PDA

View Full Version : How would you like to develop your characters in this game?(stats and ability-wise)

Crossblades
09-10-2007, 01:50 AM
How would you like to develop your characters(stats and ability-wise)in this game? Personally, I would like to see characters with fixed jobs. FF IV, IX, and XII:RW are the only FFs with fixed jobs. Though, I don't mind developing my own characters, we need more FFs with characters with fixed jobs.

LunarWeaver
09-10-2007, 01:57 AM
Fixed jobs~

Take this Lightning chica from the trailer for instance. I'd never make her something like a White Mage just from what I've seen. She'd always be a Gunner or Warrior or such. So for me, they'll end up with fixed jobs no matter what if you can designate them.

I really don't want a system where they can all be the same again D:<

Laddy
09-10-2007, 02:07 AM
Fixed jobs. Warriors, White Mages, Black Mages, Red Mages, Blue Mages, Green Mages, Thieves, Dragoons, Monks, Paladins, Dark Knights, and all that jazz, I want it back! :(

Hyperion4444
09-10-2007, 02:10 AM
Fixed Jobs?
Not exactly.
Different Stat Growth.

Northcrest
09-22-2007, 01:13 AM
I would probably do complete freedom even thogh I've been wanting a Fighter, Black Mage, White Mage. But for me thats too basic.

Wolf Kanno
09-22-2007, 06:41 AM
I'd want a hybrid system. Basically fixed jobs but a way to further develope them. Perhaps something similiar to Xenosaga Episode 3 but expanded upon in greater detail.

Basically you would have a warrior character but you can develope them to have high defense and a high counter rate or you can make them a pure speed and offense type character. Basically it's the same class but you can make them more personalized. It would be even better if you get skill choices and they are irreversible. So say you can raise either their defense by 3 points or their attack by 2. Once you choose one, you can never get the other back. None of this power leveling so you can 'have your cake and eat it too" scenarios' like FFX and XII.

Another cool idea would be to have pre-set jobs but you get an optional secondary sub job. Once again, it's a one shot deal so if you decide you only need the one white mage they supply you with then that's your choice.

Basically, I've been playing too much MegaTen, so I need more RPGs where your choices have a significant impact. It's getting to the point where if an Rpg doesn't give me a choice I may end up restarting the game, for then it's not worth my time.;)

I don't really want to see any system from previous games brought back except perhaps job classes.

Oddly enough, it's gameplay that has me intrigued the most about XIII.

Bolivar
09-22-2007, 07:55 AM
I think what I've preferred most in the series is games where each character does have individual strengths and an apprent job/sub-job but there is no requirement for you to develop them that way. I guess like VII, Cloud as Knight/Black Mage, Tifa - Monk, Cid - Dragoon, etc. and you can find materia to correspond to those - but you don't have to.

So i voted for other.

Nifleheim7
09-22-2007, 08:03 PM
I want something completely new,a character system that doesn't remind me of previous FF's.

I would like to see a system,where your character (or party) development are based on in-game actions you choose for these characters...
For example the answers at questions npc's are asking you could help develop the personality and "job" of each character.
I would love to be able to create the personalities of my group and make them go down a path where i will not be able to know how they will end up.
Just like real life where we don't know how people will end up right from the start...This could also help to have multiple story endings.

FFXIII will be on PS3,a very powerful machine and i really hope it's developers will not focus only on pretty graphics but also aim for a fully developed world where environments,npc's and other aspects could trully affect the way your party and the story developes.

Hyperion4444
09-23-2007, 05:01 AM
custom stats.

At least as an unlockable.

Vivisteiner
09-23-2007, 10:47 PM
How would you like to develop your characters(stats and ability-wise)in this game? Personally, I would like to see characters with fixed jobs. FF IV, IX, and XII:RW are the only FFs with fixed jobs. Though, I don't mind developing my own characters, we need more FFs with characters with fixed jobs.
What is FFIX then?

A bastard son, unwanted and unloved? :(

EDIT: Oh wait, you did mention FFIX. Maybe that says something about my mind.

Hyperion4444
09-24-2007, 01:33 AM
I would like really like to say Fixed Jobs, but then I remember how Square-Enix is bad on making a fixed job system on a Final Fantasy.
(Funny, other games are perfect with fixed jobs)
There's just something about FF...
Lack of custom skills.

Wolf Kanno
09-24-2007, 02:57 AM
I think what I've preferred most in the series is games where each character does have individual strengths and an apprent job/sub-job but there is no requirement for you to develop them that way. I guess like VII, Cloud is smurfing broken, Tifa - Monk, Cid - Dragoon, etc. and you can find materia to correspond to those - but you don't have to.

So i voted for other.

I fixed it for you cause Cloud is just freaking good at everything. ;)

Hyperion4444
09-26-2007, 02:52 AM
PlayStation.com (http://www.us.playstation.com/News/Stories/6229)

Crossblades
09-26-2007, 03:22 AM

What's the point of posting this? It doesn't say how the characters will learn their abilities

terus01
09-26-2007, 03:58 PM
I'd like a freedom to develop my chars, but also I want stats increasing, by our own management.

Oh, it is fun if I can make my own cool weapon, from "the strongest" weapon we know, such as Ultima and so on ,to become more stronger weapon using combination item and magic. But of course, it will be hard to get ;p, unless using gameshark.. (and I will never use it!)

