PDA

View Full Version : Post your progress, where are you at.

Spawn of Sephiroth
09-12-2007, 02:24 AM
Ok, I know I am not that far in the story (atleast I don't think so. I don't use guides so I don't know). Right now, I just begun Giruvegan and just defeated Deadalus. I am 42 hours and 13 minutes. My party is as followed:
Vaan lv 45
Basch lv 44
Balthier lv 44
Fran lv 16
Ashe lv 18
Penelo lv 18

So, post your progress.

Renmiri
09-12-2007, 02:59 AM
Wow, I was level 55ish by then. You are doing good!

Skyblade
09-12-2007, 03:41 AM
Had to backtrack due to a screwed up minigame, so I just acquired the Dawn Shard and am working on robbing Vossler of his Black Belt. Since it's such a rare drop, it's kinda annoying, but I'll get it eventually.

Ashe, Fran, and Balthier: Level 28
Penelo, Basch, and Vaan: Level 27

All Quickenings learned, and some lovely equipment.

PS: Is there any reason to not skip the cutscenes in this game (I know it was penalized in FFX-2, but I'm hoping it doesn't matter in this game)?

Spawn of Sephiroth
09-12-2007, 04:06 AM
Yeah, all my characters have learned all their quickening except Fran. She still only on level 1 quickening. The only espers I have are Belias, Mateous, and Addremeloch, and I believe one more, but can't remember which. I haven't done many side quests. Only all the level 1 marks and most of the level 2

Goldenboko
09-12-2007, 04:46 AM
Storyline: Beat Final Boss- Levels: Mid 40s I believe...
Side Bosses: Have been too lazy to start! :cool:

abrojtm
09-12-2007, 05:02 AM
On my second playthrough, I've done everything except for defeating Yiazmat and Omega. I'll probably never get around to it because it's just tedious.

Dragonsoul
09-12-2007, 07:12 AM
At about 95-100 hours I finished the Pharos, and then started leveling up and doing side quests. At 128 hours I started the Negalmuur autoleveling method, and was at 60-61. I equipped Embroidered Tippet's to double my experience gained. Right now two characters are at level 99 and four are at 98. I'll finish that Negalmuur method today, it takes 120 hours, but the amount of time I actually put into it was less than three hours!

After this, I got 25 hours of sidequests and beating the game.

ff is da best
09-12-2007, 08:59 AM
all my characters on lv 50, i am up 2 da part just before jahara.
my time is at 65 hours. i have belias and addremalech. i have completed the license grid for all my people. i am using the zodiac spear 2 sledge hammers yoichi bow and a kogenui also a burning bow.
I have 400,000 gil (somewhere around that much) defeated all the mob hunts up to jahara.

Dragonsoul
09-12-2007, 09:52 PM
Let me update my progress. I just finished the Negalmuur auto-leveling. I started at 128 hours and at level 60-61. I finished at 245 hours at level 99, which is 117 hours of auto-leveling. I had Embroidered Tippet's equipped to double my experience gained and I had Haste cast on Negalmuur so he would summon Ghasts faster.

After this I looked out for some top accessories/relics that I could buy an equip. I wasn't sure if I should give everybody a Bubble Belt or a Cat-Ear Hood, so I had three of each purchased.

I signed up for 4 of the final 6 clan hunts, since the last two aren't available to me yet. Currently I'm going to check out the Great Crystal section of Giruvegan and look for the high level enemies to see what people are talking about when they say it's a great place to level up at the end of the game. I haven't checked out Pharos Subterra, another great leveling up place, I'll look at that. I've already been to Lhusu mines extension, Henne mines extension, Nabreus deadlands, Necrohol of Nabudis, and I've done the Negalmuur auto-leveling method.

So after checking out the Great Crystal and Pharos Subterra I will defeat and obtain the espers Ultima and Zodiark. Then I will beat the final clan hunts, although I may save Yiazmat for later. After that I have more stuff, I am not sure yet what order I will complete them yet.

