PDA

View Full Version : Resurrect?

hhhgh
09-02-2007, 10:03 PM
I know what your thinking and no, this isnt another aerith resurrection theory thread.

Aerith resurrecting as we come to realise is very slim, but i was just wondering on what you prefered... for her to come back or not

REASONS PLEASE why or why not?

Me yes and no

Yes because id like to see one of my favorite characters come back and be part of the team again in a FF7 compilation ending

No because Aerith is great as a celestial spirit watching over and helping the team

What ever square decides we'll see.

NOTE: Keep in mind that this isnt an Aerith bashing thread, so i ask that you please keep the Aerith hate and crude comments to yourselves. THANK YOU

cloud21zidane16
09-02-2007, 10:19 PM
it would be ok to have her back, but i still voted im fine with her dead. Like you said she was a spirit watching over the team, her death played a crucial part to the story, and you say we ll let Square decide, are you talking about if there was a remake because WHEN there is one im 99% sure they wouldnt change the story at all:rolleyes2

Hazzard
09-02-2007, 10:23 PM
It's better off with her deceased, because it linked in well with the story, and created emotion and other feelings expressed by the characters.

If Square ever resurrected her, then that would cause a series crisis, and they can't redo a whole chunk of the story anyway.

Crossblades
09-02-2007, 10:29 PM
It's better off with her deceased, because it linked in well with the story, and created emotion and other feelings expressed by the characters.

If Square ever resurrected her, then that would cause a series crisis, and they can't redo a whole chunk of the story anyway.

Exactly. When Square first made this game, they did it with the intention for Aeris to die. So I say just leave her dead. I don't bother to play with her anyway.

Tallulah
09-02-2007, 10:34 PM
There was a rumour a little while ago (http://www.ff7citadel.com/efiction/viewstory.php?sid=1) (like ten years ago! (http://www.rpgamer.com/editor/1997/q3/082797is.html)) that stated that Square were in a rush to finish the game to make the deadline, and though they had been planning a resurrection of Aeris, they couldn't finish this part of the game. This 'explains' why, if you use a Gameshark or other game hacking equipment and play, for instance, the part after the snowboarding, she has, or appears to have, her own unique dialogue. This rumour was even in a couple of Playstation magazines

However, this rumour was later refuted (http://www.ff7citadel.com/efiction/viewstory.php?sid=2)by the person who began it in the first place, claiming it had all been a bit of a joke.

There is, however, a 'ghost' of Aeris in the church, though this has been confirmed as a glitch (http://www.ff7citadel.com/rumors/r_misc.shtml#10).

Lots of evidence to the contrary has proved that they never planned nor meant to resurrect Aeris.

Carl the Llama
09-02-2007, 10:35 PM
Although she is one of my fave characters I would rather she stay dead as if you could res her the storey would not have the same value or impact as it would of. so I say im fine with her dead.

There is, however, a 'ghost' of Aeris in the church, though this has been confirmed as a glitch.

do you not that that it could be her new form within the lifestream like the way she appered in FFVII:AC?

BG-57
09-02-2007, 11:12 PM
I don't like the way the poll choices are worded.

Aeris was my favorite character in the game and her loss upset me greatly. However I came to relutanctly admit that it did make the game more emotionally powerful. I wouldn't say I'm fine with her being dead (it is after all monsterously unfair), but I have accepted it.

As much as I was looking forward to her appearance in AC, I was ambivalent about her presence when I actually saw it. It got to the point where I wished she'd leave poor Cloud alone.

What I'd prefer is that she dissociate herself from her former life and friends and completely merge with the Lifestream and eventually be reincarnated. She deserves another shot at life, even it means leaving her friends behind.

Comet
09-02-2007, 11:33 PM
Stay dead, bitch.

Seal Evil
09-03-2007, 12:12 AM
I want her back so she can get with Cloud.

hhhgh
09-03-2007, 06:35 AM
Stay dead, bitch.please I said no Aerith bashing

silentenigma
09-03-2007, 06:35 AM
There is, however, a 'ghost' of Aeris in the church, though this has been confirmed as a glitch.

do you not that that it could be her new form within the lifestream like the way she appered in FFVII:AC?

yeah, like they actually planned the premise of Advent Children back in 1997. Everything in FFVII:AC was an afterthought. everything.

Aerisfanatic
09-03-2007, 06:38 AM

yeah, like they actually planned the premise of Advent Children back in 1997. Everything in FFVII:AC was an afterthought. everything.
how so

Leeza
09-03-2007, 08:12 AM
Comet: if you can't contribute then stay out.

Meat Puppet
09-03-2007, 08:14 AM
GOD KNOW

Firo Volondé
09-03-2007, 10:43 AM

how so

Final Fantasy VII - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_VII#Compilation_of_Final_Fantasy_VII)

Compilation producer Yoshinori Kitase said that when given the opportunity to expand any previous Final Fantasy title for the company's experiment in polymorphic content, he "immediately chose Final Fantasy VII", because of its status as a milestone in the series' history, its status as a reference in the series' style up until Final Fantasy XII (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XII), and its popularity among fans.

Basically, the idea to make Advent Children wasn't even thought of until several years after FFVII was released.

