PDA

View Full Version : So how are grips working out for you guys?

Crossblades
09-08-2007, 04:27 AM
Today I logged in for the first time in almost 3 weeks. I went to an AH and purchased my first grip for my Dragoon. So how are grips working out for you guys? Are they useful?

Del Murder
09-08-2007, 04:43 AM
I don't use any two handed weapons but I hear the updates to those were insane. Not so much the grips as the weapon skills and other things.

Ouch!
09-08-2007, 06:21 AM
I've heard frequent mentions of an update regarding two-handed weapons, but I don't know any of the details. Anyone care to enlighten me (or link me)?

oddler
09-08-2007, 06:53 AM
The following adjustments have been made to two-handed weapons:

- Two-handed weapons will now receive larger benefits from a character’s attributes, and will also inflict more damage when facing higher-level opponents or enemies with high defense.

- A new type of equipment known as “grips” can now be equipped in the sub-weapon slot while using a two-handed weapon.

*Grips cannot be used without a two-handed weapon equipped in the main weapon slot. **TP will be reset when changing or removing grips, in the same manner as for main weapon equipment changes.

:)

Beyond
09-08-2007, 08:42 AM
The whole "1 STR = 1 Attack, 1 DEX = 1 Acc." is the meat of the two-handed weapon upgrade. Grips are just the new alternate equipment type for ammo equipment slot.

Del Murder
09-08-2007, 08:44 AM
The first one was the real kicker. I think it sets 1 Dex = 1 Acc and 1 Str = 1 Atk for 2hand rather than 2 Dex = 1 Acc, 2 Str = 1 Atk.

I was in a party as Blue Mage today and the SAM and WAR's regular hits were doing more damage than my best spell, and hitting more often.

Beyond
09-08-2007, 08:52 AM
This is why the Acc. market's crashing. WAR, DRK, SAM and DRG are all better off with +DEX for weapon skill modifiers.

The smartest thing to do right now would be buy a scorpion harness/other good acc. gear while the market's down before Square decide to nerf the update.

Del Murder
09-08-2007, 05:52 PM
Yep, get em while they're down! SE will almost certainly nerf this in some degree. Pld should not have more accuracy with a staff than with a sword. :o

Ouch!
09-08-2007, 06:15 PM
That is abso-lutely-freaking awesome and would probably make being a dark knight (which I rather enjoyed) bearable. A shame my room mate has announced he's going to do everything in his power to stop me from going back.

Siegfried
09-14-2007, 04:40 AM
I personally think they do not make that much a difference with the exception of one or two...relly then only help SAM, DRK and DRG...really

Ouch!
09-15-2007, 04:30 AM
I personally think they do not make that much a difference with the exception of one or two...relly then only help SAM, DRK and DRG...really
I'm mostly excited about the drop in the necessity for accuracy equipment. This frees up a lot of slots that I can put towards STR to make a tarutaru DRK a little more feasible.

Beyond
09-15-2007, 11:14 AM
The Pankration update included a slight nerf to 2-handed weapons. They keep the 1str=1atk etc, but the damage output is slightly more random.

Jimsour
09-17-2007, 08:25 AM
I havent logged on much in a month so I havent tried the grips but I'm probably going to just save a bit of cash and get a decent one instead.

Looking forward to trying out my DRK, I was already doing great damage for lv72.