I am starting to become starstruck when I see some of the level design in this game. Giruvegan, Pharos, these places are pretty insanely ultimate. I love it when I transport myself on an orange save crystal to Giruvegan and see the beautiful surroundings, they are great! :)

I have 25 hours left in the game, and will be done within a month. I still plan to play Alundra 1 after this, which will be the 25 hours and less than a month to beat. After this comes Mass Effect, I think it's 75 hours, and it's out on November 20th. Some of you may not know but yesterday Mistwalker announced that Lost Odyssey will come out: December 6th in Japan, January in other Asia countries, and February in Usa and Europe.

I'm annoyed that this ultimate game of Lost Odyssey is delayed, but this will give me more time to play Mass Effect, and I won't be forced to play both at one time. :)

Hazzard
09-12-2007, 10:14 PM
DragonSoul, did I read right, or did it take you more than 100 hours to reach level 99, which would cover around five days?

That's pretty mad, I would never leave it on longer than a day, mate.

BG-57
09-12-2007, 11:10 PM
My primary party is at level 95, my backup party is level 91. I have all the Espers and completed every hunt (except for Yiazmat) and defeated every boss (except Omega). I also have yet to finish the fishing mini-game.

Masamunemaster
09-13-2007, 05:07 AM
I just beat it

Vaan-lvl 65, basch, ashe-59, balthier-58, fran and penelo- 61
I was going to beat zodiark, but got my butt handed to me by about 7 or 8 of those etle things or something like that. and I got bored with the hunts

Dragonsoul
09-13-2007, 05:59 AM
DragonSoul, did I read right, or did it take you more than 100 hours to reach level 99, which would cover around five days?

That's pretty mad, I would never leave it on longer than a day, mate.

Yea, using Negalmuur auto-leveling method, I started at 128 hours and 60/61 levels(3 each) and went up to level 99 after 245 hours, which included 3 hours of random work by me, and I started and stopped a few times. I also used Embroidered Tippet's to double my experience and Haste was cast on Negalmuur so it summons more Ghasts.

I've come pretty close to perfecting the Gambit system for this. My gambits blow everybody else's gambits for this method out of the water. If I wanted to I could leave this on for 150 hours straight and the chain won't break, that's how much work I put into perfecting the Gambits. I'm gonna write a summary and list them also soon. :)

Currently I'm gonna print out maps/guides to Giruvegan Great Crystal and Pharos Subterra, and go there to see how the high level enemies are there, because I haven't checked out the final secret sections of those places. Plus I'm gonna get Ultima, Zodiark, and 5 of the last 6 hunts next. I'll save Yiazmat for later, maybe the last thing I do before the final dungeon, along with Omega Mark XII.

Gargh! Bad timing for this!!! Today when I get home Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1 rental comes in the mail! Should I play that(to see it's apparent ultimateness and what Mass Effect may be like, which I pre-ordered) or play FF XII, which I'm extremely excited about right now.

I have to say something, I am really happy that I'm putting so much work into Final Fantasy XII so I can beat it to 100% completion. It's not the same if I finished it in 100 hours. Me beating it in 270 hours(including 117 hours of Negalmuur auto-levelling from level 60/61 to level 99) is going to be worth it. It makes me sad that for some other ultimates in the past, like Final Fantasy Tactics, I didn't beat the sidequests and now I don't have time to go back and play those again because I barely have time to beat the top new games.

I think that the only games I should beat are the ones I'm willing to beat it to 100% completion, like Final Fantasy XII, Alundra 1, Lost Odyssey, and Mass Effect. I did beat Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus, but I didn't do the bonus missions, not sure if I regret that though, even though I liked that game. Also I had bought Rogue Galaxy and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion but stopped playing each because the first one I realized was not ultimate enough for me to beat and the second one I didn't have time to play 150-200 hours to beat.

