PDA

View Full Version : Squall Concert

Aerisfanatic
09-02-2007, 10:12 PM
In disk two where selphie organizes a concert for squall you have to choose what insrument they are going to play. I was just wondering which ones did you use?

I wanted id to be slow danceish, so i picked Guitar, Electric Guitar, Sax, and Bass Guitar, ya i know alot of strings.

Tallulah
09-02-2007, 10:43 PM
That combination would jar (guitar belongs to the Irish Jig composition, and the other three belong to the jazzy waltzy composition.) This would cause Rinoa to complain about the music and cut the night short, which would move things along, but isn't as dramatic.

The waltzy/ jazz composition (Electric guitar, piano, bass guitar and sax) has the night end with a bit of an argument after Rinoa thinks the music sounds wrong, and Squall doesn't seem bothered about what she's talking about

The irish jig (Tap, violin, flute, guitar) is more dancey and lively, and the night ends in a bit of a nicer way. Rinoa seems to prefer the music, and she succeeds, partly, in getting through to Squall

Hyperion4444
09-03-2007, 12:26 AM
One is Irish Gig
the other is Eyes on Me.

My Combo: (Mostly)
Zell: Electric Guitar
Irvine: Piano
Quistis: Sax
Selphie: Mix it up (Bass Guitar/Acoustic Guitar, or even tap/flute/violin)

Eyes on me: Rinoa Dissapears (Squall wins)
Irish : Rinoa Stays (Squall...)

Aerisfanatic
09-03-2007, 06:40 AM
That combination would jar (guitar belongs to the Irish Jig composition, and the other three belong to the jazzy waltzy composition.) This would cause Rinoa to complain about the music and cut the night short, which would move things along, but isn't as dramatic.

The waltzy/ jazz composition (Electric guitar, piano, bass guitar and sax) has the night end with a bit of an argument after Rinoa thinks the music sounds wrong, and Squall doesn't seem bothered about what she's talking about

The irish jig (Tap, violin, flute, guitar) is more dancey and lively, and the night ends in a bit of a nicer way. Rinoa seems to prefer the music, and she succeeds, partly, in getting through to Squall well it sounded pretty good to me... rinoa has little tatse

Captain Maxx Power
09-03-2007, 11:04 AM
I think it might have something to do with the fact that her mother wrote Eyes on Me in the context of the game, so she's most likely a bit upset for that reason.

Hyperion4444
09-03-2007, 05:36 PM

The irish jig (Tap, violin, flute, guitar) is more dancey and lively, and the night ends in a bit of a nicer way. Rinoa seems to prefer the music, and she succeeds, partly, in getting through to Squall well it sounded pretty good to me... rinoa has little tatse

Except for Squall.
I think she just though the music was bad.
Rinoa: I really like piece, but it's been horrible the last couple of minutes. What are they doing?

Tallulah
09-04-2007, 10:30 PM

Good point. :)

I think it might have something to do with the fact that her mother wrote Eyes on Me in the context of the game, so she's most likely a bit upset for that reason.

Even better point. I've been playing the game for what... five years and never thought of it that way. :cool:

Polaris
09-07-2007, 08:28 PM
Oh I loved that part, Rinoa always ended going away :jess: the music was good though... Gosh I really hate Rinoa :mad:

Hyperion4444
09-07-2007, 09:03 PM
All the Characters could use color clothing changes.
Squall's too black, maybe blue jean might help. Red, Green or Blue colored T-Shirt would help greatly form black and white.
Rinoa's blue, got a dog, but we never play fetch! Why not an Angelo attack where Rinoa throws a stick for fetch and Angelo brings back the enemy's crotch. (That would be funny, more realistic than a Cannon)
Irvine's Cowbow Appereance and Perverted Attitude should be completly changed to Dante's Devil May Cry Demon Ass Kicking Attitute along with Clothes.
Selphie needs less simplistic clothing, I basically create her in Soul Caliber 3 with just 3 clothes, top/mini skirt/boots. Another color than yellow could help. Maybe add Pink and Purple.
Zell... less hotdogs, more girls and not vice-versa. Add light forest green seems to suit his personality just fine.
And Quistis... well most people could say she needs less clothing. ''Maybe right on that one.'' But the color don't match at all. I'd bassically give her somewhat more white, and all colors sexy.

Well, when you are limited of usage, things like this happens.
There's wasn't enough detail in PS1.
In RPGs, the only people who I saw 'on the PS' that looked great was in Legend of Dragoon. Everything was tuned right. And the best part about the game was the character's growth was completly different each one another, instead of bassic equal just to make sure we don't discriminate women.
I'm all for women being equal to men, but when the fun is removed from it...
'although I could say, don't decrease yourself to that level for women'.

Enough said, I personally beleive that without LoD, the PS rpgs would look empty.

Sheer Trigger
09-08-2007, 02:49 AM
I like the Irish Jig better then the Slow Dance(aka Eyes on Me). There is also a third conversation when you mix the instruments up and the conversation goes haywire.