PDA

View Full Version : The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

JKTrix
09-04-2007, 03:32 PM
I just saw a couple of new videos for the English versiosn of the game, and I'm excited for it all over again. Particularly the last part of this one (http://www.gamebrink.com/forums/user-news/17081-legend-zelda-phantom-hourglass-euro-gameplay.html). You're fighting a boss who becomes invisible, but you (somehow) actually see the boss' POV on the 2nd screen while he's invisible, and you aim your attacks accordingly. Wow!

This is the other video (http://www.gamebrink.com/forums/user-news/17082-legend-zelda-phantom-hourglass-english-gameplay.html) if you're interested.

Game's out on October 1 in the US, then a few weeks later in Europe and Australia. I played the Japanese version of this game, but I didn't get too far into it. Lookin' forward to this one.

Renmiri
09-04-2007, 07:20 PM
Yeah, me too! Me and my kids are Zelda maniacs and Wind Waker was one of our favorites :love:

Roto13
09-05-2007, 03:16 AM
October 1st? Wow, awesome. I can't wait!

Necronopticous
09-05-2007, 03:23 AM
I played an hour or two of the Japanese version when it first came out and I was extremely unimpressed. Being forced to use the touch screen to move is annoying and gets tiring. Also, killing enemies seems like a complete joke since you just touch them with your stylus and they die. I'll give it another shot when it comes out, stateside, though. I really want it to be good.

Fonzie
09-05-2007, 03:29 AM
Oh, I'm going to get this. :D

XxSephirothxX
09-05-2007, 03:39 AM
I've been pretty skeptical of the touch screen control idea, but every experience I've read about except Necro's has been overwhelmingly positive. And considering how much I love Twilight Princess on the Wii (and I was worried about that), I think Phantom Hourglass will be great. Bring on the Zelda love.

The Mog Ninja
09-05-2007, 11:06 AM
Touch Screen r bad :(

JKTrix
09-05-2007, 01:15 PM
Touch Screen is Good. I played it for more than an hour and didn't have any problem. Though I had played Animal Crossing DS for quite a bit a while ago and got used to that method of control. It's true that early enemies can be killed with just a 'touch' (when you touch an enemy you do the leaping slash, strongest normal attack next to the spin), but naturally they get stronger and more strategic later. The only enemies in the first area are bats and rats and other small creatures.

I stopped playing the JP version because at the time I got to some puzzles I couldn't figure out. This was on the 2nd island you visit or something.

I did get a chance to try the Multiplayer though, through download play with a friend. It's actually really neat. It's like a cross between Pac-Man and Capture the Flag. One player is Link/Pac Man, while the other controls the 3 enemy Knights who are like the Pac Man Ghosts. (I'd imagine if you link 4 people together, 3 individuals would control each Knight)

There are big and small pieces of Triforce scattered around the map (you can see where they are on the top screen), and you get more points for 'capturing' the larger pieces. To capture them you have to pick them up, then drop/throw them in your highlighted 'Home' areas without being caught. Larger Triforce pieces make you walk slower, making you an easier target. There are various 'Zelda Items' around the stage as well. The Running Boots is the one I can remember (excuse my lack of Zelda lexicon), which allows you to dash. This works if you are holding the large Triforce as well, but naturally you can't change direction very easily so if you run into a wall, you drop the Triforce and are stunned for a second. Or you could run right into a Knight, thus ending your turn.

The way you control the Knights is entirely with the touch screen. For the Knights, the map is on the bottom screen and you draw a path on it to travel (You control each Knight individually). Once they get there they will stay there, unless Link crosses their vision area. I believe Knights can also utilize the 'Zelda Items' on the map to either aid in catching Link or prevent him from picking them up. Knights cannot enter any of Link's 'Home' areas, so if Link is running from a Knight he is safe in those areas. Naturally if he stays there too long, the 3 knights can surround him, making it impossible to escape. There's a timer on the rounds, so one can't stay in the Safe area for too long (or collect all the Triforce on the map).