Now that Lost Odyssey has been delayed, I wonder if I'll have time after Mass Effect to beat either The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass or Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings. It may be likely that I'll beat some ultimate game from the past I haven't beaten. There are four ultimate teams that I follow. One is the main Final Fantasy team, one is the team by Yasumi Matsuno(FF Tactics, FF XII, etc), one is what I call the "cool team", which has Xenogears, Chrono Cross, and the Xenosaga games, and there is also the team for The Legend of Zelda.

For those four teams I wanted to beat all of their games that I haven't beaten, starting with the earliest one for each. This gives me three options for what game I can beat early next year between Mass Effect and Lost Odyssey. I may skip the older games though. I am not sure yet of my preference but I wonder about yours. Which game should I beat?

Final Fantasy VIII(I may skip FF 1-3, I already beat 4-7)
Tactics Ogre(I already beat Ogre Battle)
Xenogears(I may skip Radical Dreamers, from the same team, I already beat Chrono Trigger)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time(I may skip Zelda 1 and 2, I beat 3 and 4 already)

I may post a thread about this. :D

Levian
09-13-2007, 08:57 AM
Stillshrine of Miriam

Everyone: Level 28

Gonna fight Matteus soon, but I've got Flametongues equipped on everyone and there are some elementals in there that gets life when I hit them, so I might have to backtrack and buy some new weapons :p

Brennan
09-13-2007, 06:25 PM
Beat it a few weeks ago.
My status:
Playing time: 65 hours
Character Levels:
Vaan: 57
Basch: 56
Ashe: 57
Balthier: 15
Fran: 17
Penelo: 19

Dragonsoul
09-13-2007, 08:39 PM
Gah?! How'd you beat it so fast, 65 hours?!

BG-57
09-13-2007, 08:44 PM
From the look of the characters' stats, he only played with three and left the other three unused. You can beat the game easily enough with a level 50+ primary party. It's for the subquests where having higher levels really comes in handy.

Brennan
09-13-2007, 10:05 PM
Gah?! How'd you beat it so fast, 65 hours?!

and i didn't 100% complete it

Colt Viper
09-17-2007, 01:27 PM
i got up to the part where you fight Cid in the draklor labs, then i went ot the pirate town... got distracted by ff8 and starwars kotor 2, my levels were above 30 maybe 34 can't be sure...i started again and now im lvl 10 and haven't meet balthier yet.

Dragonsoul
09-20-2007, 12:00 AM
Nothing too bad to be distracted by FF VIII, which is great. How good is Star Wars: KotOR 2?

DarkMateria
09-23-2007, 12:20 AM
Watching ending credits right now (literally)
Vaan- 69
Balthier-69
Penolo-68
everybody else 20's and 30's
73 hours

not the best way to play the game but it worked for me.

Dragonsoul
09-23-2007, 01:39 AM
Great work!

Buy Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings!!!

It comes out on November 20th for Nintendo DS are you getting it? I'm gonna buy this game the day it comes out and I'll have it preordered and will get the guide and buy a DS for it. :D

Hazzard
09-23-2007, 01:49 AM
Great work!

It comes out on November 20th for Nintendo DS are you getting it? I'm gonna buy this game the day it comes out and I'll have it preordered and will get the guide and buy a DS for it. :D

North America, I'm presuming? Any release date for Europe?

10-Breaker
09-23-2007, 12:41 PM
Everyone lvl 54.
3rd time playing through.
Searching for ''King Behemoth'', chance to enter ''Bahamut''.

ReloadPsi
09-23-2007, 02:24 PM
Some kinda beach area, having just entered the empire's territory on foot.

Then I sold it for a fiver.

Hazzard
09-23-2007, 02:32 PM
Some kinda beach area, having just entered the empire's territory on foot.

Then I sold it for a fiver.

You mean the Phon Coast, and you're nearing Archades.

Dragonsoul
09-24-2007, 01:24 AM
Great work!

That's the North American date, check wikipedia for info on a Europe date.

