PDA

View Full Version : Broke a record breaking my game

ReloadPsi
09-09-2007, 04:03 PM
I just damaged a game to the point where it will not load by tossing my controller at the console when I got really pissed off with it. Have you ever done this?

This is a new record for me, as it happened within two days of purchasing the (fortunately second hand for a fiver) game. The same controller is currently missing its R1 and R2 buttons, or rather when I reattach them they stay pressed down constantly.

Oh, and to pre-empt any replies that will no doubt appear, yes I know I have some anger management issues :P I learned everything I know about rage from my dad ^_^

aquatius
09-09-2007, 05:55 PM
What game?

LunarWeaver
09-09-2007, 11:41 PM
I treat mine like not-babies, as I'd sooner throw a baby than my controller around. My brother does, though, and he broke one of mine one time :sad: I buried it and lit a candle.

Slothy
09-10-2007, 12:06 AM
No I haven't done this since I know how to just set the game down and walk away, and don't feel the need to spend butt loads of money replacing things if I decide to break them.

Jiro
09-10-2007, 10:00 AM
I don't break them, but my brother loves to break my stuff and then make me pay for new stuff

Bunny
09-10-2007, 01:05 PM
I punch people when I am angry. I spent money on my games!

Madame Adequate
09-10-2007, 04:48 PM
I might shout at the screen, or thump the table if I think something is particular BS, but I don't get riled up by games like I used to for the most part.

Tallulah
09-10-2007, 06:01 PM
I used to bang my controller on the (concrete) floor if I got frustrated with a game. The worst thing that happened was the vibrate function broke on the left side of the controller.

Though I once threw a Wet Wet Wet CD against the wall, repeatedly, until it broke. :p I have too much respect for games (even if they are crap!) to do that.

oddler
09-10-2007, 11:48 PM
The most heated thing I do is probably just say, "Spoon fuck," or something similar when I die. Doesn't hurt anybody and it makes me laugh every now and then. :shifty:

Ouch!
09-11-2007, 05:44 AM
I've yet to break anything out of anger while playing a video game, but I find the idea rather hilarious.

Lynx
09-11-2007, 06:25 AM
games i rarely break. controllers i spend more money on then games. super nintendo controllers took the worst beatings. sucks after so many years i wanted to play super metroid played for a few days got pissed broke the controller. and super nintendo controllers are much harder to replace then play station controllers.

NaroK
09-11-2007, 09:39 AM
Back in the day of the N64 all my mates and i would get together and play bond (goldeneye i think it was). We went through a few controllers due to his tileld floor ;) But nowadays days games are easier so yea.

Oh cept my guitar hero guitar control and copped a few beatings haha

Ill think of more soon;)