PDA

View Full Version : Who's the most Unbearable?

Hazzard
09-03-2007, 10:28 PM
Who irritated you the most; Cloud, Squall, Tidus or Vaan?

They're all considerably young, and of around the same age group. They are all the first playable characters, and they all have their raging numbers in critics.

I find Tidus more tolerable, it was only his voice actor who ruined him, in a lot of peoples eyes.

Vaan was the worst.

Aerisfanatic
09-04-2007, 12:32 AM
Who irritated you the most; Cloud, Squall, Tidus or Vaan?

They're all considerably young, and of around the same age group. They are all the first playable characters, and they all have their raging numbers in critics.

I find Tidus more tolerable, it was only his voice actor who ruined him, in a lot of peoples eyes.

Vaan was the worst.
agreed the main chraracter has to carry a story, i would have anjoyed the game more without Vann IMO

cloud21zidane16
09-04-2007, 03:14 AM
I didnt like Tidus or Vann, but Vann gets the vote because as mentioned the main character needs a story.

Elpizo
09-04-2007, 06:24 AM
Tidus. I loathed him (and almost the entire cast of X). I only liked his weapon (brotherhood).

Vaan's okay. If you want his story, go play Revenant Wings. If you want him to have a shirt, take FFTA2. He wasn't as annoying to me as some people here claim him to be.

PeneloRatsbane
09-04-2007, 09:26 AM
Tidus, dresses like a clown and is a bit annoying. i still like him tho.
get off of Vaan, vaan is alright really

The Mog Ninja
09-04-2007, 09:55 AM
Tidus. I loathed him (and almost the entire cast of X). I only liked his weapon (brotherhood).

Vaan's okay. If you want his story, go play Revenant Wings. If you want him to have a shirt, take FFTA2. He wasn't as annoying to me as some people here claim him to be.

Revenant Wings and FFTA2 are out now?

I voted for Squall, but mostly because I hate FF8. Vaan NEEDS A SHIRT!! and a story :)

Firo Volondé
09-04-2007, 12:21 PM
What kind of person hates someone for their voice? I mean, could you be any more picky?

I voted for Cloud, simply because his character is so cliched, but he has somehow become the greatest protagonist in RPG history for most people.

Hazzard
09-04-2007, 12:28 PM
What kind of person hates someone for their voice? I mean, could you be any more picky?

I voted for Cloud, simply because his character is so cliched, but he has somehow become the greatest protagonist in RPG history for most people.

You would be surprised, a lot of people despise X because of his voice actor, I hate his voice, but it is alright when he is in a calm mood, but really annoying when he is angry or hyper...

Firo Volondé
09-04-2007, 01:40 PM

You would be surprised, a lot of people despise X because of his voice actor, I hate his voice, but it is alright when he is in a calm mood, but really annoying when he is angry or hyper...

:(

Elpizo
09-04-2007, 03:18 PM

Vaan NEEDS A SHIRT!! and a story :)
Revenant Wings gets released in november I think and FFTA2 gets released in Japan on 25th of october. I just meant, if people want Vaan's story, they should play Revenant Wings (Japanese now or wait for the english release). If they want to see him wear a shirt, wait for FFTA2. He looks actually cool in FFTA2, I have to admit. Shame it took SE 2 games to get his design right. Still, Vaan is alright.

Bolivar
09-04-2007, 06:31 PM

I didn't realize so many people hated X until I came to this forum. I didn't think the VA was that bad, except for when they spoke too slowly, but that happens in alot of games with voice acting. At the time I felt he talked a little too silly for the situation, but I kinda liked that, i mean is he supposed to be serious instead?

Also I thought Cloud was pretty original. He starts off as the anti-social elite soldier, and then it turns out he's an elite genetic experiment with a personality disorder...

ReloadPsi
09-05-2007, 12:17 AM
Vaan's voice acting wasn't completely and utterly fucking horrible. I vote Tidus.

Slothy
09-05-2007, 04:05 AM
agreed the main chraracter has to carry a story, i would have anjoyed the game more without Vann IMO

I wouldn't call Vaan the main character.

I'll go with Squall. He was totally apathetic for most of the game then, out of nowhere, he falls in love with Rinoa and gives a crap about others. I also got sick of everyone trying to make him the leader when he obviously didn't want the responsibility, and didn't even care about the people he was supposed to lead. He was a terrible character, with horrid character development. Not even Cloud was that bad.

