PDA

View Full Version : Weapons

ff is da best
09-08-2007, 09:10 AM
who knows sum monsters that drop strong weapons in the game.
For example i manged to get a slegdehammer from humbaba in the morphan highwaste and a kotetsu from warewolve in the giza plains.
any1 know any other monsters to get strong weapons from????????

BG-57
09-08-2007, 02:48 PM
Once you can get back into the Barheim Passage, you can steal a weapon called Deathbringer from a rare game called Ithuno, which mimics a treasure chest. It's a dandy one-handed sword that formed the backbone of my party's arsenal right up until I got better weapons like the Zodiac Spear, Excalibur, and eventually the Tournesol.

Formalhaut
09-08-2007, 08:25 PM
I lovd it when I got the kotusu Katana from the werewolf.. I like getting something which I can get in the shops yet!

BG-57
09-09-2007, 03:30 AM
Kotetsu is the strongest weapon you can get right at the beginning of the game. Roughly double in power than anything store-bought.

IIRC you can get the ninja sword Danjuro as a rare drop from the rare game Bombshell in Lhusu Mines extension. 12% chance at best.

Namelessfengir
09-09-2007, 04:09 AM
i got some really great mystic armor that i didn't take off til archades

MustangCobraSVT
09-09-2007, 03:38 PM
I got the Zwill Crossblade wayyyyyyy before i could buy it, it was awesome.

Formalhaut
09-09-2007, 09:07 PM
how do you get the Zwill Crossblade?
I like its design..

Fantasy Moogle
09-10-2007, 02:44 AM
The best weapon to get is the Deathbringer:mog:

sefirosu
09-10-2007, 04:12 PM
Like what others have said, Deathbringer is the strongest weapon to get early on in the game. But it might effectively kill off any enjoyment you intend on getting with this game, since most of the time, you're only going to one-shot your enemies.

Dirufan
09-11-2007, 01:43 AM
Kotetsu is the strongest weapon you can get right at the beginning of the game. Roughly double in power than anything store-bought.

IIRC you can get the ninja sword Danjuro as a rare drop from the rare game Bombshell in Lhusu Mines extension. 12% chance at best.

The Yagyu Darkblade drops from the Bombshell, and the Danjuro drops from the Larva Eater in the Great Crystal. Both are too insanely stupid-hard to get.

ff is da best
09-11-2007, 11:15 AM
you can also get a burning bow from dive talon early in the game, but you have to chain them. atk:63.

PeneloRatsbane
09-11-2007, 12:29 PM
i'm after the saggitarrius bow to give to Balthier, but its so tricky cos of the moon rings and the incredibly annoying great crystal where the ash wyrms are, i have the dragoon monograph but still i can't gettem

ff is da best
09-12-2007, 08:48 AM
you can find a ash wyrm in the morphan highwaste.
the place where u fight exodus but u have to have beaten him first in order for the ash wyrm to appear gud luck.
i have all the ingrediants for the ashwyrm but i need 2 more moon rings.

PeneloRatsbane
09-12-2007, 01:20 PM
ah thanks, i took ur advice and i went there and got the moon rings, now i have a sagitarrius bow yay!
what i did was just kept fighting the ash worm, defeating it, the ran back to he babbling vale and flew the strahl to phon coast and back to mosphoron and the ash worm had regenerated, after a while i got the moon rings

ff is da best
09-12-2007, 01:32 PM
ah thanks, i took ur advice and i went there and got the moon rings, now i have a sagitarrius bow yay!
what i did was just kept fighting the ash worm, defeating it, the ran back to he babbling vale and flew the strahl to phon coast and back to mosphoron and the ash worm had regenerated, after a while i got the moon rings

was it easier? then going to giruvegan great crystal
i havent unlocked that part yet becoz im still on to jahara.

PeneloRatsbane
09-12-2007, 06:40 PM
yeah The great crystal is the most annoying area in the game, its all gates and waystones and the map (well there isn't one) but the one in my guide is just as difficult to read, i try to avoid it cos once ur in it can take ages to get out

BG-57
09-12-2007, 11:02 PM
I found the most reliable way to navigate the Great Crystal is to copy one of the maps from gamefaqs.com and then annotate it as you actually go through the Crystal. What I added to mine was the name of each section and whether the exits went up or down. It's extra work initially but it saves you from getting lost in the long run.

ff is da best
09-13-2007, 07:17 AM
i have just got me 3 defenders from chaining leynir in the nabreus deadlands.