PDA

View Full Version : Mafia - Game Over!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Shiny
09-07-2007, 09:43 PM
SHINY ;___; BABY
:aimkiss: My death won't be in vain. I thought it would be alot sooner tbh.

AND screw you, Magus. :)

Levian
09-07-2007, 11:03 PM
Remember to vote on time this time, pplz. :rolleyes:

Captain Maxx Power
09-07-2007, 11:17 PM
I don't know if I want to jump on the Rengori bandwagon. I'm also less suspicious of Faris, she just seems TOO obvious a candidate.

Radje
09-08-2007, 01:50 AM
Remember to vote on time this time, pplz. :rolleyes:

You're a fine one to talk about tardiness :mad:

I have been convinced that the hairy slander about Shiny is in fact... *clears throat* "FILTH AND LIES!"

Del Murder
09-08-2007, 02:15 AM
Loving the death descriptions, Lev.

StarlightAngel
09-08-2007, 02:34 AM
I love reading this thread. It's so much fun to watch you guys try to reason things out, not to mention the death scenes. Just thought I'd mention that.

Levian
09-08-2007, 10:51 AM
Glad you're enjoying the show!

7 hours left, no votes.

Radje
09-08-2007, 10:54 AM
Personally I'm confident thinking Rengori, Faris, Foa and Lekena are the only possible mafia left.

Shauna
09-08-2007, 12:05 PM
Waa. I'm at a loss at who to vote. =[

Captain Maxx Power
09-08-2007, 12:30 PM
I know exactly what's going on here, Mafia are keeping schtum so that we can't reason it out. I say new rule: Anyone who DOESN'T at least post in this thread during the day has a vote automatically notched against them.

Faris
09-08-2007, 12:39 PM
Yeah, I'm out most of the day this weekend and my computer is having issues.

I'm pretty much in the same boat as Shauna. =/

Captain Maxx Power
09-08-2007, 01:12 PM
OK, seeing as how we're lacking votes I'm going to go with Rengori, since quite a few people seem to have pointed him out as possible Mafia, and really there's no one else right now I'd want to vote for.

Shauna
09-08-2007, 02:24 PM
Yeah, I've been suspicious of Rengori too. Vote for him. :)

Sergeant Hartman
09-08-2007, 03:10 PM
I'll vote now seeing as I won't be here later.

Yeah Rengori is still looking dodgey :/

Freya
09-08-2007, 04:47 PM
Personally I'm confident thinking Rengori, Faris, Foa and Lekena are the only possible mafia left.

Oie me?!

Rengori I guess.

Levian
09-08-2007, 06:30 PM
Ok, I'm in a bit of a hurry, going to a birthday party, so I'll just make this quick.

Rengori is dead, and he was a big fat citizen. Suck on that, you evil citizen-lynching bastards.

Night 7

lalalaaa. This night will probably last at least 15 hours, since I'll be busy, and then sleeping.

Shiny
09-08-2007, 06:40 PM
lawl Rengori. Welcome to Levian's hand made Hell. :)

Jessweeee♪
09-08-2007, 06:46 PM
At least you aren't salami like me ; ;

fire_of_avalon
09-08-2007, 07:13 PM
I don't understand what makes you think that, Radje.

Captain Maxx Power
09-08-2007, 08:08 PM
Ok, I'm in a bit of a hurry, going to a birthday party, so I'll just make this quick.

Rengori is dead, and he was a big fat citizen. Suck on that, you evil citizen-lynching bastards.

It doesn't help that he didn't say a single thing to rebuke our votes. :mad:

Del Murder
09-08-2007, 08:33 PM
Too many cooks in this I think. People are losing interest.

Loony BoB
09-08-2007, 08:58 PM
http://www.aiyon.com/keke/mafia.jpg

Rengori
09-08-2007, 09:37 PM

It doesn't help that he didn't say a single thing to rebuke our votes. :mad:
I was asleep when you guys started voting.

Captain Maxx Power
09-08-2007, 10:26 PM
Too many cooks in this I think. People are losing interest.

There's less of us, how can we have "too many cooks?". Anyway, you're just bitter because you got killed off early.

Del Murder
09-08-2007, 11:12 PM
Too many cooks as in, we started with too many people and this is going on for a long time which means people will eventually lose interest. But, I'm sure the shrinking of the town membership has something to do with it too.

Also, I am bitter! I seriously would never have killed off hannah first. I want her to play!

Levian
09-09-2007, 12:37 AM
Yeah, we should probably start with less people next time. I just wanted as many people to play as possible this time, since I thought it would be more fun. And we should also start with an odd number of participants so it'll be impossible to get a tie if everyone votes. Perhaps 15 is a good number.

Dunno if people are tired or just clueless of who to vote, though. Some of the loudmoths have been killed off after all.

Jessweeee♪
09-09-2007, 12:46 AM
I thought the numbers were good this time :p

There's only nine people left...it couldn't take more than a few cycles n.n

Psychotic
09-09-2007, 12:55 AM
Yeah, we should probably start with less people next time. Or have another mafia family and/or a serial killer. That'll really thin out the numbers quickly.

Rengori
09-09-2007, 01:14 AM
Serial killer sounds like a good idea.

Jessweeee♪
09-09-2007, 01:35 AM
Serial Killer sounds awesome!!!

oh, and a bomb! We should totally have a bomb!

I hope this doesn't turn into an annual thing...I dun wanna wait a whole year to play with u gais again ; ;

Captain Maxx Power
09-09-2007, 02:08 AM
If we do another game I'll most likely not join in, mainly to allow others to have a turn. I've been in the game for quite some time...actually, I've got this sneaking suspicion I'll be killed off now. :(

loben
09-09-2007, 05:55 AM
Stop talking about next round and start voting so I can play next time!!!!!

Del Murder
09-09-2007, 06:00 AM
The moderator of the game is busy. Once he gets back on he'll start the next day as long as all the night stuff has been done. There is nothing to vote on right now.

Jessweeee♪
09-09-2007, 06:25 AM
hahahaha...the dead people are posting most XD

Mogi
09-09-2007, 10:57 AM
If there's another game, I'm definitely joining.
:D

Sergeant Hartman
09-09-2007, 11:55 AM
GenChat, population - 9

Faris
09-09-2007, 01:06 PM
Stop talking about next round and start voting so I can play next time!!!!!

We can't do much until the night is over. :p

Levian
09-09-2007, 01:42 PM
Looks like my 15 hour break didn't matter much, as I still don't have anything I need to start Day 8 anyway. ;)

Jessweeee♪
09-09-2007, 05:06 PM
Grrr...stupid night people not doing their nightly duties >:[

Levian
09-09-2007, 08:40 PM
Oh my god, I'm gonna fucking kill you all. :mad2: 'cause the mafia sure ain't doing it! and the cops seems to have gotten lost in the donut shop.