Your sig shows...
Games To Get:
Lost Odyssey (Xbox360 Feb. 2008)
Mass Effect (Xbox360 Nov. 23. 2007)
White Knight Story (PS3 TBA. 2008)
XII Renevant Wings (DS Winter. 2007)
Final Fantasy XIII (PS3 TBA. 2008)
Final Fantasy Versus XIII (PS3 TBA. 2008)

Those are great games! I'm getting LO, FF XII: RW, FF XIII, and FF V XIII from that list. I changed my mind for ME, so that I can spend time beating some older rpg's I haven't beaten yet. I was thinking of getting WKS, but there are more important games coming out for me. I'm also getting FF VII: CC, and FF T A2.

When is FF VII: Before Crisis coming out?!

Skyblade
09-24-2007, 02:17 AM
Heading to Archades, though doing the hunts out of Nalbina first.

All characters: level 42

Vaan: Platinum Sword
Balthier: Fomalhaut (it was in the chest behind the Antlion :))
Fran: Yoichi Bow
Ashe: Deathbringer
Basch: Morning Star
Penelo: Zwill Crossblade

Hazzard
09-24-2007, 06:08 AM
Your sig shows...
Games To Get:
Lost Odyssey (Xbox360 Feb. 2008)
Mass Effect (Xbox360 Nov. 23. 2007)
White Knight Story (PS3 TBA. 2008)
XII Renevant Wings (DS Winter. 2007)
Final Fantasy XIII (PS3 TBA. 2008)
Final Fantasy Versus XIII (PS3 TBA. 2008)

Those are great games! I'm getting LO, FF XII: RW, FF XIII, and FF V XIII from that list. I changed my mind for ME, so that I can spend time beating some older rpg's I haven't beaten yet. I was thinking of getting WKS, but there are more important games coming out for me. I'm also getting FF VII: CC, and FF T A2.

When is FF VII: Before Crisis coming out?!

I've decided that I'll get a PS3 before the XBOX360, cause Final Fantasy is much more significant in my eyes than most other RPGs. The others can wait.

I also would of got Crisis Core, but my PSP is broken, so I might end up having to get a new to play that game if it's really good, plus I want Dissdia and the other FF's coming through on the handheld console.

Nifleheim7
09-24-2007, 12:01 PM

You don't need a European release...The DS is region free so you can order it when it's out in the U.S.
It will probably cost you much less than buying it from a UK retailer.

Lawr
09-24-2007, 12:14 PM
I just got the final esper, Zodiark, and the Zodiac Spear. I'm trying to get a second one, but it'll take a while and I have only four more hunts to do. I don't think I'm going to finish anytime soon with a complete game. I'm not sure about playing time though either, I'll maybe check later.

My Levels
Vaan-99
Penelo-99
Basch-99
Ashe-31
Fran-26
Balthier-26

Dragonsoul
09-24-2007, 09:47 PM
I've decided that I'll get a PS3 before the XBOX360, cause Final Fantasy is much more significant in my eyes than most other RPGs. The others can wait.

I also would of got Crisis Core, but my PSP is broken, so I might end up having to get a new to play that game if it's really good, plus I want Dissdia and the other FF's coming through on the handheld console.

Final Fantasy XIII is my favorite upcoming rpg for the period of Fall 2007 to Fall 2008, beating out FF XII: RW, Lost Odyssey, FF VII: CC, FF T A2, and FF VII: BC(if it comes out in this time). Crisis Core is by much of the same team for FF VII: Before Crisis, a Japanese cellphone rpg, not out in Usa yet. All these Final Fantasy VII compilation projects(6 major ones, and four minor ones) are not from the total main Final Fantasy team, but are from other teams basically. The main FF team worked on X, then X-2, and is now working on XIII. XI was from another team, so was XII and XII: RW.

This is kinda annoying because I thought it would be cool if the main FF team had worked on these projects. They would be better, but FF XIII would be delayed. Do you think FF VII: CC will be better than FF Tactics A2 or Lost Odyssey?