Once Link is captured or the timer runs out, the turns switch. He who was controlling the 3 Knights now controls Link, and vice-versa. The objective is to see who can score the most points at the end of a certain number of rounds that you choose beforehand. It's lots of fun. I played about 3 entire games with a friend while waiting in the theatre to watch Transformers.

Renmiri
09-05-2007, 07:06 PM
I used touch screen on Revenant Wings and it works fine. I hope PHG is similar :D

Necronopticous
09-05-2007, 07:21 PM
One player is Link/Pac Man, while the other controls the 3 enemy Knights who are like the Pac Man Ghosts.Ghosts!?

Dragonsoul
09-05-2007, 11:30 PM
It's one of the very best rpg's coming out this fall that I am not getting. I am only getting Lost Odyssey and Mass Effect. I don't have enough time and money to get everything, but this is a good game. :D

p.s. Gah! I'm getting excited about FF XII right now, I'm still playing it right now, maybe I should just buy a DS and get FF XII: RW on Nov 20th!

Rostum
09-05-2007, 11:40 PM
I really want to get this and Reverent Wings.

JKTrix
09-06-2007, 01:43 PM
Dang, I was typing up a big response and Firefox glitched out :(

Anyway, controlling Zelda (the game) is a much more active experience than controlling Heroes of Revenant Wings or other similar DS games. Where the RTS style games are 'click an enemy, hero attacks automatically until it dies', Zelda has at least 4 different ways to actively attack enemies with the sword: jab the stylus in any of the radial directions around Link and he'll stab that way; slash diagonally and Link will slash; tap an enemy and Link will do a leaping slash; draw a quick circle around Link and he'll do the spin attack.

The Diagonal slash is different depending on the direction you slash (left-to-right or right-to-left), and Link will swing his sword accordingly in either a forehand or backhand way. This is important when you encounter enemies that are not defeated in one hit, as you will do smoother/quicker combos when including 'fore-then-back-then-fore again' attacks rather than just spamming forehand slashes. Naturally you can throw in some stabs. As long as the move you use isn't the same move you used prior, it seems to come out a little faster. Spin attack will end that particular combo string.

Movement is differnt than RTS styled DS games as well. It's much more reminiscent of Animal Crossing or even Mario 64 DS than the 'click and move there' style of Heroes or FF12RW. The only problem I've had with Zelda's movement control is Rolling. It's not particularly easy (I think you have to do a double-slash towards the outer edge of the screen while moving), but I haven't been in a situation where it is absolutely necessary for you to roll.

One player is Link/Pac Man, while the other controls the 3 enemy Knights who are like the Pac Man Ghosts.Ghosts!?

They're like the Pac-Man ghosts in essence, since I was using the Pac-Man Metaphor. Link doesn't get anything like a Super Pellet (as far as I know) to be able to attack the Knights.

I found a pic, I'll describe it: http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/2779/zeldamultihv9.jpg

This is the gameplay when you're playing as the Knight (when you are Link, the 'game screen' is on bottom while the map is on top). I forgot that the Knights can see where Link is on the map. You see the 3 'knight' icons on the screen with lines going from them, those are the lines you draw to direct them to move. The light blue colored areas on the map are the 'safe areas' where knights cannot enter. It looks like it would be hard to trap Link in there as there seem to be multiple exits to the area.

The red and blue coloured areas are for each Link. I guess it is only 2-player. In the image, it is Blue Link's turn, so he has to get the Triforce into his Blue Area. Since they're showing Red Link's pile on the screen as well, perhaps it means he can steal from Red Link's pile. That'd be interesting, though it makes it more challenging for him to get back to his own area.

The red dot on the lower left side of the screen is one of the 'Zelda Items'.

I think in Multiplayer, you are able to control Link with the D-pad.

Yamaneko
10-03-2007, 11:43 PM
Just picked up the game. I'm liking it so far (only about an hour and a half in). The touch controls take some time getting used to, especially drawing circles at the edges of the screen to do rolls. It's true that the game is a bit dumbed down from previous Gameboy offerings. You don't collect heart pieces anymore (you gain whole heart pieces) and from the time I've spent with it the enemies and puzzles are super easy.

It's sort of neat that you can pull down the map in the overworld or in dungeons to write little notes. So far this has been implemented forcibly with the game telling you to perform this action. Hopefully as I get farther ahead the opportunity will present itself so I can use this feature at my discretion without the game telling me to.

The Wind Waker graphic design totally works on the DS and I like that Nintendo didn't go with the 3D camera. The top-down approach takes me back to some of my favorite Zelda games. I think if you enjoyed LttP you'll really enjoy this game.

Anyone else playing?

ljkkjlcm9
10-03-2007, 11:46 PM
my roomate has been playing it, and asking me for help whenever he gets stuck, which is funny because I want to play it later.

One part he was stuck on, you had to close the DS and then open it, and it transfered something from the top screen to the bottom. Only on the DS man.

Either way, he plugs it into his speakers for his computer, so I've heard the entire game so far lol

THE JACKEL

Rostum
10-04-2007, 03:05 AM
Added to 'games to get for Xmas' list. :)

Dragonsoul
10-04-2007, 05:38 AM
I heard this game is very short, which is good for me because that will increase my chances to play it since I have time! If it's less than 15 hours that will help a lot. How long is it? The reviews are high and sales also! :)

Rostum
10-04-2007, 06:04 AM
Why are you so obsessed with how long a video game is? Length does not make or break a game, quality does. There's plenty of time in this world for you to beat a game, even if it were 50+ hours.

Xander
10-04-2007, 09:37 AM
I just ordered US version, excited, squeeee :love:

I always ask things like this but, there's no difference between US and UK really is there? xD (except US has nicer boxes and I can get it sooner!)

Rostum
10-04-2007, 10:05 AM
Not unless they add in extra features like they did with Final Fantasy 10. Otherwise it's pretty much the same (except not a range of languages to choose from).

JKTrix
10-04-2007, 01:05 PM
Still waitin' for my country to get it (we're usually at least a week late, except for Halo it seems), but I'm glad folks are enjoying it.

I had heard that it was 'dumbed down' and easy, but I guess it's partly to reflect the new audience Nintendo is going for. They want women to pick up these games, and if it's too hard for them (like my mom and Phoenix Wright) they don't want to play it. I just hope it's still fun to play overall, despite the lack of challenge.

Rostum
10-04-2007, 01:20 PM
Still waitin' for my country to get it (we're usually at least a week late, except for Halo it seems), but I'm glad folks are enjoying it.

I had heard that it was 'dumbed down' and easy, but I guess it's partly to reflect the new audience Nintendo is going for. They want women to pick up these games, and if it's too hard for them (like my mom and Phoenix Wright) they don't want to play it. I just hope it's still fun to play overall, despite the lack of challenge.

Or they do what my sister and girlfriend do...

"Logan, can you help me with this guy? I can't do it."
*plays through the whole game for them*

Xander
10-04-2007, 05:24 PM
I suppose it's true that I don't like a game to be tooo hard or I get annoyed and give up.. I liked the difficulty of Wind Waker and Minish Cap (the only Zelda games I've beaten actually xD ) so if its around those I'll be pretty happy. I like extra challenges and tests of patience that you can do if you want to ... dont know if theyll be any of this.. heard theres no finding heart pieces :( Which seems a bit disappointing. But I reckon it'll be fun, gonna be mostly playing it on the train to work I think :D

Levian
10-04-2007, 05:40 PM
Or they do what my sister and girlfriend do...

"Logan, can you help me with this guy? I can't do it."
*plays through the whole game for them*

Haha, that's so like my sister too. She gets me to do the hard parts, and games don't exactly get easier the further you get in them, so I always end up playing most of the game. :p Take the last Tomb Raider as an example. I had to do all the boss fights, all the swimming, and some of the traps, especially timed ones. Not much left in the game after that. :D When it comes to Zelda, she does everything herself, though. Except maybe a minigame or two, like bow shooting.

