PDA

View Full Version : Best FF Mini-Game?

Hazzard
09-03-2007, 09:54 PM
Which Final Fantasy had the most engaging, addictive and entertaining Mini-Game, in your eyes?

For me, I never really had one before, but Blitzball has suddenly rocked my FF world since I started signing agents, and understanding how to play the game awesome: in a way, it really reminds me of controlling a football team...:)

So, out of all the FF's, what is your best?

Bolivar
09-03-2007, 10:37 PM
I actualy played the submarine one quite alot in FFVII, i thought it was pretty fun. The Gold Saucer by itself has most games beat.

I never really got into Triple Triad but Tetra Master I spent a crazy amount of time on in FFIX. My vote would probably go to that as my favorite distraction.

Blitz Ball was really cool too, I guess with their scope, it's up to that and tetra master for me.

Tallulah
09-03-2007, 11:07 PM
I always thought Blitzball started too hard and became too easy, so I didn't really feel engaged with it.

I really enjoyed the Chocobo racing/breeding minigame/sidequest in Final Fantasy VII, and the Triple Triad card game from VIII was fun too.

Sphere Break I would have been really good at if I had learned my Times tables... :(

Renmiri
09-03-2007, 11:32 PM
Blitzball rocks my socks!

Laddy
09-04-2007, 12:11 AM
Tetra Master and any Golden Saucer game.

Mogi
09-04-2007, 12:21 AM
Tetra Master, asablah.
I kinda wish there was a little less randomosity in how many arrows the cards had though.

scrumpleberry
09-04-2007, 12:24 AM
Tetra Master.

That's it, really, as a general rule I despise minigames.

TheSpoonyBard
09-04-2007, 12:32 AM
Chocobo breeding, Triple Triad and X's version of blitzball.

Takara
09-04-2007, 12:51 AM
Chocobo Breeding, Triple Triad, Chocobo Hot & Cold.

DarkLadyNyara
09-04-2007, 03:35 AM
Chocobo hot and cold. That game was addictive. :D

Goldenboko
09-04-2007, 03:39 AM
Chocobo hot and cold is the only correct answer for this question.

Darkja
09-04-2007, 04:34 AM
Nah.
Triple Triad and Blitzball were pretty fun too.

Rengori
09-04-2007, 08:14 AM
I hate all of them but Chocobo Hot and Cold and the Motorcycle one.

09-04-2007, 08:45 AM
Triple Triad until I accidentally got crappy and confusing rules spread around.

The Last Oath
09-04-2007, 10:07 AM
Triple Triad is the best when your winning, but when you lose cards like Seifer nd Squall in a random rules game then it sucks :(

p.s i lost my seifer against Ellone

Elpizo
09-04-2007, 03:21 PM
Triple Triad and Chocobo Hot and Gold were pretty fun. CHaG gave you the best weapons and TT made getting some of the best weapons/items easier.

Gennosuke
09-04-2007, 03:55 PM
I loved Blitzball, and Chocobo racing/breeding.:D

Raebus
09-04-2007, 03:59 PM
Blitz ball = Still a horrible mini game, the tank controls and repetitive actions don't make me happy.

Sefie1999AD
09-05-2007, 05:42 PM
Chocobo Hot and Cold in Final Fantasy IX was a very addictive minigame, so I guess that one is my favorite. Chocobo racing and the Motorcycle chase in FFVII were also loads of fun.

Radje
09-08-2007, 11:31 AM
Chocobo hot and cold, Blitzball and of course the lucky dip :)

Mo-Nercy
09-08-2007, 12:55 PM
Triple Triad > Tetra Master. Triple Triad actually requires a bit of skill whereas Tetra Master is mostly luck.

Chocobo Hot'n'Cold was awesome fun too.

And I loved Blitzball too. Both FFX and FFX-2 takes on it, although I had to warm up to the X-2 one after being used to so much control in X.

ff is da best
09-08-2007, 01:57 PM
probaly blitzball and triple triad

cloud21zidane16
09-08-2007, 02:30 PM
Chocobo Hot and Cold was the most addictive. I also enjoyed Triple Triad

Comet
09-08-2007, 06:27 PM
Triple Triad and the basketball game in Gold Saucer. I got like 200 GP in total just playing that ;) The arm-wrestling game was probably the most quickest way of getting GP but finger hurt after a while.