On topic, please no. This game will lose whatever integrity it has left if the remake has Aerith alive at the end.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
09-03-2007, 11:18 AM
i actually thought she was a cool char so seeing her come back would be kinda cool. however, it's an impossibility now as it would mess up the plot liune for about 8 different games and movies! :D

Serapy
09-03-2007, 05:36 PM
When they remake FF7, there's a chance that Aeris might be resurrected :eek: :p

Bolivar
09-03-2007, 08:14 PM
I really don't think so, the story is intended to have Aeris die, and her death is supposed to symbolize alot of things (I guess), but most importantly to reach out and touch the player, which it did. Her death has become one of the most memorable moments in video games and to change it would be a disgrace, to me at least.

When the developers went about actually making that scene, they wanted the player to feel like someone they knew really died, to make it more emotionally moving than was capable in video games past. Watching her sink to the bottom, I really believe they got it done, and that accomplishment shouldn't be compromised.

Aerisfanatic
09-04-2007, 12:26 AM

how so

Final Fantasy VII - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_VII#Compilation_of_Final_Fantasy_VII)

Compilation producer Yoshinori Kitase said that when given the opportunity to expand any previous Final Fantasy title for the company's experiment in polymorphic content, he "immediately chose Final Fantasy VII", because of its status as a milestone in the series' history, its status as a reference in the series' style up until Final Fantasy XII (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XII), and its popularity among fans.

Basically, the idea to make Advent Children wasn't even thought of until several years after FFVII was released.

On topic, please no. This game will lose whatever integrity it has left if the remake has Aerith alive at the end.
oh im sorry i thought you ment the story took place in someones head

Mogi
09-04-2007, 12:48 AM
I don't really have an oppinion on it; either way. It's up to Square, but if Aeris came back, there'd be way too much fuss. I doubt highly that it'd happen.

Carl the Llama
10-04-2007, 01:56 PM

how so

well the way I see it is that she lives on in the lifestream, how else would she of been able to help Cloud in FFVII:AC, and when at the end of the game Marlene says "The Flower girl?" which to me says she can sence Aerith in the lifestreame.

The Ceej
10-04-2007, 03:28 PM
Her death is intregal to the plot. If you were to bring her back, that would smurf up the whole story.

Yeah. I know everyone said it. It's true.

~Death~Stalker~910
10-04-2007, 10:37 PM
i thought if u got stabbed by masamune or however u spell it then kinda a spoileru cant be brought back with a phenix down???

BG-57
10-05-2007, 02:13 AM
Generally the FF series likes to make a distinction between Death (which is the permanent loss of a character, often plot related) and what is usually termed Knocked Out (K.O.) or Faint (which is usually reversible and battle-related).

If you want to pick nits, you could point out that the name Phoenix Down has connotations of ressurrection more than of unconsciousness, which may contriubute to the confusion over the matter. Smelling Salts would more accurately describe their basic function.

I'm sure it's apparant that I feel Square's being a little slippery on the matter.

Agent0042
10-05-2007, 04:15 AM
Whenever somebody starts up with the whole "Revive Aeris/th with a Phoenix Down" down bit, I generally like to refer to SPOILER the scene of Galuf's death in Final Fantasy V:

Galuf: Butz, Lenna, Faris, And Cara. Defeat... Defeat... Ex... death...
Cara: Grandpa! Please don't die!!
Butz: Galuf, don't die! Cure3!
Lenna: Please. Life!!
Faris: Wake up, ye landlubber! Phoenix Down! Elixir!

"Galuf's flame flickered out."

Cara: Grandpa!! Noooo! Don't die!!

If that doesn't do it, I don't know what does. Phoenix Down doesn't do the trick, and here's the proof --- they tried it, and a whole bunch of other stuff too.

blackmage_nuke
10-05-2007, 05:01 AM
Bring her back?!

C'mon those phoenix downs are 300 gil a piece!!

Im not made of gil.

~Death~Stalker~910
10-05-2007, 11:39 PM
lol its not hard to get gil on ff7

Seal Evil
10-06-2007, 10:27 AM
lol its not hard to get gil on ff7
I think it was a joke, lol.

KoShiatar
10-06-2007, 09:05 PM
Let the dead lie. The game would lose a lot of emotional impact if she were to come back.

Dr. Acula
10-07-2007, 08:46 AM
Not to mention they have sequels where she's dead.

MJN SEIFER
10-07-2007, 02:48 PM
There was a rumour a little while ago (http://www.ff7citadel.com/efiction/viewstory.php?sid=1) (llike ten years ago! (http://www.rpgamer.com/editor/1997/q3/082797is.html)) that stated that Square were in a rush to finish the game to make the deadline, and though they had been planning a resurrection of Aeris, they couldn't finish this part of the game. This 'explains' why, if you use a Gameshark or other game hacking equipment and play, for instance, the part after the snowboarding, she has, or appears to have, her own unique dialogue. This rumour was even in a couple of Playstation magazines

Yeah I saw that rumour, I never believed as there are so many holes, by the way regarding the snowboarding line - I may be wrong but I always took that to mean she was meant to die a bit later, still die, just later. Probably in the crater - however this is just my speculation I have seen some sort of evidence I might be right, but it's not concrete enough.

