PDA

View Full Version : Graphics in 1080p!

Hyperion4444
09-08-2007, 10:31 PM
This is yet to be confirmed, althought sources says it may as well be it.

Resolution TV:

480=TV
720=TV+1/2
1080=TVx2.25

I=Interface=30Frame/Seconds
P=Progressif=60Frame/Seconds

The Highest Display of High-Definition: 1080p.

3 things are happening for it to be real.
Let's face it, with the PS3 broadband engine with it's massif SCP, Square-Enix White Engine and the importance of this game in the series. Most likely to be in 1080p, have you just seen the graphics!? It's much better than any of the other games out there either it is or isn't. If it isn't, well it's a good excuse for other compagny to say why FFXIII graphics was superior quality.

13 reasons why it will have 1080p.

-PS3 Cell Broadband Engine
-Square-Enix's White Engine
-20 years in the making
-Part of Fabula Nova Crystallis Compelation
-Square-Enix First PS3 Game
-PS3 true real RPG (minus Enchanted Arms)
-PS3 Exclusif
-First Kitase Game since X-2
-Next-Gen Game
-First Next-Gen Final Fantasy
-First PS3 Final Fantasy
-Square-Enix's commitment to always push the system to the limits.
-...Because it's Final Fantasy

Other confirmed titles who will be made in 1080p.
None (unless Heavenly Sword)
Heavenly Sword bythe way has a few hundreds of triggers and animation just for her hair!!!!

Released Titles:
-Lair (Power of the motion sensor, easy to use, if you don't panic)

Let's just hope it happens, it has to happen.
Until then, TGS.

Renmiri
09-09-2007, 12:54 AM
From your words to Square's ears! :love:

ReloadPsi
09-09-2007, 02:20 PM
I'm not sure what difference 1080p is supposed to make, so I'm just gonna keep holding out for TIVs.

Jessweeee♪
09-09-2007, 04:48 PM
Not to mention that the gorgeous graphics we've seen so far are just a work in progress O:

Darth Tjador
09-09-2007, 06:14 PM
1080p is alotdiffrent from graphics that the cutscences look so realistic...yay!!!

tidus_rox
09-09-2007, 08:10 PM
I don't know. The cutscenes do look beautiful, that's for sure, however games like Heavenly Sword are far more superior... graphics wise.

Vivisteiner
09-09-2007, 10:23 PM
^Are they really?

What makes you say that?

Dragonsoul
09-11-2007, 02:43 AM
I want to get one of these high quality tv's! Currently I have a regular 25" or 26" tv from 2000, it's just a regular one, not sure what the name of this type is. It's Samsung.

The letters on the screen blur together kinda, it's not sharp. Also, it doesn't have a headphones plus on the front, which I would like.

Currently, if I want a high quality 26" tv(LCD, Plasma, etc) it's gonna costs like $400 or something, not ready to get that yet.

When Final Fantasy XIII comes out, I should probably buy a new tv by that time.

Oh, I think Square's rpg The Last Remnant, which comes out next year in the Spring, is for PS 3. That game probably won't be too important, I checked who was designing the game, no big names really.

Which has better graphic design, FF XIII, or Lost Odyssey? That's close to me so far.

Nifleheim7
09-11-2007, 01:15 PM
Oh, I think Square's rpg The Last Remnant, which comes out next year in the Spring, is for PS 3. That game probably won't be too important, I checked who was designing the game, no big names really.

That's not very logical you know...
A game doesn't need famous developers to be good,even the famous ones started as unknowns.
The reviews on Blue Dragon (as you have already mentioned in another topic)weren't very high and they have a "dream team" of developers.

As for the topic,yeah i'll buy a HDTV as soon as i buy a PS3 (not earlier than December 2008).
For now i'm very happy with my Philips 20" tv.
A friend of mine has a Thompson 32" LCD,and i can say with all honesty that my lil' tv has a sharper resolution than his:D

Bolivar
09-13-2007, 08:57 PM
I don't know. The cutscenes do look beautiful, that's for sure, however games like Heavenly Sword are far more superior... graphics wise.

I saw a piece on HS yesterday and while it does look really amazing with their techniques with facial expressions it doesn't look that much above the few shots we've seen so far of XIII.

Serapy
09-13-2007, 09:22 PM
I'm not sure what difference 1080p is supposed to make, so I'm just gonna keep holding out for TIVs.

1080p means that the resolution of the picture is 1,920 vertical pixels by 1,080 horizontal pixels and p stands again for progressive scanning. This format works on the same principle as 720p; the only difference is that in this type there are more pixels and the resolution is better.

I guess I'll buy a 1080p Plasma TV some day.

Hyperion4444
09-30-2007, 04:14 PM

1080p means that the resolution of the picture is 1,920 vertical pixels by 1,080 horizontal pixels and p stands again for progressive scanning. This format works on the same principle as 720p; the only difference is that in this type there are more pixels and the resolution is better.

I guess I'll buy a 1080p Plasma TV some day.

Don't go with Plasma TVs for games, the picture color is off so you can't see all the Beautifull Details (Everyone Says This).
Go with LCDs.

terus01
10-01-2007, 03:57 PM

That's not very logical you know...
A game doesn't need famous developers to be good,even the famous ones started as unknowns.
The reviews on Blue Dragon (as you have already mentioned in another topic)weren't very high and they have a "dream team" of developers.

Yeah, I am agree. If everybody only want a senior designer, then there will be no future designers for sure. Know what I mean?

Dragonsoul
10-01-2007, 07:55 PM
Yea a game can be great with great designers and with unknown designers. My point is that I think if you are in a situation where there are two games coming out that you like, like The Last Remnant and White Knight Story(from Level 5), it's more likely that the game from the proven high quality developers will be better. Remember how when a top game is announced and the development team is announced and it's people who are high skilled and have proven themselves to consistently make great games. That's what I'm talking about. The game The Last Remnant may be great!

Bolivar
10-11-2007, 10:11 PM
I don't know about 1080p but I just watched the XIII HD version on my laptop's high def screen and I have to say...

Damn...

Dragonsoul
10-12-2007, 12:40 AM
Yea this is great. Bolivar, what type of tv do you have? I have a regular 25" one from Samsung. Next year I'm going to buy a 32" HD and/or LCD and/or Plasma or something like that type of tv. I need to research this. Hopefully I can get a good Sony one. I think I may spend $600-$800 on this.

Bolivar
10-13-2007, 05:47 AM
Yea this is great. Bolivar, what type of tv do you have? I have a regular 25" one from Samsung. Next year I'm going to buy a 32" HD and/or LCD and/or Plasma or something like that type of tv. I need to research this. Hopefully I can get a good Sony one. I think I may spend $600-$800 on this.

well right now in my room at college I have this really big but kinda old phillips, it's not really that great, there's weird lines on the screen, not really obstructing anything, i guess it's hard to explain. It's cool though to have a big screen and my stereo system more than makes up for it. Having a good sound environment really helps the game experience.

I watched the XIII trailer on my laptop, my new HP, which has a really good monitor/graphics card (ok card, good for laptops though) so it's widescreen w/ high-def. That's what I watched the trailer on, and it looked amazing, I have to take more advantage of it.

Hyperion4444
10-21-2007, 08:17 PM
The best ones are the 1080p LCD Sony Bravia.
48-50 inch wide screen TV.
There the best.
Edit: 47 to 55 that I know of.

McLovin'
10-27-2007, 12:15 AM
You can't play games on plasma's btw...bad quality usually and destroy's the TV.