ReloadPsi
09-08-2007, 06:53 PM
G-Bike and Triple Triad.

Chocobo Racing could've been a lot better but in the end it consists entirely of whether your speed is above 140kph or not. So if your chocobo's speed is below 140kph, you'll not win at S rank. If it's above 140kph, you will. It's that friggin' simple. Chocobo Hot and Cold was something I'd always be glad to be finished with and the whole Chocobo World thing in FF8 served little purpose more than getting a few random, maybe useful, items, but generally not worth the time. FFX's chocobo training thing is infuriating and the one in X-2 didn't make sense.

The first time I played FF7 and read the Chocobo section in the manual, I thought "I don't know if I can be arsed with this". Sure enough, despite the fact that I've completed almost every chocobo sidequest in every FF game I've played, I can honestly say that those were the ones that pissed me off the most.

In short, I've just decided to add chocobos to my list of FF pet hates, along with (you guessed it) Black Mages. All because of the tangent this thread led me on. Yay!

Goldenboko
09-08-2007, 07:12 PM
In short, I've just decided to add chocobos to my list of FF pet hates, along with (you guessed it) Black Mages. All because of the tangent this thread led me on. Yay!

Doing that could be hazzardous to your health :mad2:

Hazzard
09-08-2007, 09:06 PM

Doing that could be hazzardous to your health :mad2:

lol, Hazzardous, lol.

Darth Tjador
09-08-2007, 09:06 PM
it would hav 2be the motorcycl,boxing, snowboard game in golden saucer.

Heath
09-10-2007, 12:11 AM
Blitzball was good in small doses, I think. It was an enjoyable game but at over 10 minutes a game it does wear you down a bit after a while. I liked how in-depth the game was and how much thought had gone into the different aspects of it but it really had to be something that was done once every now and again really.

Chocobo Hot & Cold (and the subsequent Chocograph treasure hunting) on the other hand, I really enjoyed and was quite content to play for large periods of time during my last FFIX playthrough.

Wolf Kanno
09-12-2007, 09:08 AM
Triple Triad will always be my favorite cause it had the most thought put into it and it follows the correct formula for a successful game.
1) Easy to Pick up
2) Difficult to Master

That's not to say I didn't absolutely enjoy the submarine game and snowboarding games in VII. I also like Chocobo Hot and Cold (though the sword fight scene in the opening of the game is still my favorite;) ). The breeding was okay but it does get tedious.

I also really enjoyed Sphere Break, which surprised me cause I hate math but damn if I wasn't good at this game. It's one of the few things I did like from FFX-2 (the minigame mecca of Final Fantasy).

Blitzball was horrible (Tallulah says it best) the game is just not balanced well enough to keep my interest. To this day, Wakka is still the only character I was unable to acquire his ultimate weapon cause I couldn't bring myself to enter another damn Blitzball game.

Ultimately, my least favorite minigame in FF is actually Tetra Master. The rules are complexed and just seem random rather than thought out. In the end, games are decided on who goes last rather than an actual strategy.

KaintheDragoon80
09-12-2007, 11:19 AM
Sphere Break FTW.
I never knew math could be so uber before I played it >_>.

Gilthanes
09-12-2007, 12:14 PM
The only two games that found me playing it just for the fun of it, and not to reach some ultimate goal from it, was Choco Hot and cold -> treasure hunting, ad Triple Triad. Two of the best diversions in any game I've played.

Have to give props where its due tho, and the original mini game that started it all. FF1s number game (Hold something and push another button 50 times thing). Back in the day I had plenty of fun with that too

leader of mortals
09-23-2007, 04:03 AM
triple triad(8), chocobo racing(7),chocobo hot and cold(9), chocobo breeding(7)

Triple Triad was the only reason I bought ff8 again after my disk was scratched:D

Hyperion4444
09-24-2007, 01:52 AM
The Laguna Minigame VS The Ruby Dragon in FFVIII. I find it to be the best. (Very simple)

FFVII's motorbike and snowboarding were pretty good too.

FFX, um, the temple chocobo race wasn't bad.

What other game?