But yeah, the 24 hours were up 2 hours ago, and still no sign of the night people. Since I have apparently forgotten to tell you what happens if nothing is done within those 24 hours, I'll cut you some slack and wait for you to PM me.

But from now on, if night activities aren't done within time, the next day will start without your action happening. Meaning citizens won't die if mafia haven't done their job, villagers won't be investigated if the cop haven't done their job, and villagers won't be protected if the doctor ain't doing their job.

Loony BoB
09-09-2007, 08:54 PM
Also, any accounts that don't do their job will be permanently banned from Eyes on Final Fantasy.

Psychotic
09-09-2007, 09:13 PM
Yeah, see, that's what happens when you kill all the interesting people off first. Great going!

Flying Mullet
09-09-2007, 09:25 PM
I agree that there were probably too many people involved and interest is waining.

Sorry I missed the last vote, but I rarely sign on over the weekend.

Levian
09-09-2007, 10:22 PM
Remember Remember the 9th of September! I forget which day and month it's actually supposed to be, but who cares, it still rhymes. Ah, yes it is indeed a memorable day, since it's been the hottest day, temperature wise, since December 8th 1986. Which is the day Raistlin was conceived, at the docks. Either way, this was the perfect opportunity for all the tired villagers of Genchat to relax and take it easy for once. Lekana and I Took the Red Pill decided to go for a swim, splashing around. And the rest weren't too bright either, they went tanning on the pier. Don't you fucking know sharks EAT piers? Have you never seen Jaws, I mean god dammit people, do you WANT to die? God. Anyway, Radje was killed by global warming. Yeah, it's coming, and eventually it will kill us all. Radje was a cop.

Day 8

24 hours.

Jessweeee♪
09-09-2007, 10:35 PM
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Shiny
09-09-2007, 10:36 PM
Poor Radje. Killed by global warming. xD Thanks alot, Al Gore!

Fonzie
09-09-2007, 10:58 PM
Haha, so is this dying already?

'Tis but a shame. :cry:

Flying Mullet
09-09-2007, 11:05 PM
Personally I'm confident thinking Rengori, Faris, <b>Foa</b> and Lekena are the only possible mafia left.
Hmm, since Radje was just offed and he listed his possible mafia choices, I'm going to have to agree with an earlier sentiment.

My vote's for foa.

I Took the Red Pill
09-09-2007, 11:07 PM
Voting for [blank]

edit: screw it, I'm going to take my time and think.

Levian
09-09-2007, 11:10 PM
Haha, so is this dying already?

'Tis but a shame. :cry:

Oh, I wouldn't say that. The endgame is usually the most interesting part, as there'll be less random baseless accusations, and also fewer people. Things could easily pick up soon enough, and I assume it will. :mog: There's less people left, so that's one of the reasons why the activity has dropped. People also have to think more carefully now since it's closer to the end.

Even if it is a little dry right now, this thread is ca. the 15th or so most replied to thread in GC ever (excluding pruned threads). Most of the threads before it being Ciddies revelations and some election threads. So that's always something.

Captain Maxx Power
09-10-2007, 01:14 AM
QQ: Since it might take a while to trawl through, could you post up a list of the roles and strikeout the ones that have been killed off?

Resha
09-10-2007, 09:00 AM
Oh, it's not dead. Most of the players are, though :p and that might be why it's going a little slow. But I'm still watching eagerly. Only now I know everything. i.e. I am god

Levian
09-10-2007, 09:31 AM
QQ: Since it might take a while to trawl through, could you post up a list of the roles and strikeout the ones that have been killed off?

List of players:
* Captain Maxx Power
* Del Murder - Lynched, Day 3
* demondude55 - Lynched, Day 1.
* DK - Lynched, Day 4 MAFIA
* Faris
* fire_of_avalon
* Flying Mullet
* I Took the Red Pill
* KH-Cloudy - Lynched, Day 6 MAFIA
* Jessweeee♪ - Killed in an abandoned mental hospital, Day 4.
* Lekana
* Magus of Zeal - Lynched, Day 2 WINNER (Jester)
* Miriel - Impaled by a camera lens, Night 1
* oddler - Killed by eels in his bathtub, Night 2
* Old Manus - Lynched, Day 5 MAFIA
* Psychotic - Killed by a chainsaw, Day 2
* Radje - Killed by global warming, Night 7 COP
* Rengori - Lynched, Day 7
* Resha - Shot, Night 4
* Sergeant Hartman
* Shauna
* Shiny - Decapitated, Night 6
* The Fonz - Exploded, Day 4
* The Summoner of Leviathan - Run over by a car, Night 5
* Übel - Killed by a bear trap, Night 3 DOCTOR

Replacements:
1. Hazzard
2. f f freak
3. Raebus

This can also be found in the first post. I'll keep it updated.

Fonzie
09-10-2007, 01:30 PM
"*The Fonz - Exploded, Day 4"

Damn Pop Rocks and Pepsi. :(

Flying Mullet
09-10-2007, 01:38 PM

Are you a bird? I heard birds can't burp/fart and if you somehow managed to feed them Alka-Seltzer (or drink carbonated beverages) they would eventually explode from the built up gas. Of course, this is based on grade school playground rumors, so I don't know how reliable it is...

fire_of_avalon
09-10-2007, 02:40 PM
I am going to investigate Flying Mullet's craaazy claim.

Also, I'm really sorry for not being around this weekend. My best friends were visiting me and I don't get to see them often.

I am finished investigating FM's claim. Birds can too so (http://www.qeok.com/birds/1893-qeok.html) fart. I guess you just can't trust FM about everything he hears.

Flying Mullet
09-10-2007, 03:06 PM
I am finished investigating FM's claim. Birds can too so (http://www.qeok.com/birds/1893-qeok.html) fart. I guess you just can't trust FM about everything he hears.
So you're saying you can't trust everything you hear on the playground growing up? :cry:

Loony BoB
09-10-2007, 03:25 PM

Are you a bird? I heard birds can't burp/fart and if you somehow managed to feed them Alka-Seltzer (or drink carbonated beverages) they would eventually explode from the built up gas. Of course, this is based on grade school playground rumors, so I don't know how reliable it is...

Exploding bird - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploding_bird) (even if foa beat me to it :()

fire_of_avalon
09-10-2007, 04:15 PM
I rule you, BoB.

Levian
09-10-2007, 04:17 PM
6 hours left. :cool:

Captain Maxx Power
09-10-2007, 05:35 PM
Is anyone even playing anymore? :confused:

Levian
09-10-2007, 07:35 PM
Okay, let's take a time-out then. A couple days. I'll send you all PM Reminders before we start up again.

Should give you all some time figuring out who to vote for too.

