PDA

View Full Version : IGN: Final Fantasy VII Remake Chatter

Stunt
09-07-2007, 03:42 AM
onAXIS: IGN: Final Fantasy VII Remake Chatter (http://onaxis.blogspot.com/2007/09/ign-final-fantasy-vii-remake-chatter.html)

I bet 100% that it will be remade.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
09-07-2007, 11:43 AM
i wonder how long it will take for someone to come in make a bitchy post :D personally, i wold love to see a remake. but as said in that interview all the staff have got so many projects already underway (KH, crisis core, FFXIII) so even if it was decided, it's still a long way off

Flying Mullet
09-07-2007, 12:16 PM
Obviously there's going to be a remake eventually. :rolleyes2

It could be announced in the next year or the next decade, but there will be a remake eventually.

Bolivar
09-07-2007, 04:32 PM
it's cool that the 3 heads of each XIII entry worked together on Crisis Core. it's too bad that i don't have a psp and don't plan on getting one until they're used for $20.

It sucks that everywhere these guys go they have to answer to why there's not a remake yet. It's like, they can't even begin to think about how they would go about it because they're all so caught up in such a huge project as it is.

I'm starting to question whether a remake would be good or bad. IMO the game doesn't need it, and with the attempt there's always the possibility that it will be bad. I think it would only be beneficial to a new generation of gamers that simply can't adjust to the old graphics.

Captain Maxx Power
09-07-2007, 06:04 PM
We've seen remakes (several infact) of the 8/16-bit games, why not the modern 3D ones?

Serapy
09-08-2007, 12:56 AM
Would of have been nice if it was to be remade on PS3.

cloud21zidane16
09-08-2007, 01:28 AM
Obviously there's going to be a remake eventually. :rolleyes2

It could be announced in the next year or the next decade, but there will be a remake eventually.

Exactly what i think;)

edczxcvbnm
09-11-2007, 06:18 PM
We've seen remakes (several infact) of the 8/16-bit games, why not the modern 3D ones?

We already have. Resident Evil on Gamecube for example.

jammi567
09-11-2007, 07:51 PM
I really don't see the point of re-making it. It's good enough as it is, why make it worse?

Serapy
09-11-2007, 07:56 PM
Extra stuff, 3d awesome-sause graphic, more music, sidequests and some new storylines, etc.

I'd like to see what does Cait Sith look like in 3d, since they don't include Cait Sith in FF7:AC.. hm.

Woodinator
09-11-2007, 08:08 PM
Extra stuff, 3d awesome-sause graphic, more music, sidequests and some new storylines, etc.

That's exactly what I'd hate to see in a remake :/ As cool as it would be to replay FFVII in 3-D, I wouldn't want it modified a lot...I like it how it was, even if the graphics are poor in today's standards...I'm also afraid of the voice acting..because lets face it, Cloud's voice actor is pretty monotonous and I didn't interperet Cloud to be like that at least in FFVII. Plus they'd have to cut out all of the cursing by Cid and Barrett if voiced and who knows if they'll cut out stuff to make it more "appropriate" now that those raging soccer moms are yelling about game content

Hazzard
09-11-2007, 08:51 PM
Damn, Woodinator's gotta point, the whole swearing/hilarious moments will be censored with a load of crap, and take away the sweetness in VII.

I'm not sure now, would a remake actually be beneficial for us die hard VII fans?

Raebus
09-11-2007, 08:57 PM
Even I admit the swearing bits made me smile, if they go, it'll fail.

Serapy
09-11-2007, 09:24 PM
I totally agree, but I think, just play FF7 remake like a new game that has nothing to do with the original FF7, doing that way would make you a bit happier but yeah.

If they re-made FF7, maybe there's a chance that they would re-make FF8 and FF9, lol.

Hazzard
09-11-2007, 09:35 PM
I totally agree, but I think, just play FF7 remake like a new game that has nothing to do with the original FF7, doing that way would make you a bit happier but yeah.

That would strip away the whole point in remaking VII, if it's goal is to be approached as a completely different game. You might as well forget the whole project, if you're going to tamper with the original FF.

Comet
09-11-2007, 10:57 PM
If the remake comes I would like it to be rated 16+ so the swearing and stuff would be voiced.

LunarWeaver
09-11-2007, 11:50 PM
The first Metal Gear Solid got remade and stuck so closely to the original that it had no point and might as well have not existed. If a game is gonna be remade, there has to be changes or it's just the same exact thing. Why would anybody want to pay 60 dollars for every scene and line of dialogue they already own? I will not understand this for the rest of my life. Bring on the changes, and then you have a remake and the original and excuses to play through both. FFVII needs a new translation and important scenes incorporated in the main plot that were hidden in the original. And what's so bad about adding some parts and some new character development, either? I don't get it.

I'd like a remake, that said.

Raebus
09-11-2007, 11:55 PM
As long as the swearing and dialogue is intact, I'm fine with a remake.

Serapy
09-12-2007, 12:19 AM

That would strip away the whole point in remaking VII, if it's goal is to be approached as a completely different game. You might as well forget the whole project, if you're going to tamper with the original FF.

I mean, if both of the remake and the original versions are totally different then we should at least pretend to play the remake game as a different game (don't tamper the original FF7). If we didn't pretend, most of us will be more disappointed. But I think the remake version will be fine to be honest, the producers may already knew our expections because all of us (hardcore FF7 fans) wanted them to remake FF7 in the first place. I don't want to forget the project, I actually would purchase and play it.

I'd rather buy the FF7 remake than the remake versions of FF1-6 because I'm a big fan of FF7.

Well, I really don't know the concept of remake. I'm guessing, it just spice the game up some more to interest people more, people liking FF games or SE want more money off us because FF7 is very popular in this case.

Madame Adequate
09-12-2007, 04:31 PM
You know how they said this "celebration of FFVII" thing is intended to last for another 10 years from the time of some speech or another last year? My guess is that the remake will be the very last thing they release. It'd close the circle nicely, and the intervening time will build up a lot of hype about it (Although I can't think of many games that could generate more hype, maybe Halo 3 and WoW 2, but that's about all that comes to mind).

I'd put my money - but admittedly not a lot of it - on a VII remake coming out on whatever the generation of consoles after this one is, rather than the current new gen.

Mercen-X
09-12-2007, 09:51 PM
OMG, LT I just heard from a friend of a friend's mom's second cousin twice removed that my all-time favorite role-playing interactive simulator Final Fantasy VII is LT going to be re-made... and this is LT reliable info 'cuz they heard it from the hairdresser who LT does the hair of the guys who make the games. The plans are already drawn up so LT the only thing we have to wait for is the other projects to hurry and finish up and we'll LT see FF7's totally tubular remake somewhere in the late fall of '010. Oh, wait, did I say that right? Anyway, cross your fingers because Final Fantasy VII's totally awesome, uber-amped, graphics enhanced, so super sweet remake will be hitting stores near Thanksgiving of 2010.

Hyperion4444
09-14-2007, 05:05 AM
if they make 1 of FFVII, they'll need to redo all the other PS FFs.

They just remade FFI/FFII for the 20th anniversary special.

ReloadPsi
09-23-2007, 10:37 PM
FF1 and 2 have been remade a couple of times now.

Anyway, after seeing Crisis Core, I have a pretty good idea of what FF7might look like if it were remade. It wouldn't be that bad, but I still ain't keeping my hopes up.

FF_Chick
09-24-2007, 01:57 AM
I could care less if the game is remade. Sure, it could be advanced a little, but in full 3D? I wouldn't play it again. I would just want some updated stuff, like 3D models that look similar to FFIVDS.

