PDA

View Full Version : The Legend of Dragoon

ShunNakamura
09-04-2007, 12:44 PM
Time of the mandatory The Legend of Dragoon thread. Actually, I got bored and went back and have been playing it again. I can still respect the game :D.

It certainly could stand improvements in several areas; however, lack of those 'improvements' are nothing serious and don't detract much from the enjoyability of the game. Probably the point that hurts it worse is that the story at times seems overly simple.

Anyways rather than talk about the quality of the game this is a thread for those of us that adore the game despite its faults[though I don't mind hearing opinions on its quality as long as they are explained].

Questions for lovers of the game:
[I]Q: Who is you favorite character and why?
http://pobladores.lycos.es/data/pobladores.com/_c/yn/_cynthia_/channels/temple_of_dragoons/images/2818273haschel2.jpg
A: My favorite character would be Haschel for sure. He is the type of person I would want to grow up to be :love:. In addition he is, in my opinion, one of the strongest characters you get. Basically he is fast, strong, fairly tough, has the highest base physical evasion[not that that matters much], and to top it all off his additions are not only wicked cool but powerful as well. However, his battle strength isn't all I love about him; he also has a very fun personality. Of course he has his faults, one of which anyone who has played the game should have realized.

Q: Who is your second favorite character and why?
http://pobladores.lycos.es/data/pobladores.com/_c/yn/_cynthia_/channels/temple_of_dragoons/images/2818293meru2.jpg
A: My second favorite goes to everyone's favorite hyperactive wingly. Okay, maybe she isn't everyone's favorite; however, her personality is the sort that I am naturally drawn to. And even better she is very capable in combat. She can heal, attack physically, and attack magically. Add in her ridiculous speed combined with her ridiculous damage amplification from additions and she can literally smack down an enemy before they can even move. Weak HP and defense make her quite vulnerable; however, her speed offsets this somewhat and completely makes it a non-issue if you give her a therepy ring[2-3 turns for everyone else's 1 turn and 10% hp heal each turn is monsterous]. With a good personality and a good body she could quite possibly be the perfect female :love:.

Q: What is your favorite funny moment of the game?

A: This is a toughie; however, I think I'll go with the part after Rose and Dart return to the party after being dumped off of the ship, Meru asks if Rose and Dart cuddled. Haschel than told Meru it was rude to ask; however, that didn't stop him from turning around asking the question himself. It just stands out more for me[though Dart and Shana have some comical interactions that can give it a run for its money].

Q: If you could have any 3 of the playable characters to form a party with no restrictions[I.E. no limit on number / type of equipments or character combinations] what would your three be?

A: My answer is a bit long but read it if you like.

Middle position[Party head]
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/80/Albert_%26_Haschel_from_LOD.JPGName: Haschel
Weapon: Destroyer Mace
Helm: Legend Casque[+50 M-AV]
Armor: Armor of Legend[+50 A-AV]
Footwear: Magical Greaves[+5 A and M AV]
Accessory: Sages Cloak[+20 M and A AV]

Explanation: As you can see I have made note of the Evasion abilities. Haschel starts with 10% A-AV and 0% M-AV. So lets add this up. 10+50+5+20= 85% A-AV. 50+5+20= 75% M-AV. The plan is to drop Haschel down to 1 hp, and then to Destroyer Mace the opponents into oblivion and beyond. Thanks to the high Evasion you aren't likely to take him down even with him at 1 hp.

Right-Hand
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/9c/2795428meru.jpgName: Meru
Weapon: Basher
Helm: Legend Casque[+50 M-AV]
Armor: Armor of Legend[+50 A-AV]
Footwear: Dancer's Shoes[+20 speed]
Accessory: Dancer's Ring[+20 speed]

Explanation: Gah, Darn Legend stuff being too powerful. Sigh, Anyways like this Meru has 55% evasion both ways so you are not going to be hitting her every time. However, the real fun is that Meru has 110 speed like this. She can lap people 2-3 times with ease. Add in easy healing + attacking and you got a VERY annoying character. Seriously, she can attack the enemy and then heal both before any one else gets a turn in.

