PDA

View Full Version : Gameplay

ff is da best
09-08-2007, 09:00 AM
what is the gameplay like is it like all ff's or is it like dirge of cerberus.

Vivisteiner
09-08-2007, 04:32 PM
^For FFXIII, the gameplay has not been confirmed. But the battling will be active and their wont be random battles. It wont be a shooter either. There could be a slo-mo function.

Hyperion4444
09-08-2007, 10:14 PM
It starts out like FFXII, you encounter a monster in real time, character says ''there'S a monster'' you enter battle with it, and the battle is like FFVII/FFVIII and ATB is used.

In other words, you see the enemies ''no random encounters'' and then you fight ''ATB fights''

To anyone who played Super Mario RPG SNES, it's very similar to what the producers are saying and that game.

tidus_rox
09-09-2007, 08:12 PM
To anyone who played Super Mario RPG SNES, it's very similar to what the producers are saying and that game.

Are you sure? SMRPG, you enter an actual battle, while in XII the battle arena is not limited. I think it will be identical to XII, however with an ATB gague and none of those funky lines :D

Hyperion4444
09-09-2007, 09:40 PM

Are you sure? SMRPG, you enter an actual battle, while in XII the battle arena is not limited. I think it will be identical to XII, however with an ATB gague and none of those funky lines :D

Exactly! It's an actual ATB combat with battle music and everything the likes of FFVII and FFVIII minus the random encounters. Get it? Touch the monster, enter combat, but not quite like that either. The character tells you, look a monster instead of touching it 'when you come close'.

Gnostic Yevon
10-10-2007, 01:53 AM

Exactly! It's an actual ATB combat with battle music and everything the likes of FFVII and FFVIII minus the random encounters. Get it? Touch the monster, enter combat, but not quite like that either. The character tells you, look a monster instead of touching it 'when you come close'.

So it's something like Grandia or Star Ocean? I'm trying to get a mental piccy here.

Laddy
10-10-2007, 02:29 AM

So it's something like Grandia or Star Ocean? I'm trying to get a mental piccy here.
Kind of, by what I've seen, it's more film-like.

VeloZer0
10-10-2007, 09:24 PM
Chrono Trigger?

Markus. D
10-20-2007, 04:19 AM
Let's wait shall we :]

Hyperion4444
10-20-2007, 04:16 PM
Versus has more Action 'more live Action I presume'
XIII is the good old ATB.

Comet
10-28-2007, 12:26 AM
I heard the fighting would be like Kingdom of Hearts.

Remedy
11-10-2007, 03:20 PM
so it might be real time rpg

I mess the old game play

do ffx remake plz >.<"

Bolivar
11-12-2007, 09:20 PM
Chrono Trigger?

That's what I was hoping. It doesn't seem like there's any real info yet, but considering the way SE (this particular FF team especially) utilizes each system to its capacity, I think we're in for some good stuff.

tidus_rox
11-25-2007, 02:44 AM
Ok this is the real deal :P

The battle system is like XII's. You see a monser, and your charaters react. You do not enter a battle screan like Star Ocean. According to Wiki, your character can queue up to five actions. For example, 'attack' 'fire' 'defend' etc, etc.

Each one of these attacks (or actions) are assigned an ATB value. Once the ATB gague is full, you complete the action on the top of the list.

There is also a mode you can enter called "overclock." It is similar to FF IX's Trance. You are englufed in a blue aura and I am guessing your attacks are given a boost while in this mode.

Can't wait for this game!

sir helix
11-25-2007, 03:18 AM
the ff12 battal system was good i admitt but if only se would keep it to that game and bring back good ol random enconters

Raebus
11-25-2007, 09:58 AM
No thanks to random encounters, I like seeing the enemies and not witnessing a loading screen or black or whatever.

Shadow Bahamut
11-26-2007, 09:02 PM
Should be more like World of Warcraft then, without online play. :P

Captain Maxx Power
11-26-2007, 09:49 PM
Should be more like World of Warcraft then, without online play. :P

Just what we need, another offline MMORPG experience snooze-fest a la 12. I really hope they don't screw it up this time I really do.

Roto13
11-29-2007, 07:09 PM
hoo carez abot te gamplay ff is abot storrys i hop ther wil b a luv storry cuz thtas wat ff is abot scroow xii i mis shiva cuz she haz bloo tities

LunarWeaver
11-29-2007, 07:58 PM
Roto is cruel :bigsmile:

They're saying the gameplay will be all fast-like. I hope it's sexy like in X-2. I HOPE LIGHTNING BREAKS OUT INTO SONG AND IT'S A MINI-GAME.

cloud21zidane16
11-29-2007, 08:15 PM
Roto is cruel :bigsmile:

They're saying the gameplay will be all fast-like. I hope it's sexy like in X-2. I HOPE LIGHTNING BREAKS OUT INTO SONG AND IT'S A MINI-GAME.

No way!!! :D

ff is da best
11-29-2007, 11:37 PM
i posted this thread ages ago......
and i totally agree with cloud21zidane16

Loony BoB
12-17-2007, 04:36 PM
Bwahahaha, if they actually say "Look, there's a monster!" I'm going to laugh so hard.

I've personally always been a fan of the possibility of random encounters without any loading required. Like, you're running around and then suddenly a monster jumps out of the forest, or something. None of this "Monsters only ever walk where there is a large open space" nonsense. I mean, realistically, most monsters would smell you if they were downwind... that would be awesome. You just stare downwind and suddenly there's a pack of wolves charging at you from the distance and gaining on you very quickly.

Sefie1999AD
12-21-2007, 02:55 PM

I was thinking more along the lines of Chrono Trigger according to the description by Hyperion4444.

tidus_rox
12-21-2007, 07:40 PM
Yes but Hyperion4444 is wrong :P