Lynx
09-26-2007, 01:14 AM
well ive been done with the game for quite sometime but jsut picked it up again to finish up all the side quests minus the zodiac spear seeing as i screwed my chances in the beginning of the game.

anyways.
vaan lvl 65
balthier lvl 65
ashe lvl 65
fran lvl 22
basche lvl 23
pannelo lvl 22

all espers but zodiark and ultima
30 rare games found and killed
and only hunts i have left are gilgamesh 2nd fight, shadowseer, behemoth king, yiazamat and omega whateverXIIXIXI

Tabris
09-29-2007, 05:36 PM
I am now running around in Feywood. My party have all their quickenings and are at:

Vaan 47
Balthier 41
Fran 41
Basch 41
Ashe 41
Penelo 41

remnant1
09-29-2007, 06:49 PM
dude,sephiroth spawn,you really need to keep your people at a balanced level,when you get to the hard optional bosses,youll need to subsitute.

ive beaten the game,and ive done all side thinges exept the fishing quest and killing a certain mark and yaizmat and omega markXll

Skyblade
09-29-2007, 07:33 PM
Doing side quests after arriving in Balfonheim. Currently, I'm getting whooped by Gilgamesh's second encounter. His battles are just so much fun. And Clash on the Big Bridge works perfectly.

Skyblade
10-01-2007, 11:37 PM
I didn't really want to dual post, but...

Gilgamesh: Vanquished.

My Level 61 team beat him with no deaths or character substitution. It did cost me three Chronos Tears, but I'll live with that. Oh, and I left Enkidu alive through his first phase in both battles in order to hear all of Gilgamesh's lines. Those fights were so awesome.

Ashe: Deathbringer, Gengi Shield, Maximillian (from a very kind chest in Lhusu), Leather Hat (not sure if a lower magic resist helps Reverse and Lure to hit more often or not, but I figured it couldn't hurt, since Gilgamesh and Enkidu are purely physical), and Gauntlets. I'd switch out the Gengi Shield for my Ensanguined Shield (from the Balfonheim chest) and grab a Main Gauche whenever Enkidu used Crushing Fangs, in order to get as high block as possible against that instant death attack.

Fran: Zodiac Spear, Crown of Laurels, Minerva Bustier (those last two from monsters on my way to picking up the spear), and the Gengi Gloves. Usually she uses a bow, but the Yoichi Bow does not compare to this spear, and I couldn't let those gloves go to waste.

Balthier: Fomalhaut and Wyrmfire Shot (very useful against Oiled Enkidu), Giant Helm, Diamond Armor, and Jade Collar (didn't think it was worth giving him the Bubble Belt).

Incredibly fun battle. The second phase was a pain, but, once the main phase was over and Enkidu was taken out, fairly straightforward, as Gilgamesh's Lv attacks just bought me time, and his other attacks, including Monarch Sword, failed against three characters Gambited to ensure Reverse/Decoy stayed on Ashe. Easily one of my favorite battles in the game, although it did have me very frustrated with the deaths caused by that annoying little dog. And now I have the full Genji set. Yay!

No more Elite Marks to hunt, so once I pick up the Yagyu Darkblade I'll be on my way to the regular hunts before moving on to the Feywood.

ScottNUMBERS
10-06-2007, 01:51 PM
I'm at the orange Pharos Crystal with all my characters 52-53, I haven't played in a while after Ixion started refusing to meet me for a rematch in the Subterra.

No.78
10-06-2007, 03:42 PM
At the end, my people are like 70-90 or so I think... I just couldn't beat Zodiark!!!

I've started a new game anyway, currently at Rogue Tomato XP

Reasoniamalive
10-21-2007, 10:14 AM
Progress: 1st gamesave - All marks vanquished, no Duranjo, Yagyu Darkblade, Sagitarrius Bow, Dragon Whisker, Holy Lance, Tournesol, second Masamune, or Wyrmhero Blade...and maybe a few others I can't think of ATM. Omega Mark XII and Zodiark also not vanquished.

2nd gamesave (different playthrough) - corrected problems w/not having the Tournesol, second Masamune and vanquished Omega and Zodiark...after 3 failed attempts. = 3

3rd *current playthrough* - going for a 'perfect file' now. Just obtained Penelo, levels: 45 and 46/47(?)

