PDA

View Full Version : The (somewhat) Less-Grand Fighting Tournament. :P

Slicksword45
09-07-2007, 07:31 AM
Hello people I have not seen in..... 5-6 weeks?

Please read this post BEFORE casting votes for characters.

Well, I'm returning to the Eyesonff board and so I desided to come back with a bang. Probley not as big of a bang as Super Nova or Ultima makes, but a bang non the less. Anyway, I was planning to make a Behold the Void style tornament, I left the fourms before doing so. Finally, when I came back, I saw Behold was holding (That sounds funny :D ) his Grand Villans Tournament. So finally I got aroung to makeing the Tournament. So yay!

The rules are quite simple. The last one standing lives! Everyone elce dies!

Anyone, Hero or Villan, can enter the Tournament EXECPT the people in Behold's Villan Tournament (Agent Smith, Asakura Ryoko, Axel, Bellatrix Lestrange, Bowser, Dark Adonis Vyers/Mid-Boss, Darth Traya, Dracula, Ganondorf, Gilgamesh, Hollow Ichigo, Kefka, Albedo, Kuchiki Byakuya, Kuja, Melfice, Mewtwo, Nightmare, Ovan, Phoenix, Possessed Kafra Lady, Psycho Mantis, Revolver Ocelot, Ridley, Sephiroth, Seymour Guado, Ultimecia, Venom, Voldemort, Xellos Metallium, Xemnas, Zaraki Kenpachi)

Behold gave me some advise to ban the winners of his grand tournament. So the following 32 characters are also banned: Fei Fong Wong, Vincent, Drizzt Do'Urden, Gandalf, Ichigo Kurosaki, Ryu Hayabusa, Alucard, Overlord Laharl, Link, Beauty Queen Etna, Terra Branford, Squall, Auron, Cloud, Master Chief, Dante, Michael Jackson, Vyse, Alucard, Tidus, Illidan Stormrage, Magus Zeal, Will, Earthworm Jim, Kratos, Albel Nox, Samus Aran, Mario, Sonic, Yomiko Readman, Cecil Harvey, Shadow

I will decide who wins the fight based on how strong/fast/smart/magical the characters are. Up to 64 characters can be in the tornament, with matches being a one-on-one. People can vote up to 15 characters into the Tournament. People with 3 or more votes are in no matter what, while anyone with 2 or less will have to go through a second vote. Like Beholds Tournament, you can bet on the match and everyone starts with 100,000 dollars. Or Gil. Or gold. Or what ever you want it called.

Simple rules:

1. No whining. I'm serious. If I pit Bob and Bill agenest eachother, and everyone thinks Bill will win, yet Bob somehow pulls off an upset victory, I don't want to hear "OMG! BOB SHOULD HAVE LOST" Or anything of that sort.

2. I hold the rights to ban your ability to bet.

3. Characters must come from eather Video Games, Anime or Books. I don't want customs.

4. If you bring a reveltiveley unknown character to the table, and noone can find ANY info on them, I will discount that vote, and give you your vote back.

5. Don't vote in someone stuiped. If I see someone dumb on the list, then I will kick him/her off.

6. I stand by my choice of winners. If I feel someone should win, I will NOT change it to appese the masses.

Ok, thats all, for I am tired. (It;s 2:30 am :p )

Behold the Void, if you don't want me to host the Tornament for what ever reason, tell me and I'll get rid of it.

Alright, Let the voteing start....... NOW!

Azure Chrysanthemum
09-07-2007, 09:18 AM
I don't mind an homage, go for it if you wish. Might wanna go back and check the revival thread and bar those characters as well.

But I'll throw one in for Lina Inverse.

JKTrix
09-07-2007, 12:25 PM
I have a feeling that your range of anime/games isn't quite as large as Void's, so I'll try to keep it a little easy. I nominate Brandon "Beyond The Grave" Heat from the Gungrave game/anime series.

KentaRawr!
09-07-2007, 01:12 PM
I nominate Naked Snake, from Metal Gear Solid 3. >_> He's at least proven that he can defeat those with super powers.

Slicksword45
09-07-2007, 07:29 PM
Ok, for those that didden't read the first post, you can nominate up to 15 characters (Make a list)

And if I don't know who the character is, I'll do some wikipedia-ing. (Did I just invent a word? XD)

Anyway, I'll follow your advice Behold and go bar them down too.

Next, About the aerena they will fight at. The Battlegrounds. It's a Roman-type Colliseum, with 8 Pillers in a circle inside the arena. Fans sit in the croud, guarded by a magic shield that rises infront of them. Two giant screens are on both the north and south walls, Showing Lifesigns of the two combatents.

Alright then, That should do for that. Back to voteing :D

Depression Moon
09-07-2007, 11:41 PM
So this is only for heroes then here's mine

Mario
Link
Zidane
Vivi
Beatrix
Bebedora (Arc the Lad Twilight of the Spirits)
The Hulk
Batman and
Goku DBZ
Prince (prince of Persia)

Laddy
09-08-2007, 01:28 AM
-Bao-Dur (KOTORII)
-Rose (LOTD)
-Vivi (FFIX)

Darkja
09-08-2007, 03:16 AM
Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III)
Allen Schezar (Escaflowne)
Dilandau Albatou (Escaflowne)
Aribeth De Tylmarand (NWN)
Sharwyn (NWN)

Slicksword45
09-08-2007, 05:57 AM

Acculty, This is for both Heros and Villans.

Also, Mario and Link can't be voted for, because they were in Beholds Tournament.

Elite Lord Sigma
09-08-2007, 02:57 PM
I'll nominate...

1. Ike (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn/Goddess of Dawn Vanguard version)
2. Zero (Mega Man X series)
3. Siegfried Schtauffen (Soul series)
4. Akuma (Street Fighter series)
5. Archsage Athos (Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword, or the unsubtitled one)
6. Dan Hibiki (Street Fighter series)
7. Geese Howard (King of Fighters series)

Azure Chrysanthemum
09-08-2007, 08:39 PM
Throw Felix and Jenna onto my list, as well as Roxas.

The Unknown Guru
09-08-2007, 10:15 PM
Hm. Here goes.

Necron (FFIX)
Alex (Golden Sun series)
Isaac (Golden Sun series)
The Hulk (Marvel comics)
Doc Samson (Marvel comics)
Night Terror (SC III) If he's too close to Nightmare, whatever.
The Blob (Marvel comics)
If near-mindless engines of destruction are allowed:
Dullahan (Golden Sun 2)

Could you be more specific about which "Will" is banned?
If it isn't Will Parry from His Dark Materials, I nominate him.

StarlightAngel
09-08-2007, 10:30 PM
- Van Slanzar de Fanel (Escaflowne)
- Haseo (.Hack//GU)
- Ash (Phantom Brave)
- Flonne (Disgaea)
- Nagato Yuki (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)

Wheeeeee!

Lawr
09-08-2007, 11:40 PM
Uhhh, I nominate...
Ken Masters! I win! :mwahaha:

Laddy
09-09-2007, 01:16 AM
I will have...

Valygar, Edwin, Aerie, and Minsc, all from Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn.

I also want Zasalamel and Tira from Soul Calibur III/IV.

Depression Moon
09-09-2007, 07:57 PM

Acculty, This is for both Heros and Villans.

Also, Mario and Link can't be voted for, because they were in Beholds Tournament.

I replace mario and Link then with that villain robot from Terminator 2 and Magneto from the X-men.

Slicksword45
09-10-2007, 07:42 PM
I'v desided to run nomanations for another 4-ish days. I probley won't hit the expected 64, so i'll have to make due with however many we get :D