[B]
Left-Hand
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f0/2795401shana.jpgName: Shana
Weapon: Arrow of Force[50% more SP per attack]
Helm: Magical Hat[+50 MAT and +50% more MP]
Armor: Angel Robe[may revive from death] or Armor of Legend[for the physical defense]
Footwear: Dancer's Shoes[+20 speed]
Accessory: Mage Ring[+10% MP each turn]

Explanation: I like Shana more than Miranda, 'nuff said on that. Arrow of Force allows me to go dragoon faster/more often. Magical Hat gives me a 50 more MAT and 50% more MP for more healing AND attacking. The Mage Ring allows me to gain MP without items and the Dancer's Shoes allow me to get more turns in. Finally the Armor of Legend augments her bad defense or I could go with the Angel Robe to give myself a chance to come back should she die[since she is my reviver/healer of the party I don't want her to go down].

My brother was interested in a Albert, Kongol, Lavitz party. Talk about a slow party. However, Rose/Blossom strom will always be in effect so damage will be minuscule for the most part. Haschel was a possible replacement for Kongol.

Yep, I was bored.... very bored.

Markus. D
09-05-2007, 01:07 AM
Q: Who is you favorite character and why?
Shana n_n-b I absolutely loved her mysterious actions throughout the game and her Dragoon magic was pretty!

Rose~ I felt so sorry for her on multiple occasions... and her Necromancer-ish Dragoon magic was a blast to play around with.

I don't remember the equips... but this would be my dream party setup.

Rose (A very balanced character, some of her additions are really great n_n-b).

Albert (Just because I liked him more than Lavits)

Miranda (The arrow shots are slightly faster than Shana's... so when it comes to gameplay I'd probably use her > Shana... The main reason I'd choose this is because of the fantastic healing magic).

ShunNakamura
09-06-2007, 05:06 AM
Interesting choices! That is one heck of annoyer party you got there. Two characters with 'drain' spells[astral drain and white silver dragon summon], one character that can not only revive the dead but heal all party members at once, and you have a character that can halve all the damage dealt to you. Yeouch.

Yeah, the white silver dragon is insane.

I can agree with the feeling sorry for Rose bit. She is not a person whose shoes I would want to wear for even a day.

And to add some spice more questions for the willing!
Q: What did you think of the music in the game?
A: First I ask this because I often see the music slammed by people. My take is that the music isn't bad. However, very little of it stands out. No complaints, but no bonus either.

Q: What was your favorite track from the game?
A: Easily Meru's theme. It just brings a smile to my face when I hear it :D. However, Dart's theme for me is one of those annoying things that keeps going off in your head :(. Not that it is bad, but it gets dull after playing in your head for a couple hours[as would just about anything].

Q: If you were in charge of making a 'sequel' to the game how would you go about it?
A: This is tricky. We could go for a sequel that goes into detail about the start of the Dragoon Campaign. We could do a sequel that takes place several hundred years later when some event sets the world or at least continent in danger. We could also have it as a 'parallel universe' type story. And there are likely many more options.

I would likely go with the several hundred years later option. The Dragon Campaign was pretty well fleshed out in my opinion and I don't really think we need a prequel for it. In addition the parallel universe thing tends to fall flat in my opinion.

Q: Last one for now; if you could obtain the powers of any one of the dragons which would you pick?

A: You could go with the Divine Dragon Spirit which has unparalleled nuking power[lets see someone fight your country when you have the divine dragon cannon on your side]. You could go with the Water Dragon which is very versatile. You could go with the Golden Dragon with its focus on damaging everything in an extremely large area. The Dark Dragon with its fearsome attacks[that aren't actually as strong as some of the others but are darn cool and have some neato side effects]. You could chose the thunder dragon with its amazing single target abilities[if Haschel had more magic power the Thunder dragon could be quite useful since nothing can resist it]. The Green Dragon with its ability to be offensive and defensive[but can't heal]. Fire is similar to the Divine dragon in that it can unleash a whole can of fury upon a target or number of targets[the difference being the divine hits much harder on a single target than does the fire].