Rengori
09-11-2007, 12:59 AM
Haha, I died before the game did!

Fonzie
09-11-2007, 01:29 AM
Knew this would happen.

Should of done this during the summer, Levy.

Miriel
09-11-2007, 01:37 AM
You guys just shouldn't have killed me and Tony off so early. :mad2:

Rengori
09-11-2007, 01:46 AM
But Tony is such a Mafia-esque name!

Jessweeee♪
09-11-2007, 02:01 AM
I think we're doing quite nicely n.n

I mean, if we start with less people it'll just get like this quicker...

Loony BoB
09-11-2007, 09:10 AM
Yeah, most likely. The only real way around keeping activity up would be to give the 'dead' a purpose, I guess. But I think the thread has stayed active enough... it's just the people doing their end of things outside of the thread that seems to be slowing down, apparently.

Levian
09-11-2007, 10:09 AM
Haha, I died before the game did!

Final Fantasy gamers of all people should know the difference between death and KO. Nothing a Phoenix Down can't fix.

Flying Mullet
09-11-2007, 02:08 PM
You guys just shouldn't have killed me and Tony off so early. :mad2:
It's not like we had a choice in your death.

Old Manus
09-11-2007, 03:21 PM
Unfortunately the mafia was not a democracy and I don't think I voted Miriel

Shauna
09-11-2007, 04:19 PM
Sorry for bein MIA this weekend. :( But, I look forward to Wednesday! :p

Radje
09-11-2007, 04:40 PM
I can't believe I got killed off whilst I was busy during fresher's events.

You lot suck :p

fire_of_avalon
09-11-2007, 06:44 PM
We suck? If you had TOLD me you were a cop earlier I wouldn't have fought everyone so hard on DK. Jerk.

I Took the Red Pill
09-11-2007, 07:47 PM
Just because he couldn't trust everyone with his identity doesn't mean he was a jerk.

Radje
09-12-2007, 01:54 AM
Haha, well would revealing myself really have done the slightest bit of good in the long run?

It's a pity the game has kinda...dribbled to a halt since I've been away. I'm interested to see how it ends.

Jessweeee♪
09-12-2007, 01:56 AM
OOH WE SHOULD ALL DO SPOOKY DEAD PEOPLE STUFF!

Levian
09-12-2007, 09:29 AM
Sent this in a PM to all 8 contestants:

We'll start up again on Wednesday 17PM GMT. (in 7 and a half hour) I'll send you all a PM when that time comes. But here's some new stuff I've thought out to make this game a little more active:

-Day 8 will last 36 hours, someone will be lynched at the end of those 36 hours.
-If you haven't voted within 24 of those hours, you will be replaced by someone who will vote within the remaining 12 hours.
-Everything will continue as before after Day 8, with 24 hour days and voting not obligatory to stay in the game.

But hopefully we won't have to replace anyone and we can just continue as before. That would be the least confusing for everyone anyway.

Now let's get some action on Wednesday :D

And I'm posting it here to ask for replacements. It's not certain we'll ever need them, but if you want to be a replacement, you'll have to be available later today. I'll also need the current replacements to confirm their spot if they still want to be replacements. I'll send them a PM about it.

So yeah, no matter what happens, we'll have all 8 lynching votes at the end of Day 8.

Loony BoB
09-12-2007, 09:41 AM
You know I'd be interested. :D

Flying Mullet
09-12-2007, 01:24 PM
You know I'd be interested. :D
Really, we couldn't have guessed. :p

fire_of_avalon
09-12-2007, 04:03 PM
This really sucks. Since people haven't been moving around and doing things, it makes it hard to see who is behaving suspiciously.

Captain Maxx Power
09-12-2007, 04:23 PM
This really sucks. Since people haven't been moving around and doing things, it makes it hard to see who is behaving suspiciously.

Hence why Lev has put in a "24 hour" clause into the mix.

Levian
09-12-2007, 04:49 PM
Day 8

Again! :D

Everyone will have to vote before tomorrow before 17 PM GMT, also known as in 24 hours and 13 minutes as of this post.

The ones who haven't voted then will be replaced and the replacements will have 12 hours to vote. So they've got until 11AM GMT to vote, which is when someone will be lynched.

Let's get the ball rollin'!

Shauna
09-12-2007, 04:52 PM
Hm... I'm still at a loss of who to vote. xD WHO?!

Sergeant Hartman
09-12-2007, 04:54 PM
http://www.peoplesrepublicofdis.co.uk/albums/album16/tumbleweed.sized.jpeg

Flying Mullet
09-12-2007, 04:59 PM
Personally I'm confident thinking Rengori, Faris, <b>Foa</b> and Lekena are the only possible mafia left.
Hmm, since Radje was just offed and he listed his possible mafia choices, I'm going to have to agree with an earlier sentiment.

My vote's for foa.

Shauna
09-12-2007, 05:30 PM
Hm, one person I haven't seen terribly much of, is Hartman. Perhaps he could be a suspicious one...

fire_of_avalon
09-12-2007, 06:05 PM
I still really don't understand why I'm so suspicious. I argued for Dan because I sincerely believed he was a cop and he was on our side. I was tricked. Definitely not my proudest moment.

Other than that, look at my posts in the thread. At most deaths, besides Del Murder's, I've been obviously upset. Granted, that could be fake.

Finally, I wasn't here all of this past weekend and all of the weekend before that for the most part. If you don't believe me then, you can check my voting record. How could I kill people if I wasn't around to kill people? A mafia would have to be keeping up with this thread and the town lynchings to even know who to kill. So the mafia is, clearly, someone who has been here, without any lapse in activity.

Ergo, I cannot be mafia. Flying Mullet can also not be mafia.

If you want my real opinion, I think I'm being framed. Maxx Power said earlier in the thread that he feels the killings are coming at random now. I don't think so. I see a pattern. Shiny and Radje just died. They both fought me hard (and fought me true) on DK's lynching. I ate crow on that one, and it hurt because I really did trust Dan. I haven't even spoken to him since then; you can ask him yourself. Before Shiny died, TSoL was run over in a BMW. First of all, that just isn't me at all. I would never, ever, EVER drive a BMW. It isn't my style. I like classic muscle cars, and I really abhor most vehicles new and foreign. TSoL had voted for me to lynch in an earlier round, and then conveniently bit the dust. Before him was Resha, someone who had no connection to be whatsoever at least as far as I can tell. So, at THAT point, somewhere between Resha and TSoL, I got picked to be the fall girl.

So the question is: Why me? And the answer is because I already had all the connections. Most of my deliberation and conversation among the other citizens has been in this thread. I took very little to PM. ANYONE CAN SEE EVERYONE IN-GAME THAT I AM CONNECTED TO. And someone is exploiting these connections to frame me. It's pretty clever, but if you really sit down and think about it, am I really dumb enough to be so obvious? Why would I go off killing the obvious people?