Yiazmat
10-21-2007, 02:24 PM
Perfecter Game 100% Complete. Everything that can be done has been done.

The only thing that I haven't been able to do is get another Zodiac Spear in Henne Mines: Special Charter Dig. That doesn't apply in a perfecter game though.

Crossblades
10-21-2007, 04:54 PM
I just beat Dr.Cid in the Draklor Lab and now I'm gonna do the Great Cockatrice Escape sidequest. Here's are my characters' jobs and levels:

Vaan - Shikari Level 45

Balthier - Machinist Level 40

Basch - Uhlan Level 41

Ashe - Knight Level 41

Fran - Black Mage Level 41

Penelo - White Mage Level 40

This is the International Zodiac Job System version of FF XII that I'm playing btw. I'm about 42 hours into the game

Reasoniamalive
10-23-2007, 08:48 AM

The only thing that I haven't been able to do is get another Zodiac Spear in Henne Mines: Special Charter Dig. That doesn't apply in a perfecter game though.

What's a 'perfecter game'? I mean...your definition of one?

Yiazmat
10-23-2007, 07:24 PM

What's a 'perfecter game'? I mean...your definition of one?

At least one of every single weapon, armor, helm, and accessory availible in the game. License board for each character complete, All Espers defeated, All Mark Hunts including Elite Hunts defeated. Sky Pirate's Den complete. Etc...

pyrefly maiden
10-30-2007, 05:20 PM
Second playthrough, up before going into bahamut and trying to complete all the sidequests but getting bored with levelling up -_-

Lenneth
10-30-2007, 09:38 PM
Third playthrough, Stilshrine of Miriam, attempting to set up the Negelmuur trick for some ez lvlz.

Clawsze
11-02-2007, 08:56 PM
Forced Second Playthrough due to Corrupted File when I got to the Stilshrine of Miriam(Lvl 34 for main, lowest possible for others)

Right now, I'm at the Nam-Yensa Sandsea, All my party is lvl 18 and I can't be bothered to go turn on my PS2 jst to get more info, but here are my characters "jobs.

Vaan: Tank and Healer. (Primary Leader)
Basch: Damage Dealer and Mist Knack Starter.
Balthier: Damage Dealer and Healer. (Balthier+Pole=Uber)
Ashe: Offensive Spellcaster (Ashe+Mace=Uber)
Fran: General Spellcaster (Secondary Leader because she has such low HP, I can't trust she'll survive)
Penelo: Defensive Spellcaster. (She can't even hit well with a gun...)

At the moment, Balthier is my best for damage dealing, but Vaan is my best overall as his attack is decent(160-200) and his magick is strong.

10-Breaker
11-11-2007, 11:39 PM
Yeesh... I started over again.
Everyone lvl 45 except Fran lvl46. Gilgamesh defeated 2nd time.
Current weaponry:
Vaan: Zodiac spear
Fran: Yoichi bow + Assassin Arrows
Balthier: Fomalhaut + Wyrm shot/Onion shot
Ashe: Stoneblade + Genji Shield
Basch: Save the queen (Anyday soon Ultima Blade... -.-)
Penelo: Yagui Darkblade/Stoneblade + Demon shield (Or was it Daemon? I dont remember now... ^^')