However, for me it would have to be the White Silver Dragon. That thing is so cheap it is absurd. It can heal, revive, and attack[and almost all at once yet to boot]. *Drools at the thought of the White Silver Dragon summon also bringing back dead allies* I would ditch the bow however, the game makes bows a bit on the useless side.

Momiji
09-06-2007, 01:26 PM
One of my best friends online always went by the nickname 'Meru'. Now I know where she got the name. :D

Griff
09-06-2007, 01:58 PM
Fave Character: Meru. She was my second video game crush (I was young) and as previously mentioned she is a good character.

Second Fave: Kongol. His strength is just what a party needs at the point in the game you get him.

Dream Party:
Meru, Kongol, Miranda: Meru has speed, Kongol has strength, and Miranda has ranged attacks (and exploding arrows)

Best Track: The battle theme

BlackDragoon05
09-06-2007, 10:49 PM
I'll just skip the 'whys' and go with simple answers since its been so long... lol Awsome game though.

Rose

Lloyd, or Meru..idk... eh, Meru was just a sliver too hyper.

" This is a toughie; however, I think I'll go with the part after Rose and Dart return to the party after being dumped off of the ship, Meru asks if Rose and Dart cuddled. Haschel than told Meru it was rude to ask; however, that didn't stop him from turning around asking the question himself. It just stands out more for me[though Dart and Shana have some comical interactions that can give it a run for its money]."

Have to agree with this one. lol That part was so funny. :rolleyes2

Q: If you could have any 3 of the playable characters to form a party with no restrictions[I.E. no limit on number / type of equipments or character combinations] what would your three be?

Rose, Meru, and probably Haschel.

....hmm... may just go back and play it. This is really making me miss the game. XD

Dragonsoul
09-07-2007, 07:33 AM
This game gets mentioned sometimes by people liking it. I heard of it but it's not as huge as some bigger game but still popular, along the lines of Odin Sphere or Rogue Galaxy.

Can somebody describe the game and specifically about it has increased it's legacy? I'll research it. Please reply.

Sailor Princess
09-10-2007, 12:11 PM
i liked shauna and meru. rose was abit nasty. dart reminded me of cloud from advent children.

White_Dove15445
09-10-2007, 06:10 PM
I love this game, finished two discs when the second one crashed and stopped working. -.- I reached until they fight the water dragon.

Dart, He's strong and cute. he got some cool moves and a very cool personality. Not like some Enix characters either damn serious and closed nor too funny and stupid. he has his moments though.

Rose, she has a very strong personality and she's very mysterious. I love her powers in battles too, and her slashs are cool as well. I like her more Shana anyway.

This would probably be the same as yours Shunakamura. It was funny! Still this is a tough choice the game has many funny moments, which is good.

Dart, Rose and Albert.

Q: What did you think of the music in the game?
There were some nice ones that i really liked, can't remember since I played the game long ago, but most of them weren't that good, weren't bad either.

Carl the Llama
09-11-2007, 02:48 PM
Who is you favorite character and why?
Definately Dart, he is cool powerful and he has my fave addition which was Madness Hero

Who is your second favorite character and why?
Prolly gunna go with Lavits, he was such a cool guy and I like his attitude

What is your favorite funny moment of the game?

Prolly the part where Dart lost the strongest man in the world comp and then went on the date with Shana and lavits tries to go with rose and she smacks him around... lol.

If you could have any 3 of the playable characters to form a party with what would your three be?

Dart Rose and Lavits... if I was unable to use Lavits then Meru cause she is so class :D