PDA

View Full Version : Twilight Princess or Wind Waker?

The Fat Bioware Nerd
09-09-2007, 05:21 PM
Which Zelda game do you like better Twilight Princess or Wind Waker?

Rase
09-09-2007, 05:27 PM
Twilight Princess, easily. I just liked pretty much everything in it better.

Nominus Experse
09-09-2007, 06:13 PM
The answer ought to be obvious

Eiko Guy
09-09-2007, 06:32 PM
...it kinda is obvious.

Vermachtnis
09-09-2007, 07:23 PM
Zelda is one of those rare series that just gets better with time. Even though I like the cartoony graphics and over all funness of Wind Waker, Twighlight Princess gets my vote for simply being so huge for a Zelda game and not get boring.

Renmiri
09-09-2007, 07:35 PM
I voted for WW because it is just so timeless. Of course the newer Zelda has better graphics and such though

scrumpleberry
09-09-2007, 07:48 PM
I...I just can't decide! I loved twilight princess but some of the styles of the characters put me off a bit. But then the twilight realm was so wonderful. Wind Waker I loved and the art style was so gorgeous it blew me away.

Yes I'm comparing based on graphics because gameplay and plot wise I thought they were both super fabbylicious.

*head explodes*

Ouch!
09-09-2007, 09:34 PM
Wind Waker was perhaps the worst Legend of Zelda game I have ever had the displeasure of playing. To simplify the matter, let us look at the major drawback of each game:

Twilight Princess: wolf form
It was pretty bad when you were forced to play as the world for extended periods of time throughout the first half of the game (Lanyruu Province anyone?), but afterwards it wasn't that bad.

Wind Waker: sailing
Worst game mechanic ever. Seriously, even once warping became available, it was the most painful manner of getting around the world ever. The tedium just about ruined an otherwise good game for me.

If Twilight Princess was up against Ocarina of Time, competition might be a little closer (although not in TP's favor).

Skyblade
09-10-2007, 03:53 AM
Twilight Princess, easy. The game was extremely well executed, and was nonstop fun. Excellent controls, perfectly flowing gameplay, and even Wolf form (which some people thought was a little gimmicky when they heard about it) worked well. Lovely dungeons, and a beautiful world.

While Wind Waker was a decent game, it suffered greatly from the sailing. Not only did this make travel more tedious than in any other Zelda game (and force you to spend more time sailing than doing anything else), it made overworld combat consist of sailing away. Boat combat was even more annoying than the sailing was. While you had a huge world, it was mostly water, with an end result of fewer dungeons than LttP, OoT, or TP had (5 dungeons and a bunch of caves). So much of the game was wasted on sailing. If it had a real world to explore, this competition might be close, but as it is, it is Twilight Princess hands down.

KentaRawr!
09-10-2007, 10:52 AM
I preferred the experience I got with the Wind Waker, actually. Both are great games, but Twilight Princess really suffered from getting an item, using it for that dungeon, and never seeing it again. The enemies were really easy, as were the bosses and dungeons. Wind Waker was easy too, but not quite as easy as this. Wind Waker at least had some cool puzzles in the dungeons. I liked how you'd find Sword Abilities, but there were so few sword-fighting enemies, it didn't really matter too much. Plus, none of the sword-fighting enemies were even all that hard. You just had to get behind them, and after that it was self-explanatory. The world map was cool though. I'll give it that. >_>

Renmiri
09-10-2007, 07:50 PM
w00t! I loved sailing! :love: And the game had rain, thunder, sunshine... It was just so much fun! Flying with that leaf was also pretty cool.

Midna on TP was also very cool.

KaintheDragoon80
09-12-2007, 12:09 PM
Twilight Princess strangely didn't give me that Zelda atmosphere that I've come to love.
Overall better game though, but eh.
Maybe it's just Wind Waker's lovely graphics that drive me to favor it.

Skyblade
09-12-2007, 02:58 PM
Oh, the sailing was fun, I just think there was way too much of it, especially since you couldn't really do anything while sailing. Combat sucked, and was more likely to slow you down and hurt you than it was to help you.

JKTrix
09-12-2007, 03:07 PM
Twilight Princess, simply because I actually finished it. I played Wind Waker and enjoyed it quite a bit, right up until I had to go find the pieces of Triforce. Then it was just tedious, and never finished.

I hope Phantom Hourglass doesn't do anything as bad as that.

Tidus Andronicus
09-12-2007, 06:26 PM
They're both great games... but get Twilight Princess... then maybe in the future get Wind Waker.

Breine
09-12-2007, 09:03 PM
I don't know. I have both games and they're both fantastic, but I haven't completed neither of them as of yet. So.. I honestly don't know. I'm quite a bit into Twilight Princess now, though.

Elite Lord Sigma
09-12-2007, 09:15 PM
The tedious amount of sailing and lack of combat and mini-games in Wind Waker makes me lean toward Twilight Princess as the better game.

Roto13
09-13-2007, 09:54 PM
They're both great, but TP is greater.