50calCerberus
09-05-2007, 06:00 AM
vaan...id like to punch that guy into the recycle bin and empty it...lol:D

The Mog Ninja
09-05-2007, 09:09 AM

Vaan NEEDS A SHIRT!! and a story :)
Revenant Wings gets released in november I think and FFTA2 gets released in Japan on 25th of october. I just meant, if people want Vaan's story, they should play Revenant Wings (Japanese now or wait for the english release). If they want to see him wear a shirt, wait for FFTA2. He looks actually cool in FFTA2, I have to admit. Shame it took SE 2 games to get his design right. Still, Vaan is alright.

When we talk about characters we talk about their current behaviour. I'm not going to talk about what Tifa acts like in the 65th FF7 spin-off, I'm going to talk about her in FF7, AC, DoC etc. etc.

Elpizo
09-05-2007, 11:28 AM
People can talk about RW already. There's a nice translation of the entire game on the net. =)

Karellen
09-05-2007, 11:42 AM
Didn't really find any of them particularly annoying but voted for Vaan anyway simply because he's a terrible character.

scrumpleberry
09-05-2007, 11:44 AM

Exactly.

Sefie1999AD
09-05-2007, 07:21 PM
I think Vaan's okay, really. Out of the ones listed above, Tidus was my least favorite character.

mooglebunni608
09-05-2007, 07:23 PM
Tidus was aweful! >( His voice AND his personality where just so annoying- he was a whiner! D<

Aerisfanatic
09-06-2007, 03:50 AM

I wouldn't call Vaan the main character.

I'll go with Squall. He was totally apathetic for most of the game then, out of nowhere, he falls in love with Rinoa and gives a crap about others. I also got sick of everyone trying to make him the leader when he obviously didn't want the responsibility, and didn't even care about the people he was supposed to lead. He was a terrible character, with horrid character development. Not even Cloud was that bad.well he is sort of but still, i could have gone without him... the way he looks, the way is head is shapped like a cone not to mention that he looks like a girl in any high graphical cutscenes or whatever way you say them. the way he dressed, vest no shirt common... his voice is just plain, hard to get emotion from and listen to. and you dont really care about vann in the game, i seem to tend on focusing on the other characters instead of him. So thats why i found him irritating to play, listen, and look at. So ya...

Vivisteiner
09-06-2007, 06:28 PM
Squall, because he's a complete loser.

The best of the main characters is Zidane, because he's a joker who doesnt piss me off with annoying mood swings etc.

Polaris
09-07-2007, 08:32 PM
Squall.... go talk to a wall... :eep: if he wasn't so hot I'd make kamikaze on him!:mad:

aquatius
09-07-2007, 11:09 PM
I haven't played X or XII, but Squall's wankst annoyed me the most.

Rengori
09-08-2007, 12:07 AM
I'm gonna say Tidus, he was just way too cheesy. I thought Vaan was alright.

scrumpleberry
09-08-2007, 12:08 AM
the way is head is shapped like a cone

This made me lol.

Serapy
09-08-2007, 01:03 AM
Ugh, none of them are unbearable to me, in fact, all of them are different. No real reason to call one unbearable because you have a bad taste.

Jessweeee♪
09-08-2007, 03:48 AM
I am in no way ashamed to say that they were some of my favorite characters. Tidus is mah favorite n.n

ff is da best
09-08-2007, 09:34 AM
i liked squall and cloud becoz they were kinda cool in a hero kind of way. Tidus was alright i had no problems with him but then there was vann i reckon he's a dumb person to put as the main character.

Laddy
09-08-2007, 03:05 PM
I just disliked Vaan, he lacked personality and story.

gothic_fantasy
09-19-2007, 06:24 PM
Why has Zidane been forgotten? Is it maybe because he is so fucktastically annoying that it is given that everyone would choose him if he were an option?
Anyways....yeah I thought Tidus was a complete stooge. I can't believe they made a whole game out of bringing him back. No one did that for Aeris...everyone loves her...
Haven't played XII so I can't say how I feel about Vaan...I found Cloud one of the better main characters of FF...
As for Squall, well...I don't know, actually. He was just, there. Lol.

Dr. Acula
09-20-2007, 05:53 AM
None of them really bother me, but I got a little annoyed with Vaan sometimes.

Finola
09-21-2007, 03:02 PM
Don't hate tidus :cry:

I answered Vaan because.. there's nothing positive about him except that he's blond. Squall is my second answer because he's so angst angs and it bothers me that his body is so strange like everyones' is in the VIII.

Hazzard
09-21-2007, 05:09 PM
Why has Zidane been forgotten? Is it maybe because he is so smurftastically annoying that it is given that everyone would choose him if he were an option?

You read my mind; Zidane rarely gets any hate, and there would be nothing really bad to describe him as in the poll options, so I figured to leave the little rascal out. :p

Nifleheim7
09-21-2007, 05:42 PM
Vaan of course.
I hated his character (what character),costume design,hairstyle,voice actor and even his name.

Heath
09-21-2007, 07:31 PM
I know I'm probably making the most unoriginal and overused statement about a Final Fantasy character ever by saying this, but here goes: Tidus was far too whiny. I wouldn't say I had strong negative feelings about any of the protagonists, but I simply liked Tidus the least. As a character, he was the least interesting and there wasn't anything that made me actually care about what happened to him. Perhaps I might've done if he hadn't reminded me about how much he hated Jecht/hated Seymour/wasn't from around here every cutscene.

Renmiri
09-21-2007, 09:20 PM
I just disliked Vaan, he lacked personality, A SHIRT, and story.

corrected

Ashe was bitch too :tongue:

Darth Tjador
09-22-2007, 03:06 PM
it would have to be vann i mean come on dude if u look at his ribs it looks like if he is anorexic

Jessweeee♪
09-23-2007, 06:49 PM
All this hate is making me cry :cry:

Takara
09-24-2007, 03:26 AM
Of the four characters in the poll, the only one I remotely liked was Cloud.

Squall is my least favourite of these four. With main characters, I always try to find something in their personality that I can relate to. I couldn't find anything in Squall's that made him somewhat interesting to me.

Wolf Kanno
09-24-2007, 04:06 AM
This is when I insert my usual retort of VAAN IS NOT, I REPEAT NOT!!!! THE MAIN CHARACTER OF FFXII!!!! XII DOES NOT HAVE A MAIN CHARACTER!!!

Take a literature class or creative writing course so you can learn the difference. :rolleyes2

Back on topic...

I'm surprised that Cecil is not on this list...

Of your choices all of them have their strengths and weaknesses. Squall is probably my favorite cause I personally related to him at the time. As much slack as Tidus gets, he's not nearly as annoying as I thought he would be. Cloud's split personality really annoys me. Half the time he acts like this loner the other half of the time he's "generic rpg hero" who must right all the wrongs of the world.

Despite this, I don't think any of them are terribly unbearable... my vote goes to Yuna from FFX. Worthless wench...

Hazzard
09-24-2007, 06:25 AM
I only put up the ones I feel gets the most hate, Zidane and Cecil were wonderful characters, true leaders, what's to hate about that?

While the options I put up usually always have someone trying to slag them off, I personally don't mind any of them.

People gradually assumed that Vaan is the main character in this thread, no one stated that.

Wolf Kanno
09-24-2007, 06:57 AM
Oh, I just thought you forgot about Cecil. People seem to always forget that FFIV had a main character.

As for my rant of Vaan, that was addressed more for the people who keep claiming he's the main character of XII when he is in fact not. XII doesn't have a main character and if it did, it would technically be Lady Ashe since the plot revolves around her story the most. It's just a pet peeve of mine so ignore me...

Hazzard
09-24-2007, 07:02 AM
Yes, but it is partially due to Sqaure, because making Vaan the only playable character in towns/villages/cities just lead to instant confusion for some players, easily swaying them to believe he was main, especially when you begin the game with his brother and then Vaan to follow.

They should of accustomed XII to be able to control any party members in those sort of locations, just like on a battlefield, and so NPC's say things differently to individual characters, that would of been spectacular.

Wolf Kanno
09-24-2007, 07:08 AM
Seeing how long XII was in developement and how much is already in the game... I feel we should be grateful for what we got.;)

Besides, you can switch your on screen character in IV but no one will contest that Cecil is not the main character. Vaan quickly falls out of the limelight in the plot as soon as Ashe is introduced. Also, Lady Ashe is the first party memeber we're actually introduced to in the story whereas Vaan is only the third major character introduced (Fourth if you want to count Vossler)

I understand where you're coming from though, I'm just trying to spread the TRUTH! Here me people as I preach to you the "Truth of FF"! :cool:

Setzer Gabianni
09-24-2007, 10:27 PM
I'm not totally surprised by the vote. Vaan isn't amazing, but he isn't bad either. Tidus wasn't either, but his personality irked me. I know there's nothing wrong with being happy, but he just annoyed me sometimes. Squall, yes, a bit "emo" but I still think he's great - I got such a kick out of him ignoring Rinoa as much he could. Well, you know when she keeps bugging you for stuff? I always chose the really negative options XD

So that leaves me with Cloud. Too dull, he didn't interest me at all, and he certainly wasn't cute. Neither are the other 3 but...Cloud I really don't find cute.