Knowing myself well I really shouldn't get this game before my last exam. So I'll probably get it around christmas :D

Dragonsoul
10-04-2007, 11:16 PM
Why are you so obsessed with how long a video game is? Length does not make or break a game, quality does. There's plenty of time in this world for you to beat a game, even if it were 50+ hours.

Let me explain. I don't have much time to play rpg's, less than an hour a day, so length is important to me. I have to beat the top new rpg's like FF XII: RW and FF XIII plus beat the best older ones I haven't beaten yet like FF VIII and Chrono Cross. Along the way I can beat some other newer and older rpg's also, and if they are not too long that will help.

Deborah
10-10-2007, 12:42 AM

MONSTERS!!! :D

NeoCracker
10-10-2007, 12:50 AM
Only played a bit, but I'm enjoying it a lot.

The controls are quite nice, and you dont' have to draw circles to roll.

If found just keeping the stylist on the edge, and tehn quickly stricking the side works too.

Though its probably not a good Idea

Rostum
10-10-2007, 01:10 AM

Let me explain. I don't have much time to play rpg's, less than an hour a day, so length is important to me. I have to beat the top new rpg's like FF XII: RW and FF XIII plus beat the best older ones I haven't beaten yet like FF VIII and Chrono Cross. Along the way I can beat some other newer and older rpg's also, and if they are not too long that will help.

But, why are you in such a rush to beat all these games? They will still be there in a few years... So what's wrong with just taking the time to play one game (whether it be 1 hour a day, or 30 minutes a day).

Deborah
10-10-2007, 10:30 AM
I've been playing and have become very fond of the game. Although I have yet gotten ship parts to make my ship cute....which is needed...dumb demon looking stuff. :(

Dragonsoul
10-10-2007, 09:57 PM

But, why are you in such a rush to beat all these games? They will still be there in a few years... So what's wrong with just taking the time to play one game (whether it be 1 hour a day, or 30 minutes a day).

It's because I want to beat my favorite new rpg's and my favorite old rpg's. I have very little time to play these rpg's so I am also interested in the length of the game. I will only play a few rpg's, I'm going to have to choose the best ones only.

Rostum
10-11-2007, 01:17 AM
I suppose it's true that I don't like a game to be tooo hard or I get annoyed and give up.. I liked the difficulty of Wind Waker and Minish Cap (the only Zelda games I've beaten actually xD ) so if its around those I'll be pretty happy. I like extra challenges and tests of patience that you can do if you want to ... dont know if theyll be any of this.. heard theres no finding heart pieces :( Which seems a bit disappointing. But I reckon it'll be fun, gonna be mostly playing it on the train to work I think :D

Go play Ocarina of Time. It's like Minish Cap, but in 3D.

It's because I want to beat my favorite new rpg's and my favorite old rpg's. I have very little time to play these rpg's so I am also interested in the length of the game. I will only play a few rpg's, I'm going to have to choose the best ones only.

That doesn't even make any sense. Is your life going to end soon or something? You still have plenty of time to play all the games you want.

Dragonsoul
10-11-2007, 02:52 AM
No there isn't enough time because top new rpg's are coming out all the time. I have to beat all the top new ones that I like plus the top old ones that I like. The time it takes to beat these games is a factor in me deciding which games to play. This is because I only have a limited amount of time each day to play rpg's, less than an hour a day usually.

Rostum
10-11-2007, 04:15 AM
You do realise most RPG's can be beaten in a week or two? Therefore there isn't that many coming out all the time. Also, I think it's pretty silly to pass up an absolutely great game (what friends have told me, btw) just because it may be long.

The games that come out will still be there in a years time, you don't need to plan on when to play them just because you think you might fall behind as such.

Anyway, this if off topic. I just think it's silly that you wouldn't play a game even if it is absolutely great, just because of time issues per day.