I'd like a more stronger monster growth after 100 level, and also our level and stats. in another words, unlimited stats! it is boring to fight in the same tactics, same level (stuck level).

remnant1
09-29-2007, 07:40 PM
bring back the tactics job system,it was awsome!

Wolf Kanno
09-29-2007, 08:58 PM
I'd like a freedom to develop my chars, but also I want stats increasing, by our own management.

Oh, it is fun if I can make my own cool weapon, from "the strongest" weapon we know, such as Ultima and so on ,to become more stronger weapon using combination item and magic. But of course, it will be hard to get ;p, unless using gameshark.. (and I will never use it!)

I'd like a more stronger monster growth after 100 level, and also our level and stats. in another words, unlimited stats! it is boring to fight in the same tactics, same level (stuck level).

You mean like Disgaea?

I wouldn't mind a return of the Tactics Job Class system but it may need to be altered a bit for traditional JRPG combat. Looking at FFXIII though, I highly doubt the game will have a Job Class system or if it did, the jobs would probably have different names and abilities (though the concepts will be the same). Chances are, it will be closer to VII or X in this regard. What would be really neat is the return of unique abilities (that can't be transferred) so the cast can be unique from each other outside of Limit Breaks.

Elpizo
09-29-2007, 09:51 PM
I believe the developers said that they thought the License Board gave the player too much freedom and that they want to keep each character a bit more unique. Can't remember for the life of me where I read this, though. But I'm certain it was said in some interview or so...

Nifleheim7
09-29-2007, 11:16 PM

What's the point of posting this? It doesn't say how the characters will learn their abilities

I agree with Crossblades,but nevertheless,it's a very interesting article (although a bit old).

Crossblades
09-30-2007, 02:01 AM
What would be really neat is the return of unique abilities (that can't be transferred) so the cast can be unique from each other outside of Limit Breaks.

In other words, you want the return of fixed jobs

I believe the developers said that they thought the License Board gave the player too much freedom and that they want to keep each character a bit more unique. Can't remember for the life of me where I read this, though. But I'm certain it was said in some interview or so...

I guess this was the reason SE released FF XII:International Zodiac Job System in Japan

Wolf Kanno
09-30-2007, 06:19 AM
I don't care either way actually. It doesn't have to be fixed jobs per se' just have each character a unique abilty (than't not a limit break or whaterver they will be called this time around).

It doesn't necessarily have to be something traditional that would pigeon-hole a character as a thief or dragoon. For instance, Lightning is said to have the ability to affect time so she can slow it down and fight in "bullet time". That could be a unique ability only for her, while other characters get something else.

Hyperion4444
10-08-2007, 11:50 PM
The way I see it.
Its somewhat Fixed and somewhat custom.

I would like the characters to have different Stat growth.
But not limited in the Magic abilities they can learn.
I also would want not completly unbanlanced characters like XI (Warrior 250% HP 10% MP)
I want the characters to grow independly while staying flexible to the "Job" you give them "A PS1/PC FF Handle Everything Character"

VeloZer0
10-10-2007, 09:33 PM
For me, character set up is a huge part of games, therefore I like systems where you have to spend allot of time and thought mix and matching abilities (FFVII, FFT). I dislike any system that forces you to make permanent choices. At lv5 I have no idea what skills or stats I should be stacking towards, and if I later found that I made a poor choice and am stuck with it, I'm far more likely to just stop playing.

To sum it up I would say I'm a fan of the 'learn everything but equip few' philosophy, where you can learn all of the abilities in the game, but are severely limited in what you can currently have active. As for abilities specific to characters, although I like this in theory, I dislike more when I have to chose between characters I like as characters, and characters who's stats fit my playstyle.

Clawsze
11-03-2007, 12:45 AM
For me, character set up is a huge part of games, therefore I like systems where you have to spend allot of time and thought mix and matching abilities (FFVII, FFT). I dislike any system that forces you to make permanent choices. At lv5 I have no idea what skills or stats I should be stacking towards, and if I later found that I made a poor choice and am stuck with it, I'm far more likely to just stop playing.

To sum it up I would say I'm a fan of the 'learn everything but equip few' philosophy, where you can learn all of the abilities in the game, but are severely limited in what you can currently have active. As for abilities specific to characters, although I like this in theory, I dislike more when I have to chose between characters I like as characters, and characters who's stats fit my playstyle.

Like FF5.

VeloZer0
11-03-2007, 04:42 PM
While I wouldn't say FF5 was not a good system, I would prefer one that required a little more involved setup that allows more complicated setups, like FFT. (Which if you haven't played is just like FF5 but in addition to equipping a skillset from another class you also equip a reaction ability, support ability and move ability)

No.78
11-04-2007, 12:29 AM
A job change system that still keeps the characters with unique uses.

Or

A similar system to FF6, fixed jobs and lots of characters.

I'd love the latter to return.

Clawsze
11-04-2007, 03:43 PM
A job change system that still keeps the characters with unique uses.

Or

A similar system to FF6, fixed jobs and lots of characters.

I'd love the latter to return.

Indeed, it would work for XIII, but they would need a different one for Versus as apparently that's going to be more individual.