PDA

View Full Version : Which Final Fantasy game is the hardest in overall?

Serapy
09-10-2007, 04:47 PM
Which one do you think is the hardest? Such as finishing the whole story, sidequests, obaining special items and summons and eliminating bosses, etc. ?

I vote the PAL FFX version for having the hardest bosses, it was incredibly hard because I needed to level a lot, obtaining special items, maxing all spheres in order to beat the dark aeons (especially Penance) effectively WITHOUT using the cheap Z aeon. The story was a tad hard, the story bosses such as Sin were kind of hard sometimes too.

Oh, by the way, using resources such as strategies of how to kill bosses, where to get items, etc. doesn't count :p

Ramza Beoulve
09-10-2007, 05:56 PM
FFI, FFV and FFT are up there, obviously.

scrumpleberry
09-10-2007, 06:24 PM
V, cause I'm playing @ the mo and I'm just finding it SO GODDAMN BORING. I haven't actually played III or Tactics, but I have played all the rest. I think.

Slothy
09-10-2007, 07:15 PM
FFI-III. They just required rediculous amounts of tedious level grinding to make them not annoyingly hard. Later games may have added things like super tough bosses, but many can be beaten pretty easily if you fight them right, and even when level grinding was necessary at least the later games were fun.

LunarWeaver
09-10-2007, 07:21 PM
If you don't overlevel in Final Fantasy Tactics, I'd say that is. Heck, sometimes it even traps you into battles where you can't level, so if you aren't ready then you're fucked.

Serapy
09-11-2007, 06:43 PM
I never played Final Fantasy Tactics before, so I can imagine how would that feel :p

The ruby weapon in FF7 is damn hard too, I haven't beaten it yet.

cloud21zidane16
09-11-2007, 07:06 PM
The ruby weapon in FF7 is damn hard too, I haven't beaten it yet.

Once youve done it once its easy, dont give up!!;)

Id say hardest would have to be either FFI or FFV.

Ouch!
09-11-2007, 07:17 PM
Does tedium count for difficulty? I choose FFI. Grinding is annoying and makes it difficult to find the motivation to complete it.

Goldenboko
09-11-2007, 07:44 PM
FFIV hardtype.

Wolf Kanno
09-11-2007, 09:12 PM
Probably FFIII and IV(Hardtype). Grinding fixes most issues with I and II while V and up are easy as long as you know how to use (and blatanly abuse) the systems.

III is tough cause it's fairly inflexible at times, so bringing the wrong party can screw you over big time. IV is a grind fest as well but a tad more difficult cause the story dictates who you have in your party and the boss fights actually require more strategy than most people would give the game credit for. Getting the final weapons in the Lunar Core shows you how difficult this game can really be...

Vermachtnis
09-11-2007, 09:23 PM
II, the final dungeon(s) is a pain and somehow Ultima barely hurts anything even when it's LV20. And they change the party right there at the end and Leon isn't built up enough. In fact non of the characters you get where any good, except for Leila. Leila was awesome.

silentenigma
09-11-2007, 09:45 PM
FFII

Takara
09-12-2007, 02:18 AM
FFI, FFII, and FFT.

Maybe_Tomorrow
09-12-2007, 02:32 AM
I'm gonna say that I has been the hardest (so far) but I'm not done playing it.. Out of the ones that I have played I think that VIII was the hardest.... IT WAS SO BORING!!! having to draw all your magics from your enemies! OMG!

Bolivar
09-13-2007, 09:11 PM
I would have to say that the first Final Fantasy will always live in Infamy among the series titles as not only was it the first, but it is the hardest.

the original, the remake's the easiest one.

09-13-2007, 09:44 PM
How the heck is I winning?? That game isn't hard unless you make it hard =/ With two fighters in your party you should be able to walk through without even level grinding except around Elfheim. And yes I mean the original version.

The hardest ones I've played were II and VIII. Well, tactics is probably harder except I cheated my ass off with save states. II was hard in terms of trying to get through dungeons while not weakening your mages (I, unfortunately, made two of them in my playthrough) any more than forced to, and you have to dedicate a lot more time grinding (at a certain point), even if you abuse the system. Or maybe it just seemed that way because I found it tedious as hell, I don't know. VIII was hardest in the sense that it was too easy to get myself lost or forget where I was supposed to go after getting wrapped up in triple triad. Plus I found that boss to be the hardest of any FF boss I've faced. Even with Riona's cheating invincible move and using every one of my savestate spaces like they were going out of style, it took me forever to beat that thing.

Bolivar
09-14-2007, 12:13 AM
How the heck is I winning?? That game isn't hard unless you make it hard =/ With two fighters in your party you should be able to walk through without even level grinding except around Elfheim. And yes I mean the original version.

The hardest ones I've played were II and VIII. Well, tactics is probably harder except I cheated my ass off with save states. II was hard in terms of trying to get through dungeons while not weakening your mages (I, unfortunately, made two of them in my playthrough) any more than forced to, and you have to dedicate a lot more time grinding (at a certain point), even if you abuse the system. Or maybe it just seemed that way because I found it tedious as hell, I don't know. VIII was hardest in the sense that it was too easy to get myself lost or forget where I was supposed to go after getting wrapped up in triple triad. Plus I found that boss to be the hardest of any FF boss I've faced. Even with Riona's cheating invincible move and using every one of my savestate spaces like they were going out of style, it took me forever to beat that thing.

i remember purposely killing all characters except squall, zell, and irvine, constantly keeping my party up in aura, protect, shell, haste, and only using limits and even then it took me two tries. In order to do all that was a very intense process, even with all the best junctions. I remember using Lionheart after Lionheart on her final form and wondering "when is this ... gonna die?" I would say Ultimecia's up there with the hardest final bosses int he series.

PuPu
09-14-2007, 12:43 AM
The hardest FF would be FFII, because of the ridiculously high encounter rate, tough monsters, and long dungeons. Not to mention the 64 item limit which I heard applies to the SNES/PS1 version.

Ultimecia is not hard by the way. Let Hell's Judgement reduce your character's HP to 1. Cast Aura and Haste on the entire party. You'll unleash Limit Breaks like you have never done before, and you'll be able to kill Ulti before she even gets another turn. Having only 1 HP will increase the chances of getting the full 8 hits in Renzokuken, more time for Duel, Rinoa using Wishing Star, etc. This strategy works well against Omega WEAPON as well.

Of course, you probably would be able to beat Ulti before she gets another turn either way. She's incredibly slow and I've never seen her use any attacks other than Hell's Judgement and Apocalypse. Not to mention Apocalypse takes time to charge as well.

Goldenboko
09-14-2007, 02:05 AM
The hardest FF would be FFII, because of the ridiculously high encounter rate, tough monsters, and long dungeons. Not to mention the 64 item limit which I heard applies to the SNES/PS1 version.

Ultimecia is not hard by the way. Let Hell's Judgement reduce your character's HP to 1. Cast Aura and Haste on the entire party. You'll unleash Limit Breaks like you have never done before, and you'll be able to kill Ulti before she even gets another turn. Having only 1 HP will increase the chances of getting the full 8 hits in Renzokuken, more time for Duel, Rinoa using Wishing Star, etc. This strategy works well against Omega WEAPON as well.

Of course, you probably would be able to beat Ulti before she gets another turn either way. She's incredibly slow and I've never seen her use any attacks other than Hell's Judgement and Apocalypse. Not to mention Apocalypse takes time to charge as well.

Yes, you are extremely right PuPu Ulti is easy :P

I mean, when I was facing her final form some of hear attacks did 100 damage to me, it was painful to watch the slaughtering.

ff is da best
09-17-2007, 08:32 AM
To me i reckon it was 7 becoz i never really finished it.
the side quest and stuff were kinda hard.
(Btw that was my first ff i ever played.)
every ff after dat was pretty easy.

Rengori
09-18-2007, 05:57 AM
FFI or FFV, but I'm going to say FFI because some skills (GilToss) make the game ridiculously easy in areas.

Zora
09-18-2007, 06:05 AM
Hard and Final Fantasy don't mix...

Anyways, I will say FFXII, since I have the most trouble with it. Sue me if you disagree.

Hyperion4444
09-18-2007, 02:29 PM
Hard and Final Fantasy don't mix...
Like I was going to say.