PDA

View Full Version : "Hi, I'm Arthur and I suck at French."

Quindiana Jones
09-04-2007, 07:13 PM
Have you ever volunteered something and made a complete arse of yourself in the process?

I have. In my first French lesson at college today. I got 50% of a 4 word sentence wrong. But what did I say? Well, I'll tell you. "Tu as une femme?". The obvious mistake there is "as", as it should be "es". However, that is not all. I also pronounced "femme" as "fommmmmmm" instead of "fammmm". How silly of me. It was tres embarrassing. :D

Ashi
09-04-2007, 08:05 PM
I make similar (and worse) mistakes in my French class. Guess I haven't adapted and keep thinking in English most of the time. :eek:

Flying Mullet
09-04-2007, 08:08 PM
At least it was the first day of French class. Now if it was the last day...

snacks
09-04-2007, 08:46 PM
True story:

6th grade home economics class, and we all had to say a short thing introducing ourselves. I was a HUUUUGGGEE geek in middle/high school so me being the retarded said I liked m&m's and i could sound like goofy (ya know disney goofy) falling off a cliff. So I was asked to volunteer my "talents" in front of the whole class which I did loud and clear for people in other rooms.

Needless to say there was alot of ;___; and > >

Rengori
09-04-2007, 08:56 PM
Have you seen the Beavis and Butthead episode where they join the walkathon? Yeah...

bipper
09-04-2007, 09:36 PM
This is why we are working on a plan to remove France from the map. I got a D in a quater of french my freshmen year, ended up with a B average. The introduction to retardedness was harder then the more complex stuff later, evidently. SO GOEspeed!
:mog:

Tallulah
09-04-2007, 10:12 PM
I used to get the pronounciation of 6 and 16 - or six (seez) and seize (sehz) the wrong way. So for years my French teachers thought my birthday was on the 6th. :eep:

Still, I can't have sucked that badly at it; I got an A for GCSE. :)