So, I'm being framed. But by whom? I'll tell you who I think it is.

I think it's Maxx Power. My theory is he, KH-Cloudy/Jessweee, Dan and Manus were all mafia to start. There may be more, but I think we'll see them come out of the woodwork after I post this. I think they PLANNED to tip off the cop(s) to investigate the four of them. I think the cops then formed their little PM circle INCLUDING Maxx Power (because as the Godfather, he appears innocent) and decided to lynch them. I was left out because I looked pretty suspicious after Del Murder's lynching and revelation. Since I was already out of the circle, I became a prime target for framing. No one trusts me, and I keep doing stupid things like defending Dan. And, as I've said before, all of the people who have died since Resha have been connected very strongly to me. BUT let's take a look at some of their posts before they died.

This must be their plan. To have us all going at each other. I am going to do what someone told me and disregard that PM foa sent me, because I think DK was trying to set up innocent citizens in that PM. He attempted earn foa's and Resha's trust so they would defend him and look bad to us. So instead I will continue to point my suspicions towards Captain Maxx Power. As well as Old Manus, and Rengori. Flying Mullet is still on my list, but as I said before he is inactive as of right now.

Great, now everyone thinks I'm mafia.

I think that Red Pill, Maxx, and maybe Manus are all mafia

*Rengori was soon after lynched and found to be innocent*

I'm worried about Maxx being mafia myself, it would be a horrible trick but very well played by the mafia. I suggest to whoever the real cop is that he investigates him tonight. We need to be sure.

Keep your eye on me too if you still have doubts. I'm willing to disprove them. I'm incredibly surprised I wasn't killed last night myself .

I want to put out my last theory as well, that DK and Maxx and/or Redje were Mafia working together. I dunno if this was mentioned by anyone else or not, but it is possible. In the likelihood that the Mafia was losing there power over the citizens, they could have chose one of their own to be under suspicion. Basically, it goes that if DK was right and Maxx was Mafia, then everyone would give up on Maxx and start listening to what he said. The converse is true about DK. Meaning, what if this was all another Mafia ploy to regain control over us citizens? What if we are still being manipulated by them? I like to think Radje is an innocent that got wrapped up into this, but then again he could just be playing his part really well.

Resha also voted for Maxx Power once, though she said it was in retaliation for him voting for her.

My point? Every last one of them suspected or voted for Maxx Power and every last one of them is now dead. And I'm being framed for it.

I don't want to lose to the mafia. Hell, for all we know the townies and the mafia are about even right now. One more death of a townie could tip the balance their way.

My vote is for Maxx Power, for the reasons stated above.

Flying Mullet
09-12-2007, 06:12 PM
Hmm, you put together a very convincing case foa. I can see your reasoning, so I'm gong to change my vote to align with yours.

I vote for Maxx Power.

<b>Now, on that note:</b>
If Maxx is lynched and he isn't mafia, I will vote for you next foa. Also, if Maxx is innocent and I happen to die overnight, people will know why.

Shauna
09-12-2007, 06:53 PM
That is a very good argument there. *more ponderings*

Sergeant Hartman
09-12-2007, 07:35 PM
That is a very good argument there. *more ponderings*
Not about me I hope :hat:

Captain Maxx Power
09-12-2007, 07:56 PM
I vote for foa. I know I'm not Mafia, and she's gone to GREAT lengths to target me. If I get lynched then all the other citizens will hopefully be as suspicious. All that constant bolding of lettering; the fact people mentioned my name is being exploited quite severely.

I Took the Red Pill
09-12-2007, 07:57 PM
I still don't have much of an idea of anyone's identity right now, but I'm going to vote for foa I guess.

Faris
09-12-2007, 08:31 PM
I flipped a coin this morning. I honestly don't know who to vote for and it's a bad way of doing things, I know. It was between foa and Lekana (because of the three still living people mentioned by Radje). Coin said foa D= *vote*

Levian
09-12-2007, 09:19 PM
I forgot to mention that if everyone should vote within 24 hours, someone will be lynched then and not after 36 hours. Well, now you know! No use in waiting just for the sake of waiting.

Flying Mullet
09-12-2007, 09:37 PM
Now I'm really torn between Maxx and foa. Another reason I was suspecting foa is the conspiracy side of me wondered if Lev postponed the game because my only vote for foa would have lynched a mafioso and he didn't want a mafia member lynched by only one vote.

Shauna
09-12-2007, 09:53 PM
With the foa-Maxx thing... I'm more inclined to believe foa... So... I guess I vote Maxx.

Levian
09-12-2007, 10:08 PM
Now I'm really torn between Maxx and foa. Another reason I was suspecting foa is the conspiracy side of me wondered if Lev postponed the game because my only vote for foa would have lynched a mafioso and he didn't want a mafia member lynched by only one vote.

You guys are the conspirators, not me. :p My only intention behind stopping the game was because the activity was freakishly low, and I realized I had to stop it before 24 hours were up if I was gonna stop it, so I did it then. Anyway, I suggest you base your vote on something else.

Shiny
09-12-2007, 10:14 PM
Gee, days that last over 24 hours...

Hurry up! I want to see some death damnit. >:)

Captain Maxx Power
09-12-2007, 10:39 PM
Gee, days that last over 24 hours...

Hurry up! I want to see some death damnit. >:)

Man these corpses sure are chatty. :p

Shiny
09-12-2007, 10:43 PM
Well if your upper lip wasn't so hairy these days wouldn't last this long!

Oh also, another Captain Maxx Power duel! This time, he duels it out with foa. Who will make it out victorious and who will be lynched? The clock ticks. :hyper:

Freya
09-12-2007, 10:58 PM
I flipped a coin this morning. I honestly don't know who to vote for and it's a bad way of doing things, I know. It was between foa and Lekana (because of the three still living people mentioned by Radje). Coin said foa D= *vote*

Damn I so doubt myself >.> funny thing is replace me with faris and you got my suspicions.

Flying Mullet
09-12-2007, 10:58 PM
Anyway, I suggest you base your vote on something else.
Like what I see in those smoky Norwegian eyes?

Jessweeee♪
09-12-2007, 11:07 PM
HAHAHAHA I love being in the know :mwahaha:

Freya
09-12-2007, 11:15 PM
Er you know i don't think i'll go for foa. I think i'm gonna go for faris. I just have a feeling. Can't explain it. plus i'm too lazy to write out a big long thing. And laziness will prolly be the death of me.

Sergeant Hartman
09-12-2007, 11:19 PM
I think i'm gonna go for faris.
I was gonna go for Faris!

Wait, I still am, foa is pretty convincing though however I am still suspicious.

Freya
09-12-2007, 11:23 PM
I think i'm gonna go for faris.
I was gonna go for Faris!

