PDA

View Full Version : Uh this is sad

Reeno the Alchemist
09-08-2007, 01:54 AM
Ive had this game for like 4 years and never thought where the hell is the classical ff "victory music???"it didnt even cross my mind until now.I'm heart broken, i thought the victory music is what made final fantasy final fantasy =[

Jessweeee♪
09-08-2007, 02:18 AM
I did that too x.x

cloud21zidane16
09-08-2007, 02:15 PM
I was sad too:( Another bad point added to the list for this game:mad:

BG-57
09-08-2007, 02:53 PM
The music is one of the reasons that this game doesn't feel like an FF to me (another being the lack of controllable summons). While most of the music is unmemorable or annoying, I did find some standout tracks, including the Titles, Farplane Abyss, and Leblanc's theme.

pspkilla
09-08-2007, 04:48 PM
I loved the music in this game, one of my favorite sound tracks in any Final Fantasy, i especially loved the music from Besaid, The Farplane, Boss (and Aeon) battle music, even the victory fan fare too. And i loved the 1000 words FMV.

The Ceej
09-08-2007, 06:35 PM
The music wasn't bad. It just didn't fit the game. I have the soundtrack, but it doesn't seem to go with the game when I'm playing it. I understand Nobuo Uemastu was busy composing music for Final Fantasy XI at the time, but that doesn't mean they couldn't do the music in his style. I say they should have reused tracks from Final Fantasy X where appropriate and worked in the fanfare, the prologue, and the prelude. Then they should have done the rest of the tracks in Uematsu's style.

After all, Uematsu did very little work on Final Fantasy XII, but somehow they did this there. They have at least four of his previously written songs in it and one new one he composed, and it all seems to work with the music composed by the other composers. So yeah. The problem is they didn't care enough to make the music fit the game.

Reeno the Alchemist
09-08-2007, 06:55 PM
yea, i did like alot of the music: bikinel desert,1000 words,real emotion,machine faction,let me blow you a kiss~ and so on but still they suck for not having proper music.I think if they would've just added some origonal music to it, i think it would be more accepted by gamers ......maybe.......

Tg.cid
09-09-2007, 04:56 AM
did not notice the victory music

pspkilla
09-10-2007, 03:08 AM
i didn't like the music in FFXII that much, except a few tracks i thought were okay, but the gameplay more than made up for it.

Rostum
09-10-2007, 05:43 AM
It certainly had a few interesting pop/funk tracks in there, but the only music that I really thought standed out as Final Fantasy music was Memories of Lightwave, Besaid, and Yuna's Ballad.

Also, just for your information Ceej. Nobou Uematsu had little to do with Final Fantasy XI (I believe he only did a couple main songs and Longfall). Also, the Final Fantasy XII soundtrack is based off of Hitoshi Sakimoto and Masaharu Iwata's work from Final Fantasy Tactics. The only think Uematsu did was help get a theme song together.

The Ceej
09-10-2007, 02:58 PM
Also, just for your information Ceej. Nobou Uematsu had little to do with Final Fantasy XI (I believe he only did a couple main songs and Longfall). Also, the Final Fantasy XII soundtrack is based off of Hitoshi Sakimoto and Masaharu Iwata's work from Final Fantasy Tactics. The only think Uematsu did was help get a theme song together.

About my statements on Uematsu's involvement, I got my information about Final Fantasy XI from the retrospective linked in another thread on this site stating that he did about half the work on the original but none of it on the expansions.

As for Final Fantasy XII, according to the credits, he composed one song. This song had lyrics written by someone else. But at least four of his previous songs were used. The Prelude, The Prologue, The Fanfare, and Clash On The Big Bridge. So, what the other composers had to do is make it fit. Make it sound like Uematsu. They failed at this in Final Fantasy X-2. They didn't even try. My point was to show how it could be done as it was in Final Fantasy XI and XII, and that they chose to make the music not fit.

I believe I was perfectly clear on this in my first post, but maybe I wasn't.

pspkilla
09-10-2007, 03:21 PM
I heard a rumor that Uematsu might be working on the soundtrack for FFXIII, I hope it's true, I love his work!

