PDA

View Full Version : What types of battles do you like?

MogThief
09-02-2007, 07:53 PM
I like the close quarter battles, because it requires more strategy and skill. You really have to be careful about where you move because one mistake can be costly. That's what I love about FFT - you'll never do exactly the same thing in the next battle and will always see a different situation. That's why I still play this game after almost 10 years of playing. A couple of good CQ include Zarghidas Trade City and Golgorand execution site. I also like the town battles - they just seem more fun, especially when you position archers and people with guns on roofs, attacking enemies from above. Snowy maps are nice as well. It's too bad the random battles don't have roofs, town battles, or snowy maps.

The "Save Someone" battles are cool and can be challenging, because you have to keep that person alive and focus your attention on them. They are your number one priority.

Bolivar
09-03-2007, 08:31 PM
I liked the ones that took place in towns and cities alot. Early in the game, throwing a stone at a soldier on the roof and watching him fall to his death... it was little things like that which also made this a great game.

The story battles are all really good too with the dialogue and different conditions coming in to affect the battle.

hanawa
09-06-2007, 02:47 AM
When you are outnumbered by LOTS of worthy enemies i.e Tiamats, Red Chocobos, Monks etc... :D

afro samurai
09-10-2007, 02:40 AM
towns and citys and being out numbered

Suiko Jin
09-26-2007, 09:07 PM
I love the close combat battles myself also. The town and city maps were the best, but also the most aggravating.