PDA

View Full Version : Melodies of Life

CloudedSquall
09-05-2007, 02:13 PM
Man. This composition is so beautiful (particularly the piano arrangement). I can't stop listening to it.. perhaps its because i'm in a delicate mood but this is just heart wrenchingly beautiful.

Share the love.

Bolivar
09-05-2007, 08:24 PM
not to sound like a <jerk--too late!>[!]fag[/!] but when i first beat this game when it came out and got to the credits with the song playing with words...it was pretty touching. i dl/ed it and listened to it a few times last year, it's not really as powerful as when you just beat the game, but it's a great song. The actual director of the game wrote the original japanese lyrics!

Edit by Kishi: Language.

Elpizo
09-05-2007, 08:32 PM
When I beat the game, saw those awesome credits with parts of the FMVs of the game and Melodies of Life playing, my heart just told me that I had finished the best RPG, no, best game ever. For me at least.

Melodies of Life is a very good song, one of the best FF songs, if I might say. In my opinion of course. The lyrics just fit IX so well, more than 'Eyes on me' (a good song as well) fitted VIII.

I like 'Kiss me Goodbye' a lot as well, but it seems that's actually the most disliked FF song. 0_o

So yeah, Melodies of Life is a great song.

Jess
09-14-2007, 05:06 PM
I think all of the music in FFIX was beautiful. :jess:

charliepanayi
09-14-2007, 08:31 PM
It is a really good track, and it works wonderfully during the end credits when you see highlights of the game's FMVs in the background. And it has that bit where it kicks into the traditional Final Fantasy theme (like the Ending Theme in FFVIII does) which always gets to me.

Medi
09-27-2007, 10:44 PM
Yes, FFIX certainly does have some of the best tracks in the series, and Melodies of Life is included in that statement.

cloud21zidane16
09-28-2007, 12:39 AM
:eek: I love the FFIX sound track, especially Melodies of Life;)

Ashley Schovitz
09-28-2007, 01:14 AM
It's the best vocal song IMO

Shotgunnova
09-28-2007, 08:08 AM
Favorite vocal cut in the series, probably. Everything else sounds insincere or forced, but this'un carries a natural beauty (in its lilting instrumentation, too).

Sefie1999AD
09-29-2007, 10:50 PM
Melodies of Life is my favorite vocal song in the FF series. Kiss Me Good-Bye probably comes next. I think Melodies of Life is a really beautiful song, and the lyrics are quite sad. I used to listen to that song a lot (and I mean a lot) when I was broken-hearted for the first time, and even after I recovered from that incident, the song still remained one of my favorites.

Breine
10-24-2007, 04:12 PM
It is a decent little pop tune, and it suits the game very well.. the melody is great.

Quindiana Jones
10-24-2007, 09:08 PM
I think all of the music in FFIX was beautiful. :jess:

This is correct.

I love Pandemonium most. And Kuja's. And Necron's.

arcanedude34
10-25-2007, 02:11 AM
I love all Final Fantasy music (even XII does OKAY w/o Uematsu [sp?]), but IX is just the cream of the crop imo. One of the best moments in my life was when I beat the game and Melodies of Life came on and it just fit the game and the mood sooooo perfectly.

I love that song to pieces, I listened to it repeatedly after I beat the game. My friends used to get so annoyed ha.

Vivisteiner
10-25-2007, 11:44 AM
Melodies of Life is beautiful. But not my favourite.

:love: FFIX soundtrack :love:

Hayabusa
10-25-2007, 08:10 PM
BEST SONG EVER.

Yuffie514
12-28-2007, 05:38 AM
Melodies of Life is great. I like it more than Eyes On Me, of course, it's the runner-up to Suteki Da Ne, IMO.

NeoCracker
12-28-2007, 08:43 AM
Melodies of Life is probably my third Favorite FF Song. First is tied between Rose of May (Beatrix's Theme) and Dancing Mad.

Aerith's Knight
12-28-2007, 07:19 PM
the music in FFIX was surely a strong backbone of the game.. when zidane gets out of the throne and start walking past everyone with the music playing this defiant song.. it was awsome..

and the credits were excellent with the music and you finally saw the kiss.. the same as in FF8

it was a great game.. but it was a little hard to find a good spot to train sometimes

Holylulu
01-25-2008, 11:50 AM
Love the song in English and Japanese too.:p One of the best FF songs ever. Makes me wanna cry.:cry:

Christmas
06-26-2022, 10:48 AM
I was about to eat my burger's packaging and throw the burger away as usual but I heard this song which enlightened me the importance of life. Now I started eating both burger and packaging. :bigsmile:

Quindiana Jones
07-02-2022, 01:09 AM
I was about to eat my burger's packaging and throw the burger away as usual but I heard this song which enlightened me the importance of life. Now I started eating both burger and packaging. :bigsmile:

This is the way.