PDA

View Full Version : Help With Chocobos.

Shawn88
09-09-2007, 08:02 AM
I have finally decided to breed a gold chocobo, and I catch some chocobos, I have bought a stable, and when I go to Choco Billy and ask to move them into a stable, it goes to the screen and he gives his evaluation, but there's never an option asking if I want to move them into a stable or let them go. There's probably some stupid answer to why it's not working but I can't figure it out. If anyone could help me, I'd really appreciate it.

By the way, I would have introduced myself in the Intro section, but it's like 3AM here and I'm kinda frustrated, lol. I'll do it later. But, hi all.

Mo-Nercy
09-09-2007, 08:22 AM
Seems a bit odd. Now if you've got a stable bought and you can see the Chocobo you caught outside in the pen before you speak to Billy. He SHOULD be asking you to move chocobos inside.

Shawn88
09-09-2007, 08:27 AM
Yeah, thats what I thought. I've bought a stable 3 times.. and I can see the 4 chocobos outside in the fenced in area. He just doesn't give me the option to put it in the stable. He just tells me how what he thinks of them. Grr so frustrating.

Seal Evil
09-09-2007, 11:19 AM
I thought that you have to talk to Choco Billy & he says something like: "What do you want to do?" & after that, there are options:

Buy
Feeding chocobos
Mating chocobos
Moving chocoobos
Releasing chocobos
Never mind

...etc. You have to choose 'Moving chocobos' & then he should say "Which one do you want to move?" & then it takes you to the screen that shows the chocobos. Then you select whatever one, & he will say "Are you sure?" or something. After that the chocobo should've been moved from outside into a stable.

Also, if you are just starting, i.e. trying to breed green & blue chocobos, you need to catch a 'great' female & male, which you find in the Mideel area. The great ones are found with one or two of those purple/pink spiral looking monsters that start to spin.

You need to mate the two great chocobos using a Carob nut, which you receive after defeating one of those red dragon looking monsters, found in the Icicle area.

It takes some time doing all this breeding! Coz like, if you make a green female chocobo, obviously you will need a blue male chocobo. At the moment I keep coming up with blue females, lol. :mad2: & you can't mate the same to yellow chocobos straight after they've already made a baby; you need to go out & catch two more. :eep:

Polaris
09-09-2007, 11:23 AM
To have a gold chocobo I think you must have a black chocobo with another one I think it's a blue or green and breed it with something :D I remember when I had my gold chocobo! It was so cute, I was so happy!:love:

Seal Evil
09-09-2007, 11:26 AM
^ To make a black chocobo you need to mate your blue & green one with a Carob nut.

To make the gold, you need to catch a 'wonderful' yellow one, in the Icicle area, found with one or two jumping rabbits. You need to mate that with the black one, using a Zeio(sp?) nut, which you can steal off a goblin, in Goblin Island.

It helps if you race all your chocobos at the Gold Saucer & get them to a higher class. Although, I didn't do that the last time I made a gold one, but it took me forever.

Shawn88
09-09-2007, 05:32 PM
Thanks for your help everyone, but I found out why it wasn't working, and like I said it was a stupid answer, and had nothing to do with the chocobos, lol.

I usually change the controller settings so that "X" is the select button instead of "O", and if it wasn't 3AM and had my mind fixed on there was something I wasn't doing, I would have realized that I had to change it back so that "O" was the select button. Kind of makes me feel dumb.

Now for going to breed a Gold Chocobo. I've played FF7 a lot of times, but I never felt much like doing chocobo breeding. But that means I've never had the Knights of Round materia, which is the whole reason I'm attempting this. xD

Tallulah
09-09-2007, 05:39 PM
Thanks for your help everyone, but I found out why it wasn't working, and like I said it was a stupid answer, and had nothing to do with the chocobos, lol.

I usually change the controller settings so that "X" is the select button instead of "O", and if it wasn't 3AM and had my mind fixed on there was something I wasn't doing, I would have realized that I had to change it back so that "O" was the select button. Kind of makes me feel dumb.

Oh, God, that happened to me; that is why I smufed up the parade minigame as well! :mad2:

Breeding Chocobos is one of my favourite parts of the game. My tips? Buy yourself a Lifetime pass to the Gold Saucer (mastering an All Materia and then selling it will give you more than enough cash and help with feeding and stable costs, too. :) )

Shawn88
09-09-2007, 05:48 PM
Oh, God, that happened to me; that is why I smufed up the parade minigame as well! :mad2:

Oh yeah, I screwed that up too. Not fair. :(

I JUST sold a Master All materia before I read that. I <3 Money. :love: