PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic

I Am Stoner
09-04-2007, 05:45 AM
So what do you guys think of this game? It's one of the best if not the best rpg i've ever played. The first one is so much better than the second. But I love the battle system, the storyline, the jedi battles, the gun fights, the speeder races, its got everything an rpg needs and more!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: The graphics are pretty damn good too.

So whats your verdict on the game?

James Leopold
09-04-2007, 07:28 AM
Yeah, I played them both and really loved them. They were my favourite RPGs. But then Oblivion came along, then I played FFs and now I dont count KOTOR as the best anymore.

Jiro
09-04-2007, 10:08 AM
both KOTOR ad KOTOR 2 were good games. i enjoy the fact that you have multiple choices and storylines. The only thing i hate is that in KOTOR 2 the Peragus bit is so boring and long. But other than that they are great!

theundeadhero
09-04-2007, 12:54 PM
KOTOR is the greatest Star Wars game ever, but KOTOR II wasn't so good.

JKTrix
09-04-2007, 01:23 PM
If you liked KOTOR, you should be pumped as hell for Mass Effect.

KOTOR is one of the few RPGs I've finished, and I enjoyed it quite a bit. I'd put it in my 'bests' as well. I never felt particularly inclined to play KOTOR2 though. Lack of Bioware lost my interest.

KOTOR is more similar to Oblivion than Final Fantasy. Besides the fact that they come from different areas of the world, FF is one of the exemplary games that guide you down a pre-set path while KOTOR/Oblivion are examples of outstanding games that allow you to shape the story in different ways.

HK-47 became one of my favourite characters from any entertainment medium.

Raebus
09-04-2007, 02:41 PM
Yeah, I played them both and really loved them. They were my favourite RPGs. But then Oblivion came along, then I played FFs and now I dont count KOTOR as the best anymore.

Oblivion > Final fantasy.

It's a true role playing game, setting out on a quest and creating your OWN character instead of okaying a pre-determined J-Rpg.

Ouch!
09-04-2007, 06:43 PM
HK-47 became one of my favourite characters from any entertainment medium.
HK-47 made that game, and he became even more awesome if you had the computer skills to restore his memory before it was automatically restored near the end of the game. His story was one of the more interesting ones in the game.

I really enjoyed KOTOR. I never finished KOTOR2 (my computer crashed whenever I tried to fight what's-his-face-with-the-mask. I can't play it on my PC anymore, but maybe I'll try to pick up the Xbox version now that I'm getting an Xbox 360. I'm assuming KOTOR was a big enough title to be one of the games that's backwards compatible.

Laddy
09-04-2007, 06:46 PM
KOTORII was better, despite lacking many features (dialogue, an entire planet, several alignment change options/influence results.)

aquatius
09-04-2007, 06:46 PM
I prefer Jedi Academy because of the awesome multiplayer.

Madame Adequate
09-04-2007, 07:38 PM
KOTOR was a pretty sweet game. HK-47 was godlike, for the record.

Everything will pale in comparison to Mass Effect though.

Discord
09-04-2007, 08:13 PM
I prefer Jedi Academy because of the awesome multiplayer.

I kind of agree. KOTOR was a lot of fun and a great game, but it'd really enjoy it more if it had dynamic character controls.

No multiplayer.:(

Dragonsoul
09-05-2007, 11:28 PM
I'm getting Mass Effect on Nov 20th! I'll rent this game sometime also, it's from the same company.

Spammerman
09-06-2007, 12:50 AM
So what do you guys think of this game? It's one of the best if not the best rpg i've ever played. The first one is so much better than the second. But I love the battle system, the storyline, the jedi battles, the gun fights, the speeder races, its got everything an rpg needs and more!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: The graphics are pretty damn good too.

does it have races like in episode 1? I forgot what theyre called. POD RACES! DO THEY HAVE POD RACES(just remembered)

Araciel
09-06-2007, 12:58 AM
'twas awesome to be sure....among the few xbox games i found worth owning.

Ouch!
09-06-2007, 12:59 AM

does it have races like in episode 1? I forgot what theyre called. POD RACES! DO THEY HAVE POD RACES(just remembered)
The speeder races are very similar to pod races.

Spammerman
09-06-2007, 01:04 AM
a speeder race will never be a pod race.

Slothy
09-06-2007, 01:49 AM
I liked it, though I feel it's overrated to a degree. I liked the characters and dialogue options, though I found a lot of the story pretty predictable. I also didn't care a whole lot for the battle system. It was decent, but was poorly balanced some times.

Discord
09-06-2007, 08:10 PM
I liked it, though I feel it's overrated to a degree. I liked the characters and dialogue options, though I found a lot of the story pretty predictable. I also didn't care a whole lot for the battle system. It was decent, but was poorly balanced some times.

100% agreed.

Elite Lord Sigma
09-06-2007, 08:42 PM
I got to my final world (Onderon, by the way) in KOTORII, then my XBOX inexplicably deleted my data. I'll need to borrow it from my friend again so I can finish it.

I've beaten the first game (and I was pure good). While the second game was rushed and the first bit on Peragus gets boring, both are still great games. Because of extra options such as Influence, bonuses in stats depending on what side of the Force you lean toward, and so on, I'd rank KOTORII as better, but only slightly.

Laddy
09-07-2007, 02:46 AM
I was pissed, as I mentioned earlier, KOTORII lacked many features. For example, among cut content, Atton and Disciple FIGHT TO THE DEATH. (Only if your female., :p.)Atton is influenced by Kreia, and he becomes EVIL and tries to kill Discipline for your heart. The survivor is dependent on stats. Which would kick ass if stayed in the game, because I was female.

Heath
09-10-2007, 10:34 PM
I think KOTOR is one of the two Xbox games I've actually completed (Halo being the other). I really enjoyed it. Being someone who was used to Japanese RPGs, it was quite a breath of fresh air to play something that differed quite substantially from Final Fantasy. I loved the high levels of customisation that let you really shape the game yourself. Things such as your force affiliation, the order you played the game in and the skills you chose to use were really quite welcome features and helped the game have more replay value than most RPGs. Never played KOTORII, but given the chance I think I would.

Tainted Angel
09-13-2007, 01:02 AM
I'd like to add that I played Revan as a famale darksider.

I liked it, but I thought that it seemed lacking in features II had. (And II was rushed becasuse GL wanted the shopping seasom.)

Dragonsoul
09-13-2007, 05:43 AM
I'm excited! When I go to my house later today, this game will be in the mail I'm pretty sure, and I'll get to play it! :)

JKTrix
09-13-2007, 01:36 PM
Have you played Xbox games on your Xbox 360 before? You may need to be able to connect your 360 to the internet to download an update to play the game. Alternatively you can burn a CD with the backwards-compatibility data taken off of Xbox.com (I'm unable to provide a direct link unfortunately) and put that in before you play. I don't think KOTOR is one of the Xbox games that work out of the box.

Araciel
09-13-2007, 01:44 PM
i think i saw on the site, they're both supported.

JKTrix
09-13-2007, 02:23 PM
They're supported, but you still have to download the update for them. Very few (if any) Xbox1 games work out-of-the-box on the 360.

If the game isn't on that list, it won't work on the 360 period.

Alternatively yet again, sometimes the Demo Discs included with the Official Xbox Magazine include the latest Backward Compatibility updates. I'm not sure if it's all of them, so you might have to guess-and-check. But if you can't connect to Live or can't burn a disc, that may be your only other way.

Dragonsoul
09-13-2007, 08:32 PM
I got my Xbox 360 weeks ago. I got this game in the mail last night, it worked, and I didn't need to do any updates, great!

Gah!!! The game is great! Do you remember how I was praising Persona 3? I said that Persona 3's strengths were story, characters, and voice acting, but Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1 is even better in those aspects!

The music is better in Star Wars also. For the graphics they are about the same after an hour of play. The battle system, probably Persona 3 has a better one.

I'm excited! Although after an hour of play I had a headache because of the graphics. I get to choose my character's appearance, I chose the Filipino/South Pacific guy. I'll play this game a litle bit more, an hour or two more. This game is getting me excited about Mass Effect, which should have improvements in the graphics and battle system, and is from the same developer, Bioware. I'll rent Eternal Sonata next, but not sure what I'll do after that.

Great! The rpg's I've played since I got a Playstation 2 again last November I rank in this order of goodness

Final Fantasy XII
...big drop down...
Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus(Yea I like this game for some reasons!)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1
Persona 3
Rogue Galaxy
...big drop down...
Bioshock
...big drop down...
Blue Dragon

...let's see soon how Eternal Sonata ranks with those ones. :)

Jiro
09-16-2007, 09:12 AM
what console(s) is Mass Effect going to be on? I read it somewhere before but I forgot.

Captain Maxx Power
09-16-2007, 11:12 AM
I'm replaying through it at the moment. I love being a melee Light-side character. Master Flurry + Master Speed + Two Lightsabres + High Dex = Death to all. Not that I encourage death to all being light side. I'm just saying sometimes they turn red on you.

Laddy
09-16-2007, 03:41 PM
Damn, Maxx Power pretty much said what was needed to be said about that.

Dragonsoul
09-17-2007, 12:40 AM
Mass Effect is for Xbox 360.

aquatius
09-17-2007, 06:05 PM
I can't wait for the new jedi Knight game to come out. It sounds cool.

Vincent, Thunder God
09-22-2007, 05:11 AM
The original KOTOR was pretty good, the sequel was a disappointment in most areas, and in my opinion Jade Empire was a real improvement on that format.

However KOTOR is way over hyped, and Oblivion is easily ten times better than it. In fact, Morrowind is also much better than it.