Wait, I still am, foa is pretty convincing though however I am still suspicious.
Copy cat.

fire_of_avalon
09-13-2007, 12:36 AM
I spent all morning going over all of this, y'all. It's the only thing that makes sense to me at all.

Faris
09-13-2007, 02:15 AM
Damn I so doubt myself >.> funny thing is replace me with faris and you got my suspicions.

Some sort of love triangle going on here :hyper:

Freya
09-13-2007, 02:20 AM

Yeah you'd like that kind of action huh?:jokey:

Rengori
09-13-2007, 02:25 AM

Yeah you'd like that kind of action huh?:jokey:

wutd i miss

Freya
09-13-2007, 02:30 AM
Faris wants me and foa, and is prepared for that action it comes with.

Faris
09-13-2007, 02:37 AM
:love:

fire_of_avalon
09-13-2007, 02:39 AM
Only if Faris wears that sumo suit.

Freya
09-13-2007, 02:46 AM
Only if Faris wears that sumo suit.

Whoa foa you're into roleplaying too?! I mean I know you're playing the role of a mafia member or a citizen right now but damn really?

fire_of_avalon
09-13-2007, 02:52 AM
xD

Faris
09-13-2007, 02:53 AM
I say! Why don't we three go to a bar or something and, you know, drink?

Psychotic
09-13-2007, 02:57 AM
Ashley-Megan-Kaycee threesome? Jesus motherfucking christ that would be one of the most awesome things ever seen.

Anyway, carry on.

Freya
09-13-2007, 02:58 AM
I say! Why don't we three go to a bar or something and, you know, drink?

Oh yeah now that's a way to spend a night in this village, instead of finding out who's getting killed why don't we do a little bit of partying?

fire_of_avalon
09-13-2007, 05:16 AM
I'm down.

Rengori
09-13-2007, 05:19 AM
pix or it only happened in our minds

Levian
09-13-2007, 08:24 AM
* Captain Maxx Power - foa
* Faris - foa
* fire_of_avalon - Maxx
* Flying Mullet - Maxx
* I Took the Red Pill - foa
* Lekana - Faris
* Sergeant Hartman - Faris
* Shauna - Maxx

Everyone has voted, so this day will last 24 hours, and there will be no replacements.

However, there is a tie. If there's still a tie when the 24 hours are up, we will move on to a sudden death round. Let's pretend 24 hours are up and use our current voting as an example: foa and Maxx are tied. Everyone who voted for foa and Maxx can't change their votes, meaning the only ones who can change their votes are the ones who voted for Faris. The first vote that is cast, is the deciding vote. If, say, Lekana changes her vote to foa/Maxx, then foa/Maxx is dead.

But there's still quite a few hours left to change votes, so maybe we won't have a tie at all!

Sergeant Hartman
09-13-2007, 10:46 AM
What if me and Lekana vote differently?

Loony BoB
09-13-2007, 10:49 AM
Whichever vote comes in first, is the deciding vote, from what I've gathered.

Sergeant Hartman
09-13-2007, 10:52 AM
*waits for Lekana*

Loony BoB
09-13-2007, 10:59 AM
Can't decide on your own? :p

EDIT: Odd to wait for someone who, according to the cop, is still a suspect to be a mafia!

Levian
09-13-2007, 11:27 AM
Loony BoB gathered correct, but that's only the case in sudden death rounds. We're not in a sudden death round now (24 hours haven't passed yet).

Loony BoB
09-13-2007, 11:33 AM
Oh I see!

EDIT: 24 hours is a long time for sudden death and seems likely to slow the game down again. :( You should move to sudden death immediately!

Levian
09-13-2007, 12:02 PM
Only 5 hours left of the day, BoBBo. And it's not certain a sudden death round will be necessary, 'cause the people who voted for foa and maxx can also still change their votes.

Loony BoB
09-13-2007, 01:29 PM
Ohh, I misread what you said as that you'll be extending the time by 24 hours.

Levian
09-13-2007, 06:30 PM
Sudden Death Round

The first of Lekana and Sergeant Hartman to vote decides who is lynched. Will it be Maxx or foa? Let's find out!¡

Shiny
09-13-2007, 06:31 PM
:hyper: What's going to happen?

Sergeant Hartman
09-13-2007, 06:45 PM
*dives out the window*

Captain Maxx Power
09-13-2007, 07:00 PM
Urp, why do I end up being the centre of attention everytime?

Sergeant Hartman
09-13-2007, 07:08 PM
Ya'll better convince us why you ain't mafia :hat:

Freya
09-13-2007, 08:59 PM
OH my feeling the pressure!

oddler
09-13-2007, 09:05 PM
*turns over in his grave

Freya
09-13-2007, 09:10 PM
We've (me and Sergeant Hartman) decicded foa. Sorry babe, You weren't a good enough partier.

Sergeant Hartman
09-13-2007, 09:11 PM
:monster:

Psychotic
09-13-2007, 09:54 PM
Now that the voting is over and done with, let's have a zombie rave party for us dead 'uns until 'mean' Gene Levian comes back to tell us what foa was.

Levian
09-13-2007, 10:15 PM
I'll let foa herself tell you what she was.

Psychotic
09-13-2007, 10:16 PM
This is highly irregular!

Levian
09-13-2007, 10:18 PM
That's what they said at your birth

Psychotic
09-13-2007, 10:19 PM
Probably, 'cause the first thing I did upon being born was to take a well-aimed piss at the doctor.

Flying Mullet
09-13-2007, 10:20 PM
That's what they said at your birth
http://www.stageleft.info/blog-images/kelso_burn.gif

Sergeant Hartman
09-13-2007, 10:20 PM
Fail!

Levian
09-13-2007, 10:21 PM
Probably, 'cause the first thing I did upon being born was to take a well-aimed piss at the doctor.

Poor übel

Sergeant Hartman
09-13-2007, 10:32 PM
http://www.britsuperstore.com/acatalog/Heinz_Baked_Bean_In_Tomato_Sauce_415g.jpg

Spill them!

Freya
09-13-2007, 10:34 PM
I'ma cry levian.

oddler
09-13-2007, 10:36 PM
The girl who cried Levian.

They have that in the library of Hades.

Jessweeee♪
09-13-2007, 11:16 PM
WOO!!! ZOMBIE PARTY!

McLovin'
09-13-2007, 11:17 PM
yar!

fire_of_avalon
09-13-2007, 11:42 PM
I ran your worlds for a brief while. Isn't it terrible you were sent all a twitter, killing your comrades over little old me? I think Dan probably said it best when I started putting these plans into motion. Something to the tune of "Seriously. I am glad I'm on your side."