Rostum
09-11-2007, 11:49 AM
About my statements on Uematsu's involvement, I got my information about Final Fantasy XI from the retrospective linked in another thread on this site stating that he did about half the work on the original but none of it on the expansions.

Well, they are wrong, but oh well. He did only a few things such as the opening theme song, Longfall, and a couple of others. I think he also did the lyrical song played in the CoP expansion, though I could be wrong.

As for Final Fantasy XII, according to the credits, he composed one song. This song had lyrics written by someone else. But at least four of his previous songs were used. The Prelude, The Prologue, The Fanfare, and Clash On The Big Bridge. So, what the other composers had to do is make it fit. Make it sound like Uematsu. They failed at this in Final Fantasy X-2. They didn't even try. My point was to show how it could be done as it was in Final Fantasy XI and XII, and that they chose to make the music not fit.

Final Fantasy XI doesn't really resemble Nobou Uematsu's work, save for the Chocobo theme and the tracks he wrote. Neither does Final Fantasy XII except for the track he did and a couple of remakes -- it sounds like the work of the composers of Final Fantasy Tactics.

I do agree that Final Fantasy X-2 just went way off course -- they had Final Fantasy X's soundtrack to refer to, and they ultimately failed.

The Ceej
09-11-2007, 01:40 PM
Maybe I'm wrong about it being meant to be in Uematsu's style. However, the general point stands that all the music fits in Final Fantasy XI and XII. Uematsu's music and the rest fit together seamlessly within the games. However, in Final Fantasy X-2, even though Uematsu had no part in it, just doesn't fit. I think it would have been better if it sounded more like the music from Final Fantasy X.

Again, the music's not bad. It just doesn't fit the game.

BG-57
09-12-2007, 02:53 AM
The biggest issue I have with FFX-2 is that, as a sequel, it violates the tone of the previous game. The music is a large part of that. Had it been a stand-alone game then it would have bothered me less.

I know that nobody wants to see her sing, but the j-pop song that you hear at the beginning would be far more appropriate for a diva like Leblanc. And I know it's really Leblanc singing it, but she's playing Yuna at the time, not herself.

Rostum
09-12-2007, 09:06 AM
Again, the music's not bad.

A lot of it is. :D Especially the lyrical songs. *shudders*

Markus. D
09-12-2007, 11:37 PM
Again, the music's not bad.

A lot of it is. :D Especially the lyrical songs. *shudders*

1000 Words is pretty :3!

But, I do dislike some of the music in this game, Namely the battle theme.

The Arena music is nice though... and I quite like the Boss/Aeon/Final Battle Themes.

It definetly has some lovely non-battle themes too.

Rostum
09-13-2007, 03:58 AM
1000 Words is pretty :3!

It's horrible.

It definetly has some lovely non-battle themes too.

Only 3 tracks.

The Ceej
09-13-2007, 03:52 PM
I see this thread has become an arugment about the quality of the music in the game. Time for me to quietly sneak out while no one is watching.

Nifleheim7
09-15-2007, 02:32 AM
I always thought that the music suited this game perfectly except for "memories of lightwave" and "Yuna's ballad".
These songs should have been in FFX.

blackmage_nuke
09-16-2007, 10:19 AM
I found the lack of the prelude, and prologue song more worrying. I instantly noticed the victory music, the lack of chocobo theme is also dissapointing.

There were only a few songs in this game i liked.

Dr.M
10-07-2007, 02:09 PM
its just not as fun without the victory music. i miss it lol

Markus. D
10-07-2007, 10:49 PM
I liked the music in the credits... that was sorta nice :]...

Jade is a blimey of a powerhouse.

ReloadPsi
10-07-2007, 10:55 PM
"This is sad" is the most redundant thread title one can possibly post in an FFX-2 forum. Okay, so I hold the game as a sort of guilty pleasure, but that's just me: I know the game is generally universally despised.

BG-57
10-08-2007, 12:27 AM
I'm willing to overlook a lot of the game's faults simply because it's fun. But it had the potential to be a great game instead of a good one. And it's always going to be FFX's poor stepsister.

Eiko Guy
10-12-2007, 05:09 AM
Memories of a cave or something like that. God It is sweet sweet sex.