for the start of Sixth Form/college whatever. Stayed on in the same school and all, so it was/is (WHICH TENSE DO I USE?) pretty a-okay. DON'T WORRY. It'll be so exciting, and there's so much work to do; you'll have the time of your life! :p (but seriously)

The thought of university makes me slightly sick and nervous and eyajwddn2 noooo I can't do it, though. Odds are (hopefully) I'll be a million miles from home and away from all my friends :| and there goes my comfort zone

escobert
09-02-2007, 08:52 PM
I wasn't too worried. More excited to not be living with my parents and all that. Being free mainly. I've been thinking of returning to college. I dunno. I know I can't live making $8.00 an hour.

Breine
09-02-2007, 09:36 PM
Yeah, I remember the first day of the Danish equivalent of High School. I was a nervous wreck, but luckily the three years there went on to become three of the best in my entire life.

Anyway, I had no idea they would become that at the time, so I was about to piss my pants (not literally, though :P). Luck would, of course, have it that I broke my toe the day before and I had to wear an enormous cast and walk on crutches.. Ah yes, those where the days :rolleyes2

You'll probably be fine, though.

McLovin'
09-02-2007, 09:50 PM
It is so close yet I see it as so far.

Storm San
09-02-2007, 10:36 PM
im gonna go to college (99%) in a month and i feel very nervous too :(:( i don't like the initiation in these things :(

SuperMillionaire
09-02-2007, 11:46 PM
Hey, you're telling me; I'm scared to death! I'm going to college in two days! HELP!

Quindiana Jones
09-03-2007, 04:53 PM
My first day was good. Dropped one of the subjects; I only want 4. Met some shmexy ladeez. :bigbiggri

snacks
09-03-2007, 05:01 PM
And thus it ends on a good note!

Quindiana Jones
09-03-2007, 05:03 PM
Indeed it does.

.........:tumble:......