There's evil dwelling inside all person's hearts. It's only a matter of time before someone else decides that killing is the way to go and they have all of you confused and just as murderous as they themselves. We mafia may have lost the game, but I would think that the fear and suspicion we placed in all of your hearts is victory enough for us. You're killing me, but I've already dominated each of you in some way.

I'm ready to meet my maker. :)

Sergeant Hartman
09-13-2007, 11:45 PM
Hook, line, and sinker.

Resha
09-13-2007, 11:50 PM
Why are the Mafia all so fanatic? :p

Freya
09-13-2007, 11:50 PM
See told you I wasn't a baddie.

Flying Mullet
09-13-2007, 11:52 PM
So who was the mafia boss?

Shiny
09-13-2007, 11:54 PM
We win.

Rengori
09-13-2007, 11:55 PM
Oh, okay.

Freya
09-13-2007, 11:57 PM
what do we win? Theres got to be something.

Shiny
09-13-2007, 11:57 PM
Yeah. *shrugs*

Screw you, Magus!

A lap dance from foa.

Rengori
09-13-2007, 11:59 PM
A lap dance from foa.
I knew this thread would pay off!

fire_of_avalon
09-14-2007, 12:01 AM

I am, you dope!

EDIT: I never agreed to no lapdances.

Psychotic
09-14-2007, 12:01 AM
So who was the mafia boss?foa was.

I think the mafia played a perfect game until Dan was suspected. Manus's vote change and then the murder of Resha sealed his death ('cause Resha did the same thing that Manus did), KH-Cloudy got himself lynched by charging to Dan's aid having read his PM and not the thread, and foa was on borrowed time ever since her crazed defence of the man.

Jessweeee♪
09-14-2007, 12:02 AM

IT WAS ME!

:mwahaha:

Not really ; ;

Flying Mullet
09-14-2007, 12:03 AM
I still think Lev paused the game because having foa lynched by the only vote would have been anti-climatic.

Shiny
09-14-2007, 12:03 AM

I am, you dope!

No one said your consciousness would be involved.

KH-Cloudy
09-14-2007, 12:04 AM
Yes, foolish me. Reading PMs instead of threads. But I'll do better next time, if there is one :P

Jessweeee♪
09-14-2007, 12:05 AM
OOOOH NEXT ROUND NEXT ROUND!!!!

Why did I have to go on that trip? That seems to be when everything fell apart x.x

Rengori
09-14-2007, 12:06 AM

Read the fine print

Freya
09-14-2007, 12:07 AM
I want a title.... mafia master

Miriel
09-14-2007, 12:08 AM
I think Levia is all tuckered out from this round of Mafia. Next one might not immediately follow this one.

I Took the Red Pill
09-14-2007, 12:08 AM
hay sup guyz I was the other cop :monster:

Sergeant Hartman
09-14-2007, 12:10 AM
We need a lovely little story to conclude now :p

Jessweeee♪
09-14-2007, 12:11 AM
I think Levia is all tuckered out from this round of Mafia. Next one might not immediately follow this one.

Someone else do it, then, I wanna play noooouuuu!!!!!!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
*tantrum*

KH-Cloudy
09-14-2007, 12:14 AM
Going to be in about three weeks, maybe? or Shorter for you Mafia-Killers...

oddler
09-14-2007, 12:16 AM
This is glorious news.

Faris
09-14-2007, 12:16 AM
We need a lovely little story to conclude now :p

Make Levian do it.

Shauna
09-14-2007, 12:24 AM
Yay! We win! Are all the survivors up for a drink down at the local pub? B)

fire_of_avalon
09-14-2007, 12:25 AM
Yeah, Lev definitely needs to come wrap up my public execution.

But man. All I wanted was for Maxx to get lynched. One last hurrah from me. I came close, though.

EDIT: Also, someone needs to make me a sexy Mafia Mama sig/av combo. Cause I'm hot.

Shauna
09-14-2007, 12:27 AM
If he did get lynched, you'd be gone the next time round. xD But, I guess two less citizens is a win! :P

Miriel
09-14-2007, 12:30 AM

Someone else do it, then, I wanna play noooouuuu!!!!!!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
*tantrum*

Plus, Levia has some new stuff planned for the next round. I think it'll be worth the wait.

fire_of_avalon
09-14-2007, 12:33 AM
Levian runs this game. We do what he says when he says.

Captain Maxx Power
09-14-2007, 01:24 AM
Alright now can you all PLEASE give me some credit for pretty much almost winning the game single-handedly...sort of. :D I was so indignant that I got constantly accused all the time, and was one of the few players to instigate lynchings against the first bout of the Mafiosa. Now perhaps you all see that I truly had all your best interests in mind.

But man. All I wanted was for Maxx to get lynched. One last hurrah from me. I came close, though.

Close, but no cigar pet. What can I say; don't mess with the Cap'n :cool:

For those who care here are my top rules for playing Mafia, gained from years of experience.

1 - Try to keep as quiet as possible. Whatever you do don't over analyse; if you're a citizen or Mafia it's a surefire way to get noticed, hence why I immediately homed in on foa due to her lengthy exposition.
2 - Respond directly to accusations against you, but be as neutral as possible. If the person accusing you hasn't been voted for or you haven't voted for them resist the temptation to point out why they are Mafia. Players will see this as an attempt by you to divert attention from yourself.
3 - Always have a reason for selecting a person, even if it's something benign like "they're not saying much". Having any reason to lynch someone is better than having none; it reduces suspicion against you and makes it more likely you'll score a decent hit
4 - Observe as much as possible. With something such as this it was even easier than normal Mafia playing since I could go back over everything that had been said. Be on the look out for patterns of voting between different people, behaviour that seems designed to be overly innocent (remember the silence rule if you want to avoid this being placed on you) or over analytical people
5 - If you play well enough eventually you'll be made a target. You have little choice over whether or not you're killed during the night. If you do get targetted and the votes are going against you, remind the remaining players that your death will prove you're a citizen, and that anyone who voted for you is most likely a Mafia
6 - Be semi-serious and try not to goof about too much. A common Mafia tactic is to appear friendly and playful, thusly reducing suspicion on them. Long-term players usually pick up on this, but the same scenario can work against you if you try to be friendly. Be distant, but be involved.
7 - Trust absolutely no one. Assume EVERYONE is Mafia until proven otherwise. No pacts, promises, whispered secrets, cabals, passed notes or anything that seems to be working in your favour should be taken as such. Just because a favour is passed your way doesn't mean you have to pay it back. True citizens won't be non-plussed by not being "saved" by a player they helped since the role of citizens is to root out the Mafia, not save each other's hides, especially since it's impossible for citizens to know who each other are. The Mafia, naturally, do not have this disability, hence why protection pacts tend to pop up amongst them more often (note my point about observing).

There's also a whole bunch of poker-face-esque tricks that don't really apply here since we're not talking and we can't see each other talking.

