PDA

View Full Version : Graphing Calculators

Jessweeee♪
09-07-2007, 12:26 AM
Finally got me one of them last week n.n

I put a fan-made mini-FFVII on it. It's so kewl!!! It crashes on the item screen, though...if someone's KO'd I'm done for x.x

Doncha just love them?

oddler
09-07-2007, 12:27 AM
Hell yes. I programmed mine to come up with random lines of text.

Jesus
Happily
Smacked
Satan
In the street.

:)

Kirobaito
09-07-2007, 12:27 AM
They're all right.

I have a TI-89. I don't remember how to use it for Stats, since I haven't done that in like two years, and now I need to know.

Captain Maxx Power
09-07-2007, 12:37 AM
I just drew tits on mine. I'm highbrow like that.

Tavrobel
09-07-2007, 12:40 AM
I love my graphing calculator. It does everything! It can add, it graphs, it does derivatives and programmed functions!

MecaKane
09-07-2007, 12:45 AM
I was very happy that all of the math tests in highschool in university and highschool were written so a graphing calculator would be useless. :love:

Faris
09-07-2007, 02:41 AM
Nah, those things are expensive. It's fun to hit "010101010101" 10000 times then delete it all. Hello Neo :D

I absolutely love scientific calculators though and not those dumb single line/screen ones.

Ace14
09-07-2007, 02:41 AM
I would get one but my parents think its too expensive for just a calculator. :( They look very complicated too, but thats okay I'd figure out how to use it.

Værn
09-07-2007, 02:49 AM
I need no calculator to pwn math class.

Jessweeee♪
09-07-2007, 03:02 AM
I would get one but my parents think its too expensive for just a calculator. :( They look very complicated too, but thats okay I'd figure out how to use it.

Oh, it's much much more than a simple calculator! They are sooo expensive, though x.x

My mom agreed to get me one because she thought I'd need it for college in a couple of years x.x

mooglebunni608
09-07-2007, 03:05 AM
I have to get one of them soon :/

My brother's used to have really addicting puzzle games.... It was funny because I'd always ask to use it :D

Mirage
09-07-2007, 03:30 AM
I have a Casio CFX-9850GC Plus.

I like it.

o_O
09-07-2007, 04:43 AM
I have a TI-89, and even though I'm no longer allowed to use it in the papers which I take, I like it a lot. I made a mini Street Fighter game back in maths class in highschool. It was kind of superseded by the <a href="http://www.spacetime.us/pocketpc.htm">totally kickin' rad calculator program</a> I found for my phone though. :p

Nominus Experse
09-07-2007, 06:29 AM
ZOMFG PHOENIX IS TEH SEXXORZ

I also made little programs to solve all and everything for me. I recall making specific programs for specific worksheets.

There was something powerful in having your calculator ask you,
"What is unknown blah; are there blah;etc.."
And then having it spit out an answer was stupidly fun to watch.

The Quad was single-handedly slain by 8th grade thanks to the graphing calculator I stole. I think it was a TI-83 Plus or something similiar.

Resha
09-07-2007, 02:16 PM
I'm too old-school for one >=( Only meagre scientific calculators for me. Nowadays, you get kids solving quadratic equations with calculators, and I find it repulsive. REPULSIVE. People factorising into quadratics using calculators. It gives me heartburn. I didn't even know you could until a few months ago :-(

rubah
09-07-2007, 03:53 PM
I just have the ti-83 my mom used when she went to college a few years ago and I have to solve equations with multiple roots by graphing or matrices because poly-simultaneous root finder refuses to install on it :(

Peegee
09-07-2007, 04:24 PM
When my friend had me learn calculus some time ago we went through sketching graphs. Graphing calculations just shows whether your graph sketching skills is teh win. In other words you don't need it.

Incidentally if you can't afford a graphing calculamalator just download microsoft power toys.

(Win XP)

Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx)