PDA

View Full Version : :O

Tama2
09-03-2007, 09:52 PM
I'm tired of seeing this

"Hello, Tama2! It appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?"

So, here's a topic.

Sometimes I think people see colors different.

For Example: When I see red, you see blue, and Jimmy sees yellow.

Anyone have odd theories or thoughts like that?

scrumpleberry
09-03-2007, 09:59 PM
I know exactly what you mean. I have actually thought that myself many times, and I've never been able to explain it to everyone.

There is one other weird theory, but I can't be bothered to explain it it would take around a page.

Rengori
09-03-2007, 10:03 PM
Oh my god, I always wondered that too a long time ago.

Jojee
09-03-2007, 10:05 PM
I've thought about that too, especially for colorblind people... what does their world look like? xD Do blues look the same for someone else as they do for me? It's an interesting thought.

Iceglow
09-03-2007, 10:09 PM
It's a case of people being very different in perception. I say grass putting the emphasis on the "ass" you say grass putting the emphasis on the "gr" part, same sort of thing really. I guess we'll never quite know why we perceive things so differently since we're all the same species.

bipper
09-03-2007, 10:11 PM
It's like wheaties from the matrix. Perception of stimuli, nothing new, but obscure enough to be a good mind fuck. I am sure any good AP biology class would cover this. We are just conditioned to recognize different stimuli and label on them. So yes, this actually is closer to the case than you might think. AS far as the color deal, it comes down to the cone structure in your eyes to interpret colors as YOU see them.

Tama2
09-03-2007, 10:33 PM
Let me reiterate. :p

Another thought.

I've talked to other people that thought of this also.
I think we have no control over our lives, or of what we'll do. Everything is predestined in a scientific sense.

I really don't want to type the explanation, but if someone says "NAH!"

I'll try to explain, I'm sure others could too.

bipper
09-03-2007, 10:36 PM
O i c

I had this awesome theory about the invention of the Chip. You see, the Spaniards made these tortilla tacos, and some dumb German hit the taco and a chipped a piece off. The guy was like, "Oh hell son, you chipped my shell. Now what am I supposed to do with this..... chip!?" Next thing you know, Americans get fat. All of our problems come from the Spanish accidents and Germain clumsiness.

I think this sounds accurate. Bettar?

Tama2
09-03-2007, 10:39 PM
I don't know why they won't put that in our history books.

Mogi
09-03-2007, 10:48 PM
That message thing was keeling me there for a while.
x.x

About the colour thing, I've thought that for the longest time, but end up doing nothing other than confusing everyone when I try to explain it.

Personally, I can't believe that everyone lives a predetermined life. I would argue that, then, what would be the point of all this? Of course though, there's no substantial evidence on either side, or a way to prove either one over the other. Those against the belief would say that we make decisions every day that prove without a doubt that we make our own destiny, and those for the belief would rebut, saying that those decisions have already been made for you, and it was predetermined that you would choose the choices that you did.

There's not any real, 100% fool-proof way of proving either side. I believe that we make our own destinies because it's more pleasing to feel like I'm in control of my fate.

Tama2
09-03-2007, 11:27 PM
Mind you, I'm not saying that there is higher being making the call of what we're going to do. We are in control, but we are going to react a certain way to a certain action no matter what we know or think.

Just one of those things that I have a hard time explainging. :p

Sakura
09-03-2007, 11:57 PM
I love you ;o;

Pfft, it's like that on IRC
I used to be like
OMFG THIS IS RAINBOW
But someone would have different color settings
So they were like
NO IT'S NOT
And we'd get in heated debates which would end in the death of someones cat and a trail of suffering from here to california

Proxy
09-04-2007, 01:09 AM
Generally everyone sees the same colors, unless they are "color blind".

Goldenboko
09-04-2007, 01:15 AM
Well, it really doesn't matter so I don't think about it but, there are certain parts of the theory that have limits.

Red cannot look like blue without all of the other shades of red, pink, etc. looking like shades of Blue. The reason is bright and dark. If Yellow looked like Blue it would be dark, therefore all other bright colors would have to look dark and all dark colors will have to look bright or the difference would be notable.

Mogi
09-04-2007, 01:37 AM
Mind you, I'm not saying that there is higher being making the call of what we're going to do. We are in control, but we are going to react a certain way to a certain action no matter what we know or think.

Just one of those things that I have a hard time explainging. :p

Oh, I understand what you're saying.

I'm kinda in the middle, now that I understand more the actual context that you're taking. Part of me says "Well, I guess I can agree with that." Whilest the rest of me says that it's just the same as a predetermined destiny.

What you're saying seems more psychological than what I was thinking at first.
*Think, think, think*
The best way I can think of to explain it is that you feel like you're choosing for yourself, when it's really determined by a natural "instinct"-like determined predestiny.
x.x
I'm confusing myself.
I understand what you're saying.
Or I think I do.

And I'll just say again that I like to feel in control of my destiny, so I don't believe that our lives are predetermined.
XD

Tama2
09-04-2007, 01:52 AM
:mog:

The Unknown Guru
09-04-2007, 03:05 AM
My friend sees blue as green and vice versa. It's kinda funky talking to him sometimes, but he's used to it by now.

Lynx
09-04-2007, 03:09 AM
I'm tired of seeing this

"Hello, Tama2! It appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?"

So, here's a topic.

Sometimes I think people see colors different.

For Example: When I see red, you see blue, and Jimmy sees yellow.

ive actually had that same theory for quite some time :p

Værn
09-04-2007, 04:44 AM
O i c

I had this awesome theory about the invention of the Chip. You see, the Spaniards made these tortilla tacos, and some dumb German hit the taco and a chipped a piece off. The guy was like, "Oh hell son, you chipped my shell. Now what am I supposed to do with this..... chip!?" Next thing you know, Americans get fat. All of our problems come from the Spanish accidents and Germain clumsiness.

I think this sounds accurate. Bettar?
Chips were created by accident. Some lady ordered some sliced potatoes in a diner, then complained that they were too thick after she got them. The guy who cooked them got mad, and in response cut them so thin that she couldn't possibly pick them up with a fork to eat them. When they were cooked, they had hardened and the potato chip was born.
I had to copy a paper on accidental inventions in my old info processing class. Hard pretzels were an accident caused by an apprentice chef in the old ages leaving his pretzels in the oven and falling asleep; his master yelled at him and kicked him out, only to try eating one of the pretzels later to find that the taste had become stronger as the pretzel cooked and hardened.

As for things being predestined, I believe that God, if there is one, knows everything that we're going to do before it happens. We're free to do whatever we want, and although He can't force us to do anything He does know that it will happen before it does... know what I'm saying?

Ever think of anything along the lines of God=good and the devil=evil, and they're gambling with each other on which side more people will go to? Or that rather than people sitting in Hell in eternal torment just wasting away again and again and people in Heaven enjoying themselves all the time, there's a constant war raging between angels and demons?

And how long is eternity? I asked somebody once, and they said that if you got a ball of steel the size of the sun, put a single ant on it, and waited for the ant to walk around it for long enough to wear it down into nothing, than that's only the beginning of eternity... The concept of forever kind of freaks me out after thinking about that O_o

bipper
09-04-2007, 05:05 AM
You obviously failed that report, as your information differs from mine :jess: