PDA

View Full Version : Final fantasy/PS3 question(s)

Kudaran
09-11-2007, 05:52 AM
Hi, I have an xbox and a psp and recently I picked up ff1 for psp and was HOOKED. I plan to get crisis core, but I really want to play the rest of the series. So what I want to know is if the final fantasy series makes a PS3 worth buying. You can play most of the ff games on the PS3 right? What about ff11?
By the way I'm new. Thanks!!!:D

Rengori
09-11-2007, 06:11 AM
If you're only getting it for the Final Fantasy games, no, but if you want to play the really good ones now go find a used PSX and get 4-9. Otherwise, it's your $500, what do I care?

Lynx
09-11-2007, 06:14 AM
welcome :)

anyways you can play most of the games on the ps2 if you want to go with something cheaper. but seeing as when FFXIII comes out itd more then likly be on PS3 you might want to get one of those but FFXIII might not come out for sometime. as in more then a year.

as for playing all the FF's they are not all directly connected so you can jump from FFI to FFIX if you wanted and not be lost. as for crises core play FFVII first would probably be a good idea. and btw theres a lot of ff's so if you plan on playing them all be prepared to spend a 1000 hours worth of video gameing. especially if you want to find the secrets and beat the strongest enemies in the game.

Levian
09-11-2007, 08:48 AM
You can play most of the ff games on the PS3 right? What about ff11?

Yeah, the only ones you can't play would be FFCC, FFTA and I don't think there's a PS version of FF3 out. I haven't seen FF11 on the PS either. Only seen it on Xbox.

KentaRawr!
09-11-2007, 10:47 AM
FFXI has been discontinued for the Playstation 2, sadly. But don't even worry about it. You've got to have LOADS of patience to play that game, and it doesn't even have an ending, due to being an MMORPG. >_>

Final Fantasy 2 is scheduled to be released on the PSP soon from what I hear, and it's also out on the Gameboy Advance and Playstation, and the Gameboy Advance version has a continuation of the story after the end, and I presume the PSP version will have that, too. The Playstation version, obviously, has better Sprite Detail and Sound when compared to the GBA version, and also has some unlockable art.

Final Fantasy 3 is only obtainable by Rom, or by DS. The DS version is a 3D remake of the original Final Fantasy 3 for the Famicom. The rom I speak of is, obviously, the original Famicom version, and some fan translations are floating around the interwebz.

Final Fantasy 4 came out for the SNES (Named FF2 then), the Playstation, and Gameboy Advance. There's also a 3D Remake in development for the DS.

Final Fantasy 5 came out for the Playstation and Gameboy Advance. The GBA version has some extras, but I forget what.

Final Fantasy 6 came out for the SNES (Called FF3), Playstation, and Gameboy Advance. The GBA version has some extras, but I forget what.

Final Fantasy 7 came out for the PSX and PC.

Final Fantasy 8 came out for the PSX and PC.

Final Fantasy 9 came out for the PSX and I don't know of a PC version.

Final Fantasy 10 came out for the PS2.

Final Fantasy 10-2 suxorz, but it came out for the PS2.

Final Fantasy 11, well, is an MMORPG. PC and X-Box 360 right now.

Final Fantasy 12 came out for the PS2.

Final Fantasy 13 is coming out for the PS3.

So, if you were to get nothing and just stick with your PSP, eventually you'll be able to retrieve FF2. If you get the GBA, you are able to get FF2, 4, 5, and 6. Getting a DS, due to GBA compatibility, will land you FF2-6, simply adding 3 to it, and eventually a remake of 4. Getting a Playstation lands you FF2, FF4, FF5, FF6, FF7, FF8, and FF9. Getting a Playstation 2 will get you FF2, FF4, FF5, FF6, FF7, FF8, FF9, FF10, FF10-2, and FF12. The Playstation 2 would probably be your best bet, and you can get it for just about $100 where I am. If you just get a Playstation though, you could get one for maybe $20-$30.

It almost seems as though Square is doing something with the DS, though. Perhaps if FF4DS sells well, they'll remake FF5, and go on to FF6. That's really just drawing at straws, though. >_>

Rostum
09-11-2007, 11:31 AM
Note: People have gotten FFXI to work on the PS3. If MMORPG's aren't you thing, then don't worry about this game.

Nifleheim7
09-11-2007, 12:36 PM
First of all,welcome to the forums!:)

So what I want to know is if the final fantasy series makes a PS3 worth buying.

Yeah,for me Final Fantasy alone makes a PS3 purchase worthwhile.Even if you don't buy any other game for the system,playing the FF titles and their PS3 spinoffs will keep you busy enough.
You can also play all previous PSX and PS2 FF titles on PS3 as well!:)
As Lynx said prepare to invest more than 1000 hours for all the games,and if you're going to play them without strategy guides (which i highly recomment for the first playthroughs) you may need some 1500 hours!!!
Anyway,happy gaming:D

Renmiri
09-11-2007, 06:30 PM
I am playing FFVIII on my PS3 just fine and dandy.