Freya
09-14-2007, 01:59 AM
Yeah me and the Sergeant had a msn convo clearing you maxx. we thought long and hard.. okay it was more like, foa is suspicious. yeah but maxx is a little too, well he's a captain, yeah lets go for foa. OKAY!

Del Murder
09-14-2007, 02:22 AM
EDIT: Also, someone needs to make me a sexy Mafia Mama sig/av combo. Cause I'm hot.
Like this one?

Psychotic
09-14-2007, 02:24 AM
Try to keep as quiet as possible.
Always have a reason for selecting a person, even if it's something benign like "they're not saying much":confused:

Del Murder
09-14-2007, 02:27 AM
Also, I forgot to say congrats to all of us citizens on the win! foa did a damn fine job though.

fire_of_avalon
09-14-2007, 03:02 AM
Haha, I was thinking something a little more Vito and a little less Sonny, but something like that.

Also, congratulations for getting me!

Levian
09-14-2007, 08:29 AM
Yupyup, foa was the friggen Godmama.

Final score:

* Captain Maxx Power - WINNER
* Del Murder - Lynched, Day 3
* demondude55 - Lynched, Day 1.
* DK - Lynched, Day 4 MAFIA
* Faris - WINNER
* fire_of_avalon - Lynched, Day 8 MAFIA GODMOTHER
* Flying Mullet - WINNER
* I Took the Red Pill - WINNER COP
* KH-Cloudy - Lynched, Day 6 MAFIA
* Jessweeee♪ - Killed in an abandoned mental hospital, Day 4.
* Lekana - WINNER
* Magus of Zeal - Lynched, Day 2 WINNER (Jester)
* Miriel - Impaled by a camera lens, Night 1
* oddler - Killed by eels in his bathtub, Night 2
* Old Manus - Lynched, Day 5 MAFIA
* Psychotic - Killed by a chainsaw, Day 2
* Radje - Killed by global warming, Night 7 COP
* Rengori - Lynched, Day 7
* Resha - Shot, Night 4
* Sergeant Hartman - WINNER
* Shauna - WINNER
* Shiny - Decapitated, Night 6
* The Fonz - Exploded, Day 4
* The Summoner of Leviathan - Run over by a car, Night 5
* Übel - Killed by a bear trap, Night 3 DOCTOR

So yeah, a big congratulations to:

Captain Maxx Power, Faris, Shauna, Sgt. Hartman, Lekana, Flying Mullet and I Took the Red Pill, for cracking the case. Also congratulations to the Jester, Magus of Zeal, for getting himself lynched.

Also an applaud to our evil masters, the mafia: Jessweeee, foa, Old Manus, DK and KH-Cloudy! Here's the mafia discussion forum if anyone should be interested: Mafiaz (http://z3.invisionfree.com/mafiaz/index.php?act=idx) It started up on Day 3, so it's not complete.

Been a nice round all, and I hope to see you for the next round of Mafia. Which is pretty much already planned out. ;)

Now I want yer all opinions of this game, so if you would plz fill out these questions, so the next round can be even better:

1. What could've been done better? Is 24 hours for Days ok? How long should nights last? How many players? Voting? etc?
2. What worked well?
3. When should the next round of Mafia start up?
4. Anything else?

I'm thinking at least 2 weeks, maybe a month, for the third question. It's a fun game, but wouldn't want the players to get tired of it.

Loony BoB
09-14-2007, 09:28 AM
First of all *claps* This was awesome to watch as an almost-full-time spectator.

I think I've already given all the thoughts I've had throughout the thread. As for how soon... at least a month, I'd say. Treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen.

Old Manus
09-14-2007, 09:44 AM
1 - Try to keep as quiet as possible.

*insert about 1000 words of text*

Loony BoB
09-14-2007, 09:58 AM
Yeah, I was a bit confused after reading that, too. xD

Captain Maxx Power
09-14-2007, 10:14 AM
First of all that was an explanation about the game. Since the game is over I'm not going to follow my own rules right now am I guys? Use a bit of sense would ya? :rolleyes2 Secondly I said to keep as quiet as possible. Not saying a word is out of the question, but don't go overboard like foa did, which in this case was probably the thing that got her killed off. Generally speaking I tried to keep my chatter down to lynch voting /w explanation, rebuttals against accusations directed at me and general silly comments during the Night phase :cool:

Also I'm having a blast reading through the Mafia forum. You REALLY had it out for me and Radje! :O For the record is there a reason why I wasn't targeted for a night-time killing? What was the logic behind the killings?

Levian
09-14-2007, 10:41 AM
Also I'm having a blast reading through the Mafia forum. You REALLY had it out for me and Radje! :O For the record is there a reason why I wasn't targeted for a night-time killing? What was the logic behind the killings?

btw:

gawd the teeth = foa
Drugis = DK
Kikazu = KH-Cloudy
Judith = Old Manus
Elizabeth Hornswoggle = me

The Mafia forum was invisible to guests and regular members, but I've made it visible to all.

Resha
09-14-2007, 10:55 AM
Anyways, regardless of anything, Resha dies tonight.

oh foozers :cry: so cold, so cruel.

Radje
09-14-2007, 01:06 PM
Heh, that mafia thread was a great laugh to read. Well done everyone that was exceptionally played. Such a great thread.

It was really hard for Keith and I to sway your votes! A lot of fun trying to convince you we were cops one at a time covertly though I must say. How many people did we get on team by the end?

Shauna
09-14-2007, 02:14 PM
This was great. But, next time this comes up, I'll probably not play. Let others have a game. xD

Yes, well done everyone. =D

fire_of_avalon
09-14-2007, 03:38 PM
Maxx says I was too talky, but I had to be talky. Dan was highly involved in many of my early decisions. Jessweee and Manus not so much, because they kept running away. I had to do everything I could to save him. I ran y'all on for a while practically by myself, though. xD I feel sorry that KH Cloudy didn't get a whole lot of input before you lynched him. Mean old townies.

Resha
09-14-2007, 04:13 PM
It was so hugely fun, Lev :) Thank you so much. I seriously got so into it at times 'twas crazy.

Del Murder
09-14-2007, 05:28 PM
Hey, when the mafia dies all the towns people win. Even the dead ones. :mad2:

oddler
09-14-2007, 05:46 PM
( Raise ) ( Please )

This was indeed entertaining. :up:

Flying Mullet
09-14-2007, 05:58 PM
Yeah, this was fun. I look forward to the next one. :)

Shauna
09-14-2007, 06:03 PM
Hey, when the mafia dies all the towns people win. Even the dead ones. :mad2:

How can dead people win?

edczxcvbnm
09-14-2007, 06:29 PM
* 1. What could've been done better? Is 24 hours for Days ok? How long should nights last? How many players? Voting? etc?

