PDA

View Full Version : AGE OF EMPIRES...TWO!

Spammerman
09-09-2007, 09:41 PM
Does any1 still play this, me and my friend downloaded it off limewire and we cant get multiplayer to work. Is it because we downloaded it, or can someone help us?

Meat Puppet
09-09-2007, 09:45 PM
There could be a firewall or something that’s stopping you from being able to connect to each other. I don’t know anything about that stuff, but when I had the problem, I searched on Google for some pretty helpful answers. Port forwarding, or what have you. You can also try the Gamespy Arcade, I suppose. If you’re worried about the game being illegal, just go buy a legal copy. It’s like, $8 for AoE 1 & 2 and their expansions.

Levian
09-09-2007, 09:46 PM
I've downloaded it too and played multiplayer in a network with a classmate. I don't know how he fixed it, though. So I'm not much help. Fun game, though. :D

Old Manus
09-09-2007, 09:56 PM
Last time we had one of these threads, Lost Number kept challenging me and was a giant tit for refusing to accept that I was a better player than him, and passed off his epic defeats to stuff like phonecalls and resources being in the wrong place :mad2:

EDIT: word up to the guy who just told lost number about my post :love:

Namelessfengir
09-09-2007, 10:29 PM
im playing myth right now (saw it at walmart for 6$) almost finished with it need to find titans then i might go find b&w 2 (it might run on this box)

Discord
09-10-2007, 12:29 AM
Hmm... from what I remember the MP was a little buggy. That is, 6 years ago it was.

belkor_teh_magnificent
09-10-2007, 07:36 PM
oooh, i used to play aoe2 back in the day...from what i remember, it won't work on BT Voyager routers (my friend had one, we looked it up) at all, unless you connect to someone elses game. Also, for multiplayer, it's better to use IGZones, it's more popular. And if you feel like a game, i'll play, but since i haven't been on in about 4 years lol

fantasyjunkie
09-11-2007, 07:15 AM
I was always the British with the longbows! :D

Rostum
09-11-2007, 08:56 AM
Yeah it's an awesome game. My friend borrowed it off me back in high school and I haven't seen it since, oh well.

Mo-Nercy
09-11-2007, 12:17 PM
Huns ftw in the expansion pack. What I loved about them is that they weren't pansies. They didn't need no lah-di-dah houses.

belkor_teh_magnificent
09-11-2007, 06:10 PM
Huns were good but unless they rushed everyone right away, they were only mediocre. And I miss huuuuge mass longbows...and seeing them fall like flies to a seige onager :)

Madame Adequate
09-11-2007, 08:01 PM
Huns are even better if you download a mod to raise unit caps.

Spammerman
09-20-2007, 04:13 AM
I messed up the setup. It ended being 7 on 1. I bet you all can guess who the 1 was. I think I was the franks. i dont know, but i went out like 300. I had it was like this
:mad2: them them them
them=------------=them
them=mine mine mi=them
nothin=mine mine mi=
nothin=mine mine mi=
nothin=mine mine mi=

i took about about 40 ppl with just my towers, had my 2 camels charge them, took out about 5 more units, some were siege weaponry. Then they brought in everyone, and i was like NOOOOOOOOOOO! I WILL NOT DIE!!! So i saved my villagers, those that i could and werent fighting, stuffed my towers with every unit i could, and then thye broke through. ungarrisoned the towers, garrisoned my town hall, and kicked ass, then had my ass kicked.

Btw, message me if you wanna play, im new though.