Bolivar
09-13-2007, 10:09 PM
If you buy a PS3 you have access to every FF (including Tactics) except III. Not only that, but you can get them in 1080p on an HDTV with Sony's update. Although the only game that suffers from Sony is FFVI, the load times were just too much.

Another great choice is the Nintendo DS as you can play 1-6 on it (including Tactics Advance and soon Revenant Wings and Tactics Advanced 2). I hear the remake of VI is really great, but that's the only thing Nintendo has over Sony.

Another good bet would be the gamecube and a gamecube GBA player since you could play 1-6 (minus 3) on a TV, which the remakes look really great on.

so yeah, a ps3 would be your best bet, but if you're trying to play VI and III a DS would be good, or you could just get a used GBA SP, which are real cheap now, to play VI and a translated rom for III, which is, of course III.

Also, I would have to say beating all of the FF's is much closer or less than 500 hours than 1000 since you can get everything and complete the first 6 games in 35 hours or less (less than 20 for I, II, and IV), although IIIDS seems to be a little longer for some reason.

Dragonsoul
09-13-2007, 11:11 PM
Welcome to the forums! :)

Here are the main FF games, with their original consoles they came out on, in order of release. A title with a ! before it is the most signifigant for it's time. I also put a ! before unreleased titles that appear to be higher quality than other unreleased titles.

!Nes - Final Fantasy I
Nes - Final Fantasy II
Nes - Final Fantasy III
!Snes - Final Fantasy IV
Snes - Final Fantasy V
!Snes - Final Fantasy VI(This is my favorite Final Fantasy of them all!!! :))
!PS 1 - Final Fantasy VII
PS 1 - Final Fantasy VIII
PS 1 - Final Fantasy IX
!PS 2 - Final Fantasy X
PC/PS 2 - Final Fantasy XI
PS 2 - Final Fantasy X-2
!PS 2 - Final Fantasy XII
!PS 3 - Final Fantasy XIII(upcoming)
!PS 3 - Final Fantasy Versus XIII(upcoming)

There are some other medium signifigance FF titles. The best and most signifigant ones have a ! before the title. Here's the release order...
Snes - Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest
!PS 1 - Final Fantasy Tactics
!PS 1 - Vagrant Story
Dvd - Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within
GC - Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles 1
!GBA - Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Cell - FF VII: Before Crisis(Japan only so far)
Dvd - FF VII: Advent Children
Dvd - FF VII: Last Order
PS 2 - FF VII: Dirge of Cerberus
Cell - FF VII: Dirge of Cerberus: Lost Episode
!DS - Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings(upcoming)
PSP - FF VII: Crisis Core(upcoming)
!DS - Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2(upcoming)
DS - Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Rings of Fate
Wii - Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles 2
Cell - Final Fantasy Agito XIII(upcoming)

Read this...
Final Fantasy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_fantasy)
List of Final Fantasy media - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Final_Fantasy_media)
GameSpot:Video Games PC Xbox 360 PS3 Wii PSP DS PS2 PlayStation 2 GameCube GBA PlayStation 3 (http://www.gamespot.com/features/vgs/universal/finalfantasy_hs/)

Final Fantasy XII came out on October 31st, 2006 in the United States. There are tons of people, including me, who are still playing this ultimate game. Once you finish Final Fantasy 1 I suggest you join us and start playing Final Fantasy XII. This is also good because then you will be ready for November 20th when FF XII's sequel, Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings, comes out on November 20th for Nintendo DS. I recommend you play FF XII and FF XII: RW!! Also, you should note that FF XII: RW is developed by a partially different team from FF XII. The FF XII team(most them I think) are working on Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2 now, although the leader of the team Yasumi Matsuno, has left to work with Nintendo on a new Wii rpg, with help from Monolith Soft(Xenogears, Chrono Cross, Xenosaga 1-3).

I think it's most critical to play the most ultimate current Final Fantasy games as they come out, so you can join the party! Once you get these big current games out of the way, you can go back and play some older stuff. I recommend playing my favorite FF, Final Fantasy VI first. The next older stuff that you can play after this I'll explain soon. Make sure you get Final Fantasy XIII the day it comes out during Fall 2008, because it's going to be insanely ultimate! Get Final Fantasy Versus XIII the day it comes out in Spring 2009 also.

Here are the recommendations I have for you to play, in order...
Final Fantasy XII
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings(Nov 20th, 2007 in Usa)
Final Fantasy VI(my favorite of all Final Fantasy titles! :))
...after this, you can choose to play some older titles...
Final Fantasy XIII(Fall 2008 in Usa hopefully)
Final Fantasy Versus XIII(Spring 2009 in Usa hopefully)

If you finish a game and the next game on the list hasn't come out yet, you can go back and play some of the older Final Fantasy games. My specific recommendations are: Final Fantasy IV, Final Fantasy VII, and Final Fantasy X. Besides those ones, you can, after doing researching on them and reading reviews and watching gameplay footage, play other Final Fantasy titles that are out.

I'm going to assist you in any questions you have on Final Fantasy. By the way, check out the trailer for Final Fantasy XIII here...
YouTube - Final Fantasy 13 E3 Trailer (Higher Quality) (http://youtube.com/watch?v=IV3SAD45PmE)

Kudaran, what is your thought? :)

Rostum
09-15-2007, 01:31 AM
!Nes - Final Fantasy I
Nes - Final Fantasy II
Nes - Final Fantasy III
!Snes - Final Fantasy IV
Snes - Final Fantasy V
!Snes - Final Fantasy VI(This is my favorite Final Fantasy of them all!!! :))
!PS 1 - Final Fantasy VII
PS 1 - Final Fantasy VIII
PS 1 - Final Fantasy IX
!PS 2 - Final Fantasy X
PC/PS 2 - Final Fantasy XI
PS 2 - Final Fantasy X-2
!PS 2 - Final Fantasy XII
!PS 3 - Final Fantasy XIII(upcoming)
!PS 3 - Final Fantasy Versus XIII(upcoming)

You forgot to mention that you can get FF1, 2, 4, 5 and 6 on PS1. FF1, 2 on PSP and GBA.

KentaRawr!
09-15-2007, 01:54 AM
You forgot to mention that you can get FF1, 2, 4, 5 and 6 on PS1. FF1, 2 on PSP and GBA.

What about FF4, 5, and 6 on GBA? :0

Rostum
09-15-2007, 05:32 AM

What about FF4, 5, and 6 on GBA? :0

Sorry I wasn't thinking. FF6 is so much better on GBA.

Hyperion4444
09-16-2007, 05:08 AM
FFXI has been discontinued for the Playstation 2, sadly. But don't even worry about it. You've got to have LOADS of patience to play that game, and it doesn't even have an ending, due to being an MMORPG. >_>

Final Fantasy 2 is scheduled to be released on the PSP soon from what I hear, and it's also out on the Gameboy Advance and Playstation, and the Gameboy Advance version has a continuation of the story after the end, and I presume the PSP version will have that, too. The Playstation version, obviously, has better Sprite Detail and Sound when compared to the GBA version, and also has some unlockable art.

Final Fantasy 3 is only obtainable by Rom, or by DS. The DS version is a 3D remake of the original Final Fantasy 3 for the Famicom. The rom I speak of is, obviously, the original Famicom version, and some fan translations are floating around the interwebz.

Final Fantasy 4 came out for the SNES (Named FF2 then), the Playstation, and Gameboy Advance. There's also a 3D Remake in development for the DS.

Final Fantasy 5 came out for the Playstation and Gameboy Advance. The GBA version has some extras, but I forget what.

Final Fantasy 6 came out for the SNES (Called FF3), Playstation, and Gameboy Advance. The GBA version has some extras, but I forget what.

Final Fantasy 7 came out for the PSX and PC.

Final Fantasy 8 came out for the PSX and PC.

Final Fantasy 9 came out for the PSX and I don't know of a PC version.

Final Fantasy 10 came out for the PS2.

Final Fantasy 10-2 suxorz, but it came out for the PS2.

Final Fantasy 11, well, is an MMORPG. PC and X-Box 360 right now.

Final Fantasy 12 came out for the PS2.

Final Fantasy 13 is coming out for the PS3.

So, if you were to get nothing and just stick with your PSP, eventually you'll be able to retrieve FF2. If you get the GBA, you are able to get FF2, 4, 5, and 6. Getting a DS, due to GBA compatibility, will land you FF2-6, simply adding 3 to it, and eventually a remake of 4. Getting a Playstation lands you FF2, FF4, FF5, FF6, FF7, FF8, and FF9. Getting a Playstation 2 will get you FF2, FF4, FF5, FF6, FF7, FF8, FF9, FF10, FF10-2, and FF12. The Playstation 2 would probably be your best bet, and you can get it for just about $100 where I am. If you just get a Playstation though, you could get one for maybe $20-$30.

It almost seems as though Square is doing something with the DS, though. Perhaps if FF4DS sells well, they'll remake FF5, and go on to FF6. That's really just drawing at straws, though. >_>

you fogot FFXI original was on PS2.

Also, screw the PSX, there isn't anymore new ones, and the ones you'll get are cheap and old, get a PS2 for 100$ instead. You'll get much more games you couldn't play, like DMC, SC, AC, TS2.............
But you'll miss out on FFXIII. too bad for you....