I think it all went fine.

* 3. When should the next round of Mafia start up? Give it a few weeks. No sense in over killing this fun game.

* 4. Anything else? I would like to play next time. This looked fun.

Shiny
09-14-2007, 06:39 PM
And I did tell Psychotic biggrin.gif he figured out who you all were except you, so I just told him. I told Miriel too, and I kinda regret I told anyone at all. I won't tell anyone else outside the game anything tongue.gif We can trust Psy and Miriel to not tell anyone though. Rofl. Miriel told me after I died. Then I told Radje, Resha, and Magus when they were dead. :monster:

1. What could've been done better? Is 24 hours for Days ok? How long should nights last? How many players? Voting? etc?
2. What worked well?
4. Anything else?

1. Shorter days definitely. The nights were alright for the most part, but the days were sometimes too long.
2. The cops PMing certain members certaintely went well because if they would have told everyone who they were in the thread publicly they would have been offed right away. Also, they helped us catch the first mafioso, DK. And it all went uphill from there.
3. Um, I dunno. Hopefully a week when I'm available. So basically...middle of October.
4. You smell like molding cheese.

I Took the Red Pill
09-14-2007, 07:57 PM
It was loads of fun, and Radje was awesome to work with :monster:

Flying Mullet
09-14-2007, 07:59 PM
So who was good cop and who was bad cop?

Radje
09-14-2007, 10:01 PM
Haha thanks Keith, you were just as good. Looks like we did our job right!

I'm too strikingly feminine to be an effective bad cop.

Psychotic
09-14-2007, 10:11 PM
Is it true that Levian asked BoB to be a stand-in doctor on the first night 'cause Ubel didn't show, and he chose to protect Jesweeeeeeeeeeee?

'cause if so, BoB, you are a prize ponce :laugh:

Levian
09-14-2007, 10:35 PM
Gawd, Miriel is such a blabbermouth.

Yeah, it's true. :D

StarlightAngel
09-14-2007, 11:39 PM
I've been watching since pretty much the beginning =X Wow, foa, you really had me convinced! Though, I've not played many mafia games, so =P

I'd like to join in next time, but I don't think I'd be able to post much due to restrictions on Internet. Le sigh~

Miriel
09-14-2007, 11:41 PM
Gawd, Miriel is such a blabbermouth.

Yeah, it's true. :D

Hey, I never told anyone who was still in the game. Dead people have a right to become omniscient after their death.

Is it true that Levian asked BoB to be a stand-in doctor on the first night 'cause Ubel didn't show, and he chose to protect Jesweeeeeeeeeeee?

Yeah, when Levia told me that, I was totally omgwtf at BoB. That's the night I died. :mad2:

Jessweeee♪
09-14-2007, 11:54 PM

Thanks, BoB n.n

ANYWAYS~

I think anywhere from 18-24 is good...or if everyone does their duty before then we could move on sooner, same for nights :P
I think it was just fine the way we did it, BUT MORE ROLES!!!!

2. What worked well?

Everything was perfect!
...'cept for me going hiking, that was not at all perfect >:[

ASAP

4. Anything else?

More roles! Paranoid gun-holder-dude and Bomb look interesting n.n

Del Murder
09-15-2007, 01:54 AM
The length of the days is not a problem.

If the cops are allowed to contact people privately then I think it gives too much power to the citizen team. But the role of godfather does give a lot of power to the mafia team. Maybe it's balanced the way it is.

Miriel
09-15-2007, 02:28 AM
I think there was a loooot of information that was left out of this thread that should have been in this thread. For example:

We've (me and Sergeant Hartman) decicded foa. Sorry babe, You weren't a good enough partier.

Ok. That kind of discussion, on who should be lynched, who shouldn't be, all that sort of stuff should happen in this thread. Or at the very least, post the discussion on how you reached that decision outside the thread, in the thread. I mean, c'mon now.

If you're gonna have little groups of citizens form alliances, tell each other information that the rest of the citizens don't know about, make decisions about who to lynch and why, all of this happening outside the game, then you're not playing Mafia anymore. That's more like... Murder Mystery smashed in with Survivor.

Mafia is a game designed for people to analyze what's being said by every person playing the game. Why is someone saying that? What are their reasons? Who defended who the last time around? Why did this person vote the same as this other person? It's a psychological game. Can't really do that when a lot of the discussions are happening where citizens don't have access to them.

I'm not saying that it's bad. It worked out great for this game, and everyone had fun and the whole game was a success and Mafia (especially that scumbag foa) were defeated. But you're not technically playing Mafia.

Loony BoB
09-15-2007, 08:52 AM
I imagine that the mafia team has a lot of power because, you know, they can guarantee to kill off a citizen every night and also influence the killing during the day. I'd say that balances out the "background discussions" - and DK made a great example of how the mafia can exploit such things anyway.

I just don't get the big problem on that end of things, really, but then again there were a lot less mafia than I thought there would have been, too.

Miriel
09-15-2007, 10:12 AM
I imagine that the mafia team has a lot of power because, you know, they can guarantee to kill off a citizen every night and also influence the killing during the day. I'd say that balances out the "background discussions" - and DK made a great example of how the mafia can exploit such things anyway.

I just don't get the big problem on that end of things, really, but then again there were a lot less mafia than I thought there would have been, too.
The "background discussion" aren't a problem and it has nothing to do with balancing out power. It's all about what kind of game you're playing. Exclusionary discussions happening outside the game, little mini alliances that vote together, etc = survivor type game. Discussions laid out for everyone to mull over and analyze = Mafia. There's nothing wrong with it, it's just not what Mafia is all about. But hey, everyone can play the game whichever way they want to. But that's kind of like playin Monopoly without getting 200 monopoly money after passing Go. It's just not the same kind of game anymore. :greenie:

Loony BoB
09-15-2007, 10:45 AM
Ah, okay. I dunno then! I guess I thought this was like Survivor but with the difference of, well, having cops, doctors, godfathers, jesters and mafia. Still more Mafia than Survivor, but obviously different to what you're used to so I'm okay with whatever gets decided.

Levian
09-15-2007, 03:28 PM
Maybe next time we should try the style with all discussion happening in the thread instead of discussion both inside and outside, that way we've tried both styles and will be able to pick a favorite for a third and future mafia games.

4. Anything else?

More roles! Paranoid gun-holder-dude and Bomb look interesting n.n

Yup, there's gonna be more roles next time. We'll link to the site with all the role descriptions and say that any role in there might be in use in our game, but exactly which roles we're using will be a secret. Mafia(s), cop(s), doctor(s) and godfather(s) are givens, though.

Timster
09-15-2007, 03:37 PM
hi ummm... if there's a new round anytime soon, can anyone join in? because if that's the case I would really like to join :D:D:D