However, this rumour was later refuted (http://www.ff7citadel.com/efiction/viewstory.php?sid=2)by the person who began it in the first place, claiming it had all been a bit of a joke.

I thought as much, at least he was honest about it.

There is, however, a 'ghost' of Aeris in the church, though this has been confirmed as a glitch (http://www.ff7citadel.com/rumors/r_misc.shtml#10).

I wrote this "ghost" of as a glitch long before many others did. Mainly because you can see her on disk 1 (http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-vii/108315-spoiler-no-thats-not-ghost.html), so I always figured it was a coincidence that this happened. However the debug room (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3kAZzt9bAEM&mode=related&search=) suggests that something was originally meant to happen, but obviously taken out of the game. I seriously doubt this had anything to do with reviving her though, I reckon it was meant to be a "respect" thing, like in FFVIII you can see images of Raine in Winhill, these don't do much, just memories of a character made visible to the players eyes, and yes the "Ghost" was indeed supposed to appear after her death only. Anyway my theory is that it was meant to be a ghost originally, it just ended up appearing too early.

Lots of evidence to the contrary has proved that they never planned nor meant to resurrect Aeris.

That is correct, which is why I never believed that she could be revived, although I hoped she could be at first, I realized after my 6th or so playthrough, that stopping her dying/reviving her would completely destroy the passion of this game and the character Aeris her self. Although I was always sad to see a likeable and very powerful character go, I think she's better off dead.

Oh, and the reason no one thought to use Phoenix downs is because they don't revive people from the dead, when your HP reaches zero you are not dead yet, just seriously injured. That is how the others are able to revive you. However you probably all die eventually after game over, as there is no one there to save you. Basically there in a state where if they don't get help (Phoenix downs) they're dead.

This is what happens when Gaulf dies in FFV he goes "below" zero so phoenix downs are useless.

Heath
10-07-2007, 04:02 PM
I think her death contributed to the storyline in such a major way it wouldn't seem right for her to be resurrected at all. Her death was quite saddening but for her to come back would be entirely unnecessary.

Seal Evil
10-07-2007, 10:13 PM
I always took that to mean she was meant to die a bit later, still die, just later. Probably in the crater - however this is just my speculation I have seen some sort of evidence I might be right, but it's not concrete enough.

----------

However the debug room (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3kAZzt9bAEM&mode=related&search=) suggests that something was originally meant to happen, but obviously taken out of the game.
Woah, I find that very interesting! I think you are right.

ReloadPsi
10-07-2007, 10:57 PM
No Aeris revival. It wouldn't make sense. Oh by the way, those novels and the events in AC totally imply that they totally never intended for Aeris to be revived. It should be routine straightforwardness by now.

I always took that to mean she was meant to die a bit later, still die, just later. Probably in the crater - however this is just my speculation I have seen some sort of evidence I might be right, but it's not concrete enough.

----------

However the debug room (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3kAZzt9bAEM&mode=related&search=) suggests that something was originally meant to happen, but obviously taken out of the game.
Woah, I find that very interesting! I think you are right.

This theory totally rules and is immensely fascinating. Aeris dying in front of all the Shinra execs, just in time for her to miss the whole world going to hell, and an encounter not with a Sephiroth clone, but the real McCoy. Man, how awesome would that have been...

If they remake FF7 (big if; it's apparently clear that Square can't be arsed animating Cait Sith's big fat moogle toy), it would be nice to move her death scene to that point, though it would be a dramatic change; instead of an emotional burial it'd be a dramatic "Oshi they got Aeris, run!" scene.

Gilthanes
10-10-2007, 10:19 PM
If they remake FF7 and do anything different regarding Aeris, the only thing I could see them doing is adding a cutscene in the church, something like after the death of aeris, in disc 2 when you can return to the church. The first time you go to enter the church, Cloud will ask the others to wait outside. He goes in and Aeris is there (spirit) and they have a conversation about his guilt and feelings about it all, similar to the scenes in Advent Children

Imo thats my personal theory to the ghost in the church glitch, that a scene like that may have initially been planned, but later scrapped due to time restraints.

Xear
10-18-2007, 11:16 PM
I think personally she should stay dead, After all Setheroth killed her. She didnt not simply get KOed in battle, and IF she could get resurected , that would simply cheapen the meaning of her death and cheapen the plot. Plus it would make a joke out of the life stream idea.

Aries's death served a few major purposes
1) Showing the party that they where vunrable
2) Setheroth actually killing one of your party members, the weakest one infact just proved and renenforced the notion that he was evil
3) She sacrificed herself for the planet without her the world would of gotten screwed over.
4) Spare making the situation and story seem more dire and in a way realistic (by connecting the player emotionly to the threat)., this move also put forward a sense that the party no matter how many giant monsters they took down... where stilll mortal like every other 'person' in that world.

Basicly her death was important , effective and usful on many levals...

Besides when one dies they go to the life stream, bringing her back later on in the game would of just brought her back in the body not the soul, making a zombie aries...

Just let her lie in peace I say