Octavious
10-04-2007, 03:58 PM
I'd love a remake and wouldn't care if it was the same exact game.

Raebus
10-04-2007, 04:00 PM
I think we should put something on the site to stop the remake threads from being created. Something like "Half the people want a remake on this site, we don't need any more remake threads unless its actually happening right here and right now".

If anyone creates a thread, they get warned and the thread gets deleted. If only it were put into use...

ReloadPsi
10-07-2007, 10:13 PM
I've just remembered something that could deter Squenix from doing this remake: Cait Sith's obese stuffed moogle.

For Advent Children, Square-Enix pretty much admitted outright that after the difficulty they had animating Red XIII, they pretty much could not be arsed to animate Cait Sith's original ride (not in those words, I'm making a gross oversimplification here: let's face it, it never even appeared in the flashback, they went for some dodgy retcon in which Cait Sith was riding on Red XIII. The words that were used went something like "it would have been too much work").

Bastards, that always pissed me off. I told you game developers were lazy.

john151
10-13-2007, 07:00 PM
I dont know but it woud be cool

Kenshin IV
10-14-2007, 02:33 AM
At this point I'd wish they could get a remake done ASAP just so people will finally shut the frick up about it.

Seal Evil
10-14-2007, 04:01 PM
^ But then we will talk and talk and talk about how great the new remake is. Yay. :D

Slothy
10-14-2007, 04:06 PM
At this point I'd wish they could get a remake done ASAP just so people will finally shut the frick up about it.

Then we'd have to listen to how they were right all along.

ReloadPsi
10-14-2007, 04:11 PM

How are we "wrong"? Just because Square have not in any way officially stated they're making a remake doesn't mean that if someday they do, we were wrong to say they currently aren't.

As it is right now, it's not been announced, so it's logical to assume it's not happening. I mean like, duh, right?

Plus, like I said before, Square are literally too lazy to animate some of the stuff that would have to be in there.

And consider this: If it's a remake, have you considered any of that crap that happens in between seeing Tifa in the chocobo cart at Sector 6 and falling into the sewer? Cloud cross-dressing, getting in a bath with eight gay bodybuilders who like to wash their sweat and dirt off together while yelling "Wassup!" (worst goddamn meme ever...), putting makeup on, looking for "women's" undergarments designed to make his breasts look bigger, Don Corneo making thrusting gestures at Cloud/Tifa/Aeris...

Seriously, the game would be at least a 15 in the UK (more than likely an 18) and rated at least M for Mature in the US (hopefully not AO, as it would get it removed from normal game shops), especially given how homophobic America still appears to be.

Heath
10-14-2007, 04:27 PM
What makes you think that the game would be given a more age-restrictive rating in the UK? Surely if the game was passed generally without note the first time there wouldn't be too much of an issue with it second time around? It's hardly going to provoke as much of a reaction as, say, GTA does.

ReloadPsi
10-14-2007, 04:30 PM
The scene is less risqué when it's rendered with guys who look like lego men. Besides it's not like they have butt sex, plus at the time FF was still a series not many cared about at the time 7 was released (or totally unheard of in my case), as opposed to GTA which had enjoyed widespread fame and controversy since its earliest incarnation.

I'm just saying that with FF's popularity now, an FF game with an ostensibly straight bloke being pulled into a bath with a buncha gay guys would turn a lot of heads nowadays, especially in AC's graphics.

As for why I think it'd be at least a 15, that's only based on the fact that when I asked a few people I know, one person said 15, the rest said 18, consdering how full frontal nudity is not taken lightly by the BBFC. I'd personally expect it to be no more than a 15 so long as we don't see anything below the belt. Maybe that's "Teen" in America, I dunno how their ratings work.

Heath
10-14-2007, 05:00 PM
The scene is less risqué when it's rendered with guys who look like lego men. Besides it's not like they have butt sex, plus at the time FF was still a series not many cared about at the time 7 was released (or totally unheard of in my case), as opposed to GTA which had enjoyed widespread fame and controversy since its earliest incarnation.

