PDA

View Full Version : Your Alias

Lasher
09-04-2007, 01:37 PM
There's a lot of members on this forum, probably more than any of the current ones i visit and yet all of your names you use seem 10x better here. lol. I think this one has more adults or mature people compared to a few i've been to, then again. Or maybe i just haven't been around long enough to take notice of any major faults? But who cares it Eoff :) I always liked it here.

So where exactly did you guys get the idea for your names? :confused:

Oh and i hope i'm not breaking another rule. I need to find those around here so i'm not clueless. lol. Sorry.

The Mog Ninja
09-04-2007, 01:40 PM
I just finished KH2 and I was still on a buzz, so heres my name. I'm thinking of changing it to The Mog Ninja soon though.

scrumpleberry
09-04-2007, 01:41 PM
A friend called me it once in a fit of randomness and I started using it on the interwebz. It stuck.

Lasher
09-04-2007, 01:51 PM
Ah, i see. They make sense though. Most people just do something random with no story behind it. I saw a guy on here who's username is "o_0" lol. That's different ^_^

I've had 3 so far. When i first joined Eoff years and years ago (i beat that thread that talks about the old crew from 03-04 :P ) i was known as Ayame. Then i left, came back and couldn't remember my info so i signed up as GenesisEve. Then i left and forgot my info again so i currently joined up as Lasher of course. Looney joined the two accounts for me though. Isn't he sweet.

GenesisEve is he name of my domain, site and my own personal Forums. I've been using the alias for years now. Lasher is the name of my families domain and server. I've always liked it and used it as my alias for artwork. Cause i hate signing my real name, meh. Lasher's my favorite.

Faris
09-04-2007, 01:56 PM
FFV

Bunny
09-04-2007, 02:00 PM
I hate Bunnies.

demondude
09-04-2007, 02:42 PM
Because I'm devil ma-

Because its cool. :shifty:

41-Inches-Wide
09-04-2007, 02:47 PM
Well mine's not from a plasma screen TV i can tell you that much. :3

Rengori
09-04-2007, 03:11 PM
Some character I made a long time ago, he's in like half of my signatures, it's that dude with the black cloak and the black mage hat.

It works.

final fantasy is stinky
09-04-2007, 03:20 PM
I don't know where my name came from...;)

Cookie
09-04-2007, 03:23 PM
/me arrives. Oh wait, not chat. :[

Gennosuke
09-04-2007, 03:48 PM
I'm reading the novel to the manga, Basilisk, so i used the main characters name :tongue:

Albel
09-04-2007, 04:07 PM
I was playing alot of Star Ocean 3 at the time and Albel is just really cool.

Hazzard
09-04-2007, 04:13 PM
It's sort of like a self-made street name. Funny, isn't it.

escobert
09-04-2007, 04:14 PM
I have no idea. noone really calls me Bert anymore irl. they all yell NAS NAS NAS NAS NAS 4345 million times as I walk down the street.

Baloki
09-04-2007, 04:24 PM
I chose Loony BoB because my names Daniel and I'm a bit of a loon, also I wanted to be special so I complain at people until they double capitilise my name...

Oh shii...

...Wrong account

snacks
09-04-2007, 04:31 PM
My real name is in fact Scott, and well I use to spell it purposely on writings and things as Skott. Thus brought about Skt. It use to be shawynie and I honestly have no idea what I was thinking with that one.

Lynx
09-04-2007, 04:38 PM
i draw a lot and i needed a name for a character i drew somewheres around 7 years ago and bam lynx was born. then it started getting used as my alter ego.

Jess
09-04-2007, 05:07 PM
My name is just...my name. :jess:

Ouch!
09-04-2007, 06:46 PM
I saw a picture of Asuka kicking Shinji in the testicles, hence the Ouch! (never forget the exclamation point). Yup. Zaphier was something my friend came up with.

Polaris
09-04-2007, 06:48 PM
Owen Macwere used to call me this ^^" Actually another username I have on foruns such as Porcelain Doll and Ani bunny were names that he used to call me ^^ so yeah I got my username there and I won't swtich it again!

Quindiana Jones
09-04-2007, 07:09 PM
I've already posted a long-winded and exaggerated reason for my name.

But I'm gonna do it again.

