PDA

View Full Version : Lost Odyssey Delayed!!! Dec 6th Japan, Feb 2008 Usa/Europe!!

Dragonsoul
09-12-2007, 07:18 AM
Lost Odyssey got delayed! Put me on suicide watch! :)

RPGamer - News Bulletin - Lost Odyssey Dated in Japan, Delayed Elsewhere (http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q3-2007/091107d.html)
R P G A M E R - N E W S B U L L E T I N
Lost Odyssey Dated in Japan, Delayed Elsewhere
BILLY YOUNG
HEAD OF NEW UPDATES

Today, at Microsoft's pre-Tokyo Game Show press conference, the company announced that Lost Odyssey will be released in Japan on December 6 for 6800 yen. The game is currently 95% complete but will not be playable during TGS, though Sakaguchi did play through a bit onstage. They also mentioned that they would be holding a concert for the game in November, where the game will be playable.

In other Asian areas, the game will be released in January 2008, while both North America and Europe must wait until February 2008. Stay tuned to RPGamer for new details as the Tokyo Game Show grows ever closer.

---

Gah! I was worried about this because they weren't announcing a date. I'll be done with Final Fantasy XII within a month, then will beat Alundra 1 in a months time, then I can get to work on Mass Effect when it comes out on November 20th. Too bad I have to wait for Lost Odyssey! :D

Ouch!
09-12-2007, 10:31 PM
Oh bugger. I got it pre-ordered anyway, and I'm sure Brawl and Halo 3 will still be providing plenty of entertainment.

Elite Lord Sigma
09-12-2007, 10:47 PM
Oh, drat. I've forgotten what this game is. Time for me to go on Wikipedia again...

Dragonsoul
09-13-2007, 05:39 AM
I'm suprised that not many people talk about this game. Many people talked about Blue Dragon, but in my opinion Lost Odyssey towers above it in ultimateness. Why do people like Blue Dragon more than Lost Odyssey? I think Lost Odyssey seems more similar to Final Fantasy!

I'm sad, I want Lost Odyssey!! The top "traditional Japanese" console rpg's for me that have come out after Final Fantasy XII so far have been:

.hack//G.U. Vol. 2//Reminisce - has a cult following, kinda good
Persona 3 - This is a great game
Blue Dragon - This game was hyped a lot, but may not meet the hype
Wild Arms 5 - This game has a cult following, kinda good
.hack//G.U. Vol. 3//Redemption - has a cult following, kinda good

I didn't like Blue Dragon and I thought that although Persona 3 was pretty good, it wasn't good enough for me to buy. The other three games I haven't rented yet and I after getting info on them it appears that they are kinda good but don't have a huge ultimate following. I'll have to rent them.

The next "ultimate"(for me) traditional Japanese console rpg to come out probably will be Lost Odyssey(February 2008), although I am not sure how good Folklore or The Last Remnant will be.

Gah! Final Fantasy XII came out on October 31st 2006 and probably the next ultimate similar game for me is coming out 16 months later!!! This is a long wait for me! Of course there are other genres of rpg's but I'm talking about traditional Japanese console rpg's, and only the top ones that I like the most.

Rostum
09-13-2007, 06:53 AM
You should wait to see what SE reveal at the Tokyo Game Show. I believe they have announced that they are building up a franchise on the Xbox360, so we'll see what else they have to offer. That is if you are worried about RPG's coming to Xbox360.

I don't know anything about Lost Odyssey to be honest -- I haven't been following any PS3, Xbox360 or Wii stuff at all. Infact, Bioshock for PC is the first next-gen game I've played. :p

JKTrix
09-13-2007, 01:23 PM
It's funny how Sakaguchi DIED when he was demonstrating this game.

Anyway, Lost Odyssey looks pretty but I don't really care about the game now, especially after Blue Dragon wasn't particularly revolutionary (and especially since it's so far away). It looks like the same ol' average JRPG.

We likely won't be hearing any worthwhile gameplay information about the game until November, when it will be playable for the public at a Japan press event. Until then, the game's off my radar.

XxSephirothxX
09-13-2007, 03:48 PM
I don't think the lack of ultimateness in the winter line-up of 360 RPGs is going to be much of a problem.

Dragonsoul
09-13-2007, 08:25 PM
You should wait to see what SE reveal at the Tokyo Game Show.

I bet they are going to announce that their completion percentages of FF XIII(13%) and FF V XIII(1.3%) were a joke and that Final Fantasy XIII will come out on November 19th in Usa! Hehe, they actually probably won't announce release dates, but I think they'll show new videos.

Also, I earlier talked about the lack of ultimate(for me) traditional Japanese console rpg's in the time between FF XII and Lost Odyssey.

It should be noted, for me specifically, that some handheld traditional rpgs are coming out that are great, one is Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core!

Rostum
09-15-2007, 01:49 AM
Also, I earlier talked about the lack of ultimate(for me) traditional Japanese console rpg's in the time between FF XII and Lost Odyssey.

There are heaps out there. I have a list of at least 8 jRPG's I need to buy *cough* download *cough* for PS2 alone.

Dragonsoul
09-15-2007, 07:57 AM
I'm talking about for my own preference, since there aren't as many I like right now. Anyways, I'd like to say that after playing Blue Dragon, my confidence is going down for Lost Odyssey. Blue Dragon didn't have good music for the hour I played, I'm scared for Lost Odyssey!