Yamaneko
10-11-2007, 04:34 AM
Having to go through the parts in the Temple of the Ocean King that I already did before does get a bit annoying.

I'm enjoying it so far, though, probably because I never power run through handheld games so they last a long time.

JKTrix
10-11-2007, 01:07 PM
I don't know how far you are, but after the 2nd time you get to the 6th level of the temple you are able to teleport there from the entrance. This is after you find the 3 spirits.

I was getting annoyed at having to go through the same levels over and over as well, but as you get more items you can actually go through the early levels really fast.

I've found quite a few ship parts so far. Right now my ship has a big drill (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=6698) on the front and has shells for anchors with grass on the hull. Something about the combination I have made my ship get 5 hearts, which is nifty.

Dragonsoul
10-12-2007, 12:35 AM
You do realise most RPG's can be beaten in a week or two? Therefore there isn't that many coming out all the time. Also, I think it's pretty silly to pass up an absolutely great game (what friends have told me, btw) just because it may be long.

The games that come out will still be there in a years time, you don't need to plan on when to play them just because you think you might fall behind as such.

Anyway, this if off topic. I just think it's silly that you wouldn't play a game even if it is absolutely great, just because of time issues per day.

I know the length of the rpg's that I like. Actually there are a decent amount of rpg's coming out all the time that I like. I would not pass up a great game solely because of it's length. Yes the games that are great now will be out years later still, but newer games will also be out that I would like to beat.

I want to play the top new rpg's and the top old rpg's. I only have less than an hour each day to play rpg's so I can only choose the very best rpg's to beat. How long a game is is a factor in my decision about which rpg's to play.

Rostum
10-12-2007, 06:20 AM
I want to play the top new rpg's and the top old rpg's. I only have less than an hour each day to play rpg's so I can only choose the very best rpg's to beat. How long a game is is a factor in my decision about which rpg's to play.

Yes, and it is my view that judging on whether to play a game or not based on the length is completely and utterly ridiculous. :)

I've found quite a few ship parts so far. Right now my ship has a big drill (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=6698) on the front and has shells for anchors with grass on the hull. Something about the combination I have made my ship get 5 hearts, which is nifty.

How does the ship-thing compare to Wind Waker's? I haven't played Wind Waker, but I heard it was horrible (at least, that part of the game, I mean).

JKTrix
10-12-2007, 12:45 PM
I think the main problem with the ship thing in Wind Waker is that it was just too boring. They had several things along the way to spice it up, but ultimately sailing between islands ended up being too long and tedious--especially if the wind wasn't blowing the right way. Sure you could change the direction of the wind, but having to do it every time was not exactly fun to do after the first 20 times.

Phantom Hourglass does away with the wind stuff. The ship runs on an engine. All you have to do to sail is draw a line from your departure point to your destination point, and it will just go. At any point in your travel, you can re-draw your travel line if you want to go somewhere else. It still has much of the same elements of 'random happenings on the high seas' as Wind Waker so it's not an entirely passive experience. Early on in the game you get a cannon for your ship, which has unlimited ammo. To shoot it, you simply tap on the screen where you want to shoot.

I've come across one time so far where you have to control the ship in a different way, and another time where you have to draw a path in a very specific way to get past an otherwise unpassable area. Little things that break up the normal sailing--which isn't bad--but helps keep it fresh.

Additionally, through a sidequest on an unmarked island, you can get the Cyclone Slate which allows you to teleport to the different areas by drawing a symbol on it. It's a sidequest so you don't need it to complete the game, but it makes travelling that much faster.

And then the ship itself, you can customize. You find items all around the place, either through letters, treasure chests or treasure spots in the sea. Then you go to a garage on the starting island and switch the parts around. Apparently if you match up some parts from the same series, your ship gets more hearts. I believe you can trade ship parts with other gamers as well, but I haven't unlocked that yet (they talk about it though).

Shoeberto
10-12-2007, 02:40 PM
Started playing through this last night. It's a pretty good time, though I couldn't get the somersault down 100%. I got some big vibes of LttP at some point which was kind of weird, all things considered. I really want to spend some major time with it this weekend though and really immerse myself in it.

Dragonsoul
10-13-2007, 12:33 AM
Yes, and it is my view that judging on whether to play a game or not based on the length is completely and utterly ridiculous. :)

I've already explained my viewpoint, please stop posting negatively to me about this, thanks. :)

JKTrix, the EB Games nearby me was open at midnite I believe right before the Zelda: PH was released. I think this was the case because I saw a bunch of people standing outside there as a went by, but I didn't pay much attention. Later I wondered maybe they were in line and for Zelda: PH. How often does EB Games stay open at midnite? I remember seeing people in line right before midnite when World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade was released.

Rostum
10-13-2007, 07:15 AM
I got some big vibes of LttP at some point which was kind of weird, all things considered.

This means major win for me. :D

I've already explained my viewpoint, please stop posting negatively to me about this, thanks. :)

I'm allowed to give my point of view too, thank you very much. :p And guess what? I still think it is silly! :D

Dragonsoul
10-13-2007, 09:36 PM
It's fine for you to have your own point of view but I feel that you are acting disrespectfully torwards me in your posts. I have a different preference to you and that shouldn't mean that you should feel obligated to tell me that I'm wrong and that you are right. I think you should let others do what they want without criticizing them too much. I believe that we each can have our own preferences and we should be free to state them without people acting negatively disrespectful torwards us. It's not a huge deal but I wish that these posts of yours did not occur. I don't believe that if you respond back to this post that you will do so without telling me that I am wrong and that the viewpoint is silly and ridiculous. I will not return to this thread and please stop sending me personal messages with all due respect. Thanks Omecle! :)

Raebus
10-13-2007, 09:41 PM
I think its rather silly also, to have time constraints on games or always care about how long they take to complete. You should enjoy a game and not go onto the next or worry about time. I agree with Omecle.

He wasn't being disrectful imo. your just taking his post far too seriously.

Rostum
10-14-2007, 01:00 AM
I will not return to this thread and please stop sending me personal messages with all due respect. Thanks Omecle! :)

You were the one that sent me a PM demanding I stop stating my opinion. If I wanted to be disrespectful to you, I'd say a hell of a lot more than "I think it's silly".

I think its rather silly also, to have time constraints on games or always care about how long they take to complete. You should enjoy a game and not go onto the next or worry about time. I agree with Omecle.

He wasn't being disrectful imo. your just taking his post far too seriously.

Thank you. :)

Anyway, my friend bought this and so I was able to have a go at it. All I can say is... awesome! I am going to pick this up as soon as I can (i.e. when I get the money :(). I was very impressed, this could very well be the best DS game out so far (though I have yet to play the Ace Attorney games).

Shoeberto
10-14-2007, 04:56 PM
Definitely taking the whole Internet Video Game Discussion thing way too seriously.

I'm digging this game, even if I sank my ship about 3 times in the fog before figuring out the right place to go.

demondude
10-19-2007, 09:26 PM
I'm hoping to pick this game up tomorrow.
I haven't disliked a zelda game thus far so I have high hopes for this one.

Xander
10-20-2007, 09:38 PM
I played Ocarina of Time a bit, but I didnt get into it so much. I really DO want to play link to the past though!

Done the first dungeon of phantom hourglass *sloooow* but it was fun! Now I need some more time to play XD I dunno, I really loved the story in minish cap though and Im not getting so attached *yet* to this game...

Drift
10-26-2007, 09:20 PM
picked this up early in the week, though i havent played it much but from what i have played its a very enjoyable game

Deborah
10-27-2007, 09:35 AM
I'm determined to get every ship piece and good high scores on the mini games! Oooh It's fun! :love: Some of the stuff can be dumb..like using the mic and only the touch screen but I got used to it, I just place it on a table and play that way!

