PDA

View Full Version : How do you defeat Dark Yojimbo?

Gennosuke
09-09-2007, 03:13 PM
I have only been able to defeat the first two=[ which seriously sucks:cry:

jeo2388
09-09-2007, 04:07 PM
you need high defence and stoneproof is a must.. quick hit+copycap is the way to go.. and remember to dispel his breaks after kozuka.. shdnt be too hard..

and dude, dont beat him in an early stage, bcoz he will really help you in collecting ribbon armors and dark matters

ReloadPsi
09-09-2007, 04:13 PM
First off, you mustn't save in between fights: You gotta do all five in a row.

Armour needs Stoneproof, Auto-Phoenix.

Weapons need Break Damage Limit and Triple Overdrive.

Use Wakka, Tidus and Rikku and set your Overdrive mode on Comrade.

Every time you get attacked, Wakka uses Attack Reels, Tidus uses Slice and Dice (tends to do more damage than Blitz Ace as well as recover quicker) and Rikku uses Hyper Mighty G to counter Wakizashi.

If Rikku gets a turn and a character currently lacks Auto Life status, have her re-cast it. If everyone's still got that, have her Quick Hit instead.

If you're strong enough, you'll easily take him down before he can use Zanmato (which comes out as soon as he overdrives). If he gets a full meter, switch Yuna in to summon your least favourite Aeon (bye bye Valefor!) to take the hit.

Dark Yojimbo is one of the easiest Dark Aeons to beat, and the best part is that you can abuse his infinity (kill the first four forms then save and return to the Airship) to get a ton of Dark Matter.

Firo Volondé
09-10-2007, 08:29 AM
It's not as bad as that, Psi. You can save between fights, just don't reset. :p

Don't use Stoneproof, use Ribbon instead, since it actually protects against Daigoro. Auto-Haste and Auto-Phoenix are also highly recommended. Have as many Celestial Weapons as you can (Masamune, Nirvana and Onion Knight work best, since they aren't weakened by your character being in critical). Spam Quick Hit and Aim (iirc, he has insane evasion). The only reason to perma-kill Yojimbo (five wins without resetting) is to fight Penance, so you should max your stats before trying it. Get a ton of Ribbon armour first, though, so you can experiment with different configurations of abilities (Auto-Haste, Phoenix, Protect, Potion, BHPL, etc.) without having to collect 99 Dark Matters each time.

sefirosu
09-10-2007, 05:26 PM
If you're doing this w/out BHPL armour, make sure you have these 3 abilities attached to your armour: Auto-Haste, Auto-Protect and Defence +20% (Auto-Potion/Stoneproof/Ribbon for the last slot but you can just leave it blank like I did). A 255 Defence stat is essential for surviving Wakizashi. 255 Agility will grant you a decent amount of turns to attack, heal, dispel break effects, and remove petrification. Having 255 Accuracy and Luck somewhere in the 100s will ensure that none of your attacks miss him. I don't think other stats matter much as long as you're dealing 99,999 damage with every hit.

Once your equipment is sorted, the strategy to fight him and gain many Dark Matters/Ribbon armours is pretty much what others have suggested.

Bingo_Morris
02-18-2008, 10:15 AM
I wouldnt say 255 stats are esential, my stats are around 180 - 200 and so long as I have...

Auto-Haste
Auto-Pheonix
Break HP Limit (although it doesnt matter how much hp you have)
Ribbon

He really doesnt pose too great a problem. These armour abilities are essential for your main members.
Ribbon is esential because the only thing that kept finishing me off with Dark Yojimbo was Petrification with an immediate shatter effect (which stoneproof doesnt work well against). I never knew Dark Aeons dropped armour with Ribbon (although it normally doesnt have everything else you need) and killed DArk Valefore, Ifrit, Ixion and Shiva without collecting any so I went round the hard way. I captured all the fiends for 99 Dark Matter, fought One Eye in the monster arena about 200 times for the other 99 and I'm trying to get my last one. I know I can bribe Land Worms for 675,000 for 4 but thats just annoying, anybody have any other suggestions?

Vivisteiner
02-18-2008, 04:42 PM
Just summon Yojimbo and get him to do Zanmato.

Jessweeee♪
02-21-2008, 12:00 AM
WHAT? You get Dark Aeons AND Ribbon??

leejihoon
03-16-2008, 11:27 AM
Simpler method.
You need three characters, one of which should be Yuna.
Raise Strength as high as possible (255 is best, but 200+ should be enough), MP to around 500 (but Lulu and Yuna can make do with base MP thanks to one MP cost), Agility to at least 170(you don't need to go any higher than 170 as it makes no difference, however 169 is not enough), raising Luck can help (I had about 50-60). Other stats, including HP and defence, are not important. Learn Aim and Quick Hit. Equip Auto-Haste armours and fully powered celestial weapons. For the first battle, start Yuna with a First Strike weapon rather than celestial (You may want to do this in every battle, just in case he ambushes you again, but the first battle is a *guaranteed* ambush so make sure you at least have it for that).

In battle, the first rule is - have Yuna summon as close as possible to Dark Yojimbo's turn. If she won't get another turn before Dark Yojimbo, try switching weapon and see if that will get her another turn before DY but after other characters. If you had Yuna equipped with First Strike, be sure to change to celestial weapon. Have other characters, and Yuna on her spare turns, use Aim five times, then after that, Quick Attack. Using Luck 5 times can help a little bit, although it only increases your chance of successfully hitting by 5% total(not per use, but overall) so it probably isn't worth it. Thanks to Quick Hit and Haste, you'll get two to three turns per character (one to two for Yuna, due to summoning) for every turn Dark Yojimbo gets. So, since you only need to kill him by his ninth turn, you get plenty of attacks. Even if you miss fairly often, you should be able to take him down before his 9th turn without a problem. Be sure to have your Aeons use their special attacks for extra damage. If your aeons are strong, the elemental overdrives, Energy Ray and Mega Flare can be worth using. However, obviously you don't want to use Zanmato(or else you wouldn't worry about a strategy), and Anima's overdrive isn't very effective in this battle - you're likely to get better results from using Pain instead. Delta Attack may or may not do well, give it a go if you want.

Between each battle, return to the save sphere. You can save if you want (so that if you do somehow lose, you keep the equipment and stuff you've won), but don't reset, as this sends you back to the first battle. The reason for going to the sphere is to revive your aeons for the next battle. Be careful after the second battle - there's a three-way fork in the path soon after, go to the RIGHT. If you go towards the screen, you'll miss the 3rd battle and walk out of the cave, thus restarting the sequence.

It sounds complicated, but in simple:

(You only need three characters, one of which must be Yuna)
* 200+ Str, 500+ MP, 170+ Agi, 30+ Luck (the more, the better for Luck, the others aren't too useful beyond the given levels). Other stats are unnessecary.
* First Strike for Yuna in first battle, celestial weapons for all, Auto-Haste for all
* If Yuna starts the battle with First Strike, don't forget to switch to Nirvana
* Everyone needs Aim and Quick Hit
* Summon as close as possible before Yojimbo's turn, use the aeon's special attack or overdrive in this case
* Use Aim 5 times at the start of battle, after that, Quick Hit on any spare turns
* Dark Yojimbo should easily go down before his 9th turn, which is when you won't have spare aeons

(The exact same strategy can also be used for Dark Valefor, except you'll probably end up finishing her off before her 2nd turn. I have strategies at these stats for all optional bosses except Penance, PM me for more info)

Jaffamitsu
03-17-2008, 04:40 PM
Don't that just kind of destroy the point of looking for a challenge?

jeo2388
04-16-2008, 02:22 PM
you forgot to mention you need 100+ luck to actually hit him :p

Heath
04-18-2008, 11:52 AM
Don't that just kind of destroy the point of looking for a challenge?

I suppose it does, but it's how I got rid of some annoying Dark Aeons in my first playthrough when I couldn't be bothered training to have everyone strong enough to beat them. A bit boring, but it gets them out the way.