PDA

View Full Version : Has Anybody Heard Of...

Laddy
09-05-2007, 10:25 PM
a downloadable (and free) program for making fighting games? I've tired MUGEN, which sucks, and Fighter Maker 95, which blows. Anybody have something? Much thanks.

Meat Puppet
09-05-2007, 11:02 PM
I suppose that, with enough dedication, you could turn out a fighter from Game Maker. It’ll take a long time, though; you’ll probably have to work from the bottom up to learn Game Maker alone. And even when experienced, you’ll probably have a long, frustrating path to actually getting a fighting game to work... but I don’t see why you wouldn’t be able to do it. Yes, it’s possible.

I will give you a link for Game Maker, in case you don’t know what it is. There are a lot of tutorials to help you get used to the program at the same site. You should probably check them out, if you’re interested in Game Maker.

YoYo Games (http://www.yoyogames.com/gamemaker/)

It is free, but there is also a professional available for a small sum. :)

All this being said, if you’re not able to make a fighting game in MUGEN or FM95, and Game Maker potentially has a higher difficultly than either of these, then... but who am I to judge?

Laddy
09-06-2007, 03:15 AM
Thanks, I'll update soon.

Rostum
09-06-2007, 05:06 AM
You could try learning C# and the XNA framework.

Mercen-X
09-06-2007, 07:40 PM
You're never going to actually find a good anything maker. The better it looks or feels, the harder it is to understand and thus you might as well be working at a freaking game company.
Making a decent game of any kind requires a lot of software and a lot of memory . . . and a lot of information most people don't have.
If you can settle for barely-par or sub-par, then you're in luck. I wouldn't hold out hope for better.