Cookie
10-27-2007, 09:44 AM
Seriously, the best game I've played this year. I recommend it to anyone and everyone.

Roto13
11-01-2007, 07:27 PM
I finished it a few days ago. I really enjoyed it. Makes me want to play Wind Waker again.

That stupid Temple of the Ocean King makes is annoying, though. Time limit + repeated backtracking = pain in the ass. Other than that, though, I loved the game.

Pro tip for those of you having trouble with rolling. The game tells you that you need to draw tiny circles on the edge of the screen, but that´s not true. Just wiggle your stylus a little bit near the border. As long as you´re running, just moving the stylus slightly away from the edge of the screen and then back does a roll.

Xander
11-01-2007, 07:40 PM
Some of the stuff can be dumb..like using the mic and only the touch screen but I got used to it, I just place it on a table and play that way!

I think using the mic is cool, blowing out flames and stuff, awesome! Do feel a bit weird doing that on the train but eh... :p

I got into using the touch screen really quickly, when I first got Animal Crossing on the DS I walked about with the touch screen.

Fighting is fun still, perhaps not as fun as Wind Waker and could do with some different enemies but eh!

I just went to the island where you can't see the map so you have to walk around it and trace the shape of the whale to solve the riddle, had me thinking for a while (cos I didn't speak to Linebeck for ages anyway XD) and impressed me.

The use of the DS facilities must be one of the BEST, really, it's great to see a game REALLY make use of them and it all works so well.

The temple of the ocean king, I agree about it being a bit annoying going back over it, though I'm enjoying it the dungeons are fun in this game :D

I should be playing on the train home tonight, if I'm not sleeping.. :p

eestlinc
11-29-2007, 10:00 PM
this is a good game, although it's pretty short and easy. I kept expecting a huge series of dungeons after collecting the spirits, but only got the three. Of course, you get to do the Temple so many times.

I can't figure out where the last wisdom gem is. I have checked FAQs and I am pretty sure I have done all 20 things to get the 20 wisdom gems, yet I only have 19. Alas.

Roto13
11-29-2007, 10:25 PM
What even happens when you get the second upgrade for each of the spirits? I got the first, but not the second.

eestlinc
11-29-2007, 10:26 PM
You get a better version of what the level one spirit gives you.

Rostum
11-30-2007, 03:35 AM
I finished this last week and I was very pleased. One of the most fun Zelda games I have played, though Ocarina of Time will always be my favourite.

Man, I just love Zelda. I finished downloading all soundtracks, even the orchestral soundtracks for LttP, OoT and MM -- so damn good.

Spiffing Cheese
12-23-2007, 05:39 PM
I just completed it, waited for the credits to finish, saw the bit at the end and re-loaded my game and I'm back to just before you get on the ghost-ship again. Can I just go visit all the islands 'n' stuff again or not? :confused:

Roto13
12-23-2007, 05:44 PM
You should be able to just sail away from there.

Spiffing Cheese
12-23-2007, 06:15 PM
Hokay. I thought it might follow me and force me on it again. xD Thanks.

Momiji
12-30-2007, 12:08 AM
Pro tip for those of you having trouble with rolling. The game tells you that you need to draw tiny circles on the edge of the screen, but that´s not true. Just wiggle your stylus a little bit near the border. As long as you´re running, just moving the stylus slightly away from the edge of the screen and then back does a roll.

Even easier: Just doubletap the side of the screen in the direction you're running--but remember, if you roll 3 times, Link will get dizzy. Same for the spin attack.

So far, I've enjoyed the game. I don't exactly care for the timed dungeon stuff, but it is a decent idea.

I especially like how the boomerang is used. Just direct its path and it goes where you tell it to!

What's a good way to get rupees? I'm trying to buy those gems.

Roto13
12-30-2007, 12:30 AM
There's a guy on a ship in the lower left corner of the first map. He'll give you assloads of treasure every day you can sell. If you want, you can get it, save, turn the clock ahead a day, and do it again over and over.