rayquaza0
01-13-2008, 08:13 AM
Ok, here's my progress report; (MAIN Party ONLY)
Vaan; lv 54 - Main Roles; Dps and backup Healer - HP 3900 MP 540
Main Gambits
Ally>Any (>) Arise
Foe>Lowest HP (>) Attack
Ally<50%HP (>) Curaja
Foe>Flying (>) Telekenises
Ally>Any (>) Protega
Ally>Any(>) Esunaga
Items
Helm (>) Mage Power Shishak
Chest (>) Maximillian
Weapon (>)Death Bringer Sword
Shield (>) Ensanguined Shield
Accessory (>) Thief Cuff's (the best stealing accessory in the world ^^)
Bash; Lv 54 - Main Roles; Tank - HP 4200 MP 380
Main Gambits
Ally>Any (>) Arise
Foe>Party Leaders Target (>) Attack
Ally<50%HP (>) Curaja
Foe>Flying (>) Telekenises
Ally>Any (>) Shellga
Items
Helm (>) Mage Power Shishak
Chest (>) Maximillian
Weapon (>)Save The Queen
Accessory (>) Genji Gloves (It's great, the chaining is fantastic since with beserk/decoy and bubble cast on him, Basch never dies and deals 4500+ dmg each hit and he also chains up to 4 hits up to 50% of the time!)
Balthier; Lv 55 - Main Roles; Healer/Caster/Minor Dps - Hp 3800 MP 495
Main Gambits
Ally>Any (>) Arise
Foe>Any (>) Displega
Foe>Party leaders target (>) Attack
Ally<50%HP (>) Curaja
Ally>Any (>) Bubble
Ally>Any (>) Haste
Ally>Basch (>) Beserk
Ally>Bash (>) Decoy
Ally>Any (>) Bubble
Items
Helm (>) Renewing Marion
Armour (>) Mirage Vest
Weapon (>) Zodiac Spear (Nice Dps, so caster can defend/Attack)
Accessory (>) Sages Ring (PRO TO THE MAX ^^)

This party has made it up to thee part just before the pharos, im grinding them as well as levelling my lv 19 twinks in the game XD as well as farming and doing the hunts I'm alsos hunting down alot of espers ^^

Personally i see no use of having ranged weapons besides spells if your not allowed to use the Ensanguined Shield

loza
01-18-2008, 06:06 AM
At the mo I'm taking a little break from the game because i nearly punched the T.V with frustration ^^
My characters are Lv. 25-27ish
Ashe is the strogest white mage, recovering 700ish each time she uses Cura
Penello is also a white Mage with exactly the same Ganbits as Ashe.
Ganbits are something like:
1 Ally: Hp critical - Cura:D
2 Ally: Hp critical - Hi-poition:p
3 Ally: Hp <80% - Regen ;)
4 Ally: Hp <60% - Cura:D
5 Ally: Status Confuse - Esuna :)
6 Ally: Status Blind -Blindna:cool:
7 Self(or Ally can't remember) status Silence- Attack:tongue:
8 Self - Charge:greenie:
(I only add charge in boss battles)
Basch is the strongest with a type of hand Axe.
His ganbits are attack a foe (i.e if a foe is on low Hp he automactically attacks that 1) and heal a person on low Hp
Vann Has a blood sword and has simmilar ganbits to Basch
Fran has a bow (forget what type) and her ganbits are to attack and heal people
Balthier has a crossbow (not the lowest type but not a very high one) I use him as a long range attack person. His ganbits are just like Basch's

I tend to control Fran or Balthier when i fight. I go behind the enemy attacking and healing anyone who gets low Hp

Everyone knows their Quickenings (all 3). Basch can summon Bealis (the fire dude) and Ashe can summon the Ice chick (can't member the names well!)

I think i'm not doingvery well because i got people to learn the magicks first and not the Augments! Fran is the quickest because she has leart 3 Swiftness things on the licence board and is going 4 a 4th one! ^^

I'm up to seeking into Achrcadies Where you have to fight Ahrindain:rolleyes2 (something like that ^^) ghost thing!!! Every time i do it he splits in two and all baring one person is alive (useually it's Vaan, most useless of all the characters) and i don't have any Mp left or Pheonix downs ^^ joy!

AND did i forget to mention that this is my first time playing this game?

Hazzard
01-18-2008, 09:53 PM
Word of advice, losa. If you've just reached Archades now, and you're around levels 25-27, then you're in need of a serious level grinding session, that might be the reason for why you're struggling at the moment.

Get to level 35 and the game will prove to be a little more easier, also care not to make every single character heal each other, because it inadvertently wastes their Magic Points. Stick to only having your two white mages use all the curative magics, but refrain from setting their gambits to using valuable items as well. Further more, it's technically not a brilliant idea to keep overusing your cura magic; just make it useful once for your white mage (Ally: <60%) scrap the regen, because it's not necessarily vital for buffing up a character. Add charge all the time (just in case you've fallen into a pits end battle, and you're drained of MP - set it to ---> Self: Charge <20%).

It's recommended that all melee characters should be equipped with swords/ poles/katanas, etc...but an axe or hammer is definitely not advisable to use, because it varies in damage points and is fairly unpredictable, being the most unreliable weapon in the game. So yeah, don't give Basch an Axe, replace it with a sword. For now.

Old Man
01-24-2008, 03:22 PM
Last night I bet ff12, Total time 184 hours. all hunts complete, every weapon , all side quests. Now I need a good game to play. I do not have a PS3. Any suggestions ?:beer:

Hazzard
01-24-2008, 09:57 PM
Last night I bet ff12, Total time 184 hours. all hunts complete, every weapon , all side quests. Now I need a good game to play. I do not have a PS3. Any suggestions ?:beer:

Go to General Gaming Discussion. A game you should buy, and that I fully recommended is Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

marysonnie
01-25-2008, 03:17 AM
I am in my second playthrough; I really want Order of Ambrosia but suck hardcore at pulling off Concurrences so that's really out of the question. I have yet to use a quickening in this game, incidentally. At the very least, I want the Tournesol and to finish all hunts and beat all Espers.

Right now I'm in Balfonheim. I haven't yet visited Giruvegen, but my levels are very high considering as is my equipment. I can't play, though, as I don't have a PS2 with me at college.

Aerith's Knight
01-27-2008, 11:53 PM
first playthrough

that tomb with the dawn shard

all lvl 14, expect for balthier, fran and ashe, who are lvl 13

just defeated the wall

everyone is a healer and everyone can attack, no one really uses black magic

edit: the love of god.. I just read others.. am i underleveled or what?

Dragon Mage
01-28-2008, 12:11 AM
ja, I'm not going to go into much detail like many have here. I got this game for Christmas, this is my first playthrough. Anywho, I just got out of the Cataract of Ridorana (sp?) and all my chars (with the exception of Penelo lvl 20) are at level 57, with the best armor and weapons that money can buy, so far. I'm now going to embark on many hunts that need doing, and then I'll see about Bahamut.

If I were Balthier, I would've punched Cid in his last moments and called him a wanker.

that is all.

P.S. OMG AK, how did you survive that far into the game at that level?! You're not going to be able to defeat the 2nd wall, i can tell you that much, unless you're a god at Quickenings. I died about 20 times before I finally got the 2nd one. (I did them in reverse order. so 1=2nd and 2nd=1). You need to level up a lot!

Aerith's Knight
01-28-2008, 01:39 AM
ja, I'm not going to go into much detail like many have here. I got this game for Christmas, this is my first playthrough. Anywho, I just got out of the Cataract of Ridorana (sp?) and all my chars (with the exception of Penelo lvl 20) are at level 57, with the best armor and weapons that money can buy, so far. I'm now going to embark on many hunts that need doing, and then I'll see about Bahamut.

If I were Balthier, I would've punched Cid in his last moments and called him a wanker.

that is all.

P.S. OMG AK, how did you survive that far into the game at that level?! You're not going to be able to defeat the 2nd wall, i can tell you that much, unless you're a god at Quickenings. I died about 20 times before I finally got the 2nd one. (I did them in reverse order. so 1=2nd and 2nd=1). You need to level up a lot!

I defeated the 2nd wall already with all my char at lvl 13 and 14

cause im awsome like that :p

Northcrest
01-28-2008, 02:25 AM
I beat the game but need to beat Yizamat and Omega Mark XII but all of my characters r like lvl 79 or 80 i don't remember.

Tabris
02-04-2008, 11:53 AM
I am now on my second playthrough. I have just been at Jahara, and am now doing hunts before I am off to Bur-Omisace.