My original name (Pure Quin14), has a stupid story. One into which I shall not divulge. Quin 'n' Tonic, however, was one of my fantastic dream ideas. I'm quite partial to gin (GIN. GIN. GIN. GIN. GIN. GIN.), and have discovered that, when mixed with a beverage known as "tonic water", it can become half of a very nice drink. But Gin and tonic wouldn't be very "me", so I replaced the word gin with Quin, due to the fact that they rhyme. I'm a big fan of rhymes. And then shortened the word And into 'n', for the purpose of sounding cooler. So basically, my name was made to be funny and cool.

Needless to say, it failed.

White_Dove15445
09-04-2007, 07:13 PM
I love doves and white ones specially, the number 15445 is a year in one of my stories, long locked away and forgotten. I just chose this name cause it sounds romantic, no? ^^"

Vikeve
09-04-2007, 07:25 PM
My username is nothing but me mixing up a bunch of letters together. So it looks col when you read it but I don't know how to pronounce it and now I've grown emotionaly attatched to this name so I haven't changed it.

Quindiana Jones
09-04-2007, 07:27 PM
Vick-eeeeev.

cloud21zidane16
09-04-2007, 07:38 PM
i didnt know if id be coming here very often so i chose something i could remember, FF7 Cloud is 21 years old and FF9 Zidane is 16 years old:) makes sense:D

BardTard
09-04-2007, 07:39 PM
Dirty.

A long time ago I was at my friend's house and she made an account on another forum and we looked up random words and their meanings, and we came to find a sexual meaning to the word whiffle. So her username was whiffle_me69 and I'm Whiffles. :D

cloud21zidane16
09-04-2007, 07:42 PM
Dirty.

A long time ago I was at my friend's house and she made an account on another forum and we looked up random words and their meanings, and we came to find a sexual meaning to the word whiffle. So her username was whiffle_me69 and I'm Whiffles. :D

:p LMAO:p

Madame Adequate
09-04-2007, 07:47 PM
I was watching Futurama and thought of the phrase "I'm my own grandpa", which I modified for greater lulz.

Radje
09-04-2007, 10:06 PM
Mine is short for "Radjamaki" which is a name suggested to me to make Cloud sound bad-ass in my first ever play through of my first ever Final Fantasy. Since then it stuck and I oft shorten it to Radje to make it easier to say and easier for others to spell.

I discovered a note I left for myself ages ago in the cover of a book that I had forgotten to read and it said "From James (Radje) age 13..." So it's been my online Alias since that age at least, though I think it was 12.

Shauna
09-04-2007, 10:12 PM
I love doves and white ones specially, the number 15445 is a year in one of my stories, long locked away and forgotten. I just chose this name cause it sounds romantic, no? ^^"

All doves are white. Because doves are white pigeons! ;)

And Shauna just happens to be my name. My previous screen name though, yuna_elena... Well, we are all fangirls at one point, right? :D ...:(

Ramza Beoulve
09-04-2007, 10:15 PM
Well, when I started here, my Alias was shadowcrono, it was my alias during some time IRL, but here I was completely ignored then. Later, I changed my nick because I love FFT, and I was planing to change it after a month or two, but it stuck.

Tallulah
09-04-2007, 10:18 PM
It is one of my ex roomies' middle names. :)

bipper
09-04-2007, 10:24 PM
I was born with the name Bipper, actually. The whole GOES thing came about 17 years later. :mog:

Mogi
09-04-2007, 10:28 PM
It came to me in a dream. Wait, how did I think of this?
:O

Meat Puppet
09-04-2007, 10:34 PM
I got my alias from my father, and he got it from his father, and he traded a mule for it! And that mule went on to save Spring Break!

Croyles
09-04-2007, 11:11 PM
I honestly dont remember where I got Croyles from. If someone else remembers for me please contant me! Croyles is my universal tag.

Goldenboko
09-04-2007, 11:13 PM
I'm a Golden Chocobo. I thought it was fairly obvious.

Radje
09-04-2007, 11:16 PM

May I use you in order to obtain higher class materia?

Goldenboko
09-04-2007, 11:19 PM

For a small fee of 1,000 GP yes. (10,000 GP on weekends.)

Thoughtless
09-04-2007, 11:29 PM
Mine is a Korn song :)

Radje
09-04-2007, 11:30 PM

For a small fee of 1,000 GP yes. (10,000 GP on weekends.)

Excuse me for a moment whilst I collect money from the mysterious secret man who appears near the save point in the Gold Saucer every once in a while play lots of games in order to pay your fee.

Værn
09-04-2007, 11:37 PM
I chose Vaern because when you search for it the first thing that comes up is this.
Kattens Værn (http://kattensvaern.dk/)
It looks like it's a Danish site about cats =D But I can't read it T_T

j/k, I found a completely random site where somebody had posted a bunch of stuff on the Elvish language. "Vaern" is a word used to describe somebody who practices magic.
The main other name I use is Vaernnond, which means "Necromancer." Vaern=Mage and Nond=Death, so Vaernnond translates more literally to "Mage of the Dead."

Old Manus
09-04-2007, 11:42 PM
ff babe was taken

The Unknown Guru
09-04-2007, 11:45 PM
I had just played Chrono Trigger about 5 times, and... uh... something or other made me think of this name.

bipper
09-04-2007, 11:50 PM
ff babe was taken

Ah. I figured it was a combination of dyslexia and the molding of your ass. Though FF Babe describes that scenario fairly well too.

Jessweeee♪
09-05-2007, 01:50 AM
My old name Jesse1 I used since I started using the internet. My uncle suggested it n.n

by fifteen I was tired of it, so I started a thread on here asking for ideas, and crop came up with Jessweeee then I added a note (it's fun to make people copy and paste it). I liked the name so much I use it almost everywhere now n.n

Goldenboko
09-05-2007, 02:07 AM
My old name Jesse1 I used since I started using the internet. My uncle suggested it n.n

by fifteen I was tired of it, so I started a thread on here asking for ideas, and crop came up with Jessweeee then I added a note (it's fun to make people copy and paste it). I liked the name so much I use it almost everywhere now n.n

You'll never make me copy and paste it :tongue:

Jessweeee♪
09-05-2007, 02:09 AM

You'll never make me copy and paste it :tongue:

I'll find a way :mad2:

Lawr
09-05-2007, 02:12 AM
Uuuuhhhh...

Freya
09-05-2007, 02:34 AM
I wanted "Kana", but I felt that was too generic so I added "Le" to it cause I love names that start with L.

The Summoner of Leviathan
09-05-2007, 02:45 AM
Leviathan is the best summon of all time. Summoners are an awesome class. When the two meet, so was my handle born. Notice, I am not any summoner, but The Summoner of Leviathan.

yanis
09-05-2007, 04:23 AM
That's my name, I ate the n!;)

Araciel
09-05-2007, 05:02 AM
dyslexia + lexicon

although soon after i changed it to dyslexicon i found out there's a book by the same name which is about how bush messes up his speeches etc...and so now i'm pissed.

Lasher
09-05-2007, 08:34 AM
I wanted "Kana", but I felt that was too generic so I added "Le" to it cause I love names that start with L.

My real name begins and ends with "L" :)

Wow, i certainly didn't expect to find this up to 4 pages so quickly. I like alot of the names on this site. Much better than most i've seen anywhere else. More unique i think.

The Mog Ninja
09-05-2007, 09:47 AM
Dirty.

Your story is 1337

Breine
09-05-2007, 11:47 AM
I chose Vaern because when you search for it the first thing that comes up is this.

Yep, Danish site about the protection of cats. I think it started as a society for protecting homeless cats.

And back on topic - My middle name is Breinholt and so "Breine" was my nickname in real-life for a time back when I joined this forum.

..and, it's not pronounced "Brain", but "Brei-neh" :P

Radje
09-05-2007, 11:56 AM

Yep, Danish site about the protection of cats. I think it started as a society for protecting homeless cats.

And back on topic - My middle name is Breinholt and so "Breine" was my nickname in real-life for a time back when I joined this forum.

I always thought you named yourself after the fat queen in FFIX, It was peculiar.

KentaRawr!
09-05-2007, 12:12 PM
I got my Username from my PSO character, and I got my PSO Character's name out of the FFX Credits.

Avarice-ness
09-05-2007, 01:29 PM
Well...

I was going to go with Greedy-ness, then I thought it sounded weird.
So then I was like "Avaricious.. Naaah" so then I was like "Hmm... =O AVARICE-NESS? YES!"

And that's how I came to be. :razz:

CloudSquallandZidane
09-05-2007, 02:27 PM
McDonalds...

Trust me it makes sense.

fredsanford
09-05-2007, 02:29 PM
I have a retro interest . I love old films , shows , comic books, songs...etc etc.

Breine
09-05-2007, 05:14 PM

I always thought you named yourself after the fat queen in FFIX, It was peculiar.

Haha xD Yeah, that would be really peculiar.

theundeadhero
09-05-2007, 05:39 PM
It sounded cool and I thought it would make people think I'm cool. I've met with some success, but very little.