I'm just saying that with FF's popularity now, an FF game with an ostensibly straight bloke being pulled into a bath with a buncha gay guys would turn a lot of heads nowadays, especially in AC's graphics.

I don't think the graphics of a game make it any more or less risqué depending on the quality, but it wouldn't surprise me if the ratings people threw a fit over it. I just don't think, on principle, the game should receive a higher rating because of what would, presumably, mostly be updated graphics and nothing else that would effect ratings. There isn't any full frontal nudity in FFVII, is there? I thought that the closest FFVII got was people in either skimpy outfits or underwear.

If anything I would've thought that, at least in Britain, we were more accepting of homosexuality now than we were ten or so years ago if that were to be an issue. It's been brought up in the bastion of all that is sacred (Hollyoaks) after all.

Still, I'd say that GTA is a special case that's bound to provoke outrage no matter what incarnation of the game is because of the reputation it's got. GTA is pretty much synonymous with "computer game violence" in a lot of people's minds whereas I don't think FF has that same kind of label really and might not be treated so harshly. I mean, I only brought GTA up because it was the first game with an 18 certificate I thought of.

Xear
10-14-2007, 05:19 PM
I do have to agree with Psi, (after all it was me who came to that realization when I was half asleep). The problem is not the content of the game, as it is dont is a mature way. But the problem would be the realism.

In gaming history, It has seemed the more realistic the sprites / graphics the more serios the actions of the game are taken. This includes games like Quake and Doom, when the better the graphics came and the more realistic, the more people started to complain or call it "evil". Due to some of the content of the game , not just the scenes at Don's mansion or the honey bee inn the game would be deemed unsuitable for youngsters. And as with the games like quake , doom and condemed... this game would be attacked by religous and parent groups epsaaly in America. I am not anti American, But as a nation it does have a habbit of causeing a fuss about homosecual undertones, violence and values that could be viewed as witchcraft. This includes Books, games, toys ect.

Besides :) on a lighter note :) Final fantasy 7 was a game that introduced many of us to the serries, and a game loved world wide. Indeed a game that made half the world apperently crie when a fictonal character died. Remaking the game would not bring back those emotions or experiance back to anyone who played the original. Sure It may be good for people who never played it.

One final thing.... I dont understand why the game needs to be remade in new graphics... why it would be nice (and possibly amazing with the summons..) It would be kind of fake. I might just be a sentimental ol git :-P but when I think of cloud and Tifa I think more of their playstation aperances, rather then their advent children make overs.... As good as the make overs where, they where not the original characters. And the new cloud was just a emo in a stupid outfit where as the old cloud was actually a good character.

Maybe they should just leave the clasic as it is, and work on new worlds instead of midgar or Ivalice.... Serosly :) those worlds where good but their storys have been told. The best thing Square could do now is make a decent final fantasy game after the lameness of 12 and 11. A new world, a clasic system , a world map, lovable characters and use the amazing graphics in that :).

Peace
:mog:

Kenshin IV
10-14-2007, 11:33 PM

It's not a question of right or wrong. It will be either ported or, more likely, remade at some point in our lifetime. All it's predecessors have been. It's just a matter of when and what platform. Anyone who thinks they're working on it right now is just a fool. All their major developers are already working on other major projects. Games don't just appear out of thin air. Someone has to, you know, work on it.
And I still don't understand how people don't see they're next plan for Seven is some kind of another big sequel. Besides basically admitting as much, there's more than a few not-so-subtle hints in both Dirge and Crisis Core that that will be the case. It won't be any time soon for the aforementioned reason that they're all working on other projects, and I'm sure it will be given the same treatment as a numbered sequel. Hell, I wouldn't really be all that shocked if it was the next numbered sequel.
I honestly just don't see why they can't let the poor game die in peace.