PDA

View Full Version : eyesonff

Serapy
09-13-2007, 07:41 PM
Eyesonff.it - coming soon! (http://www.eyesonff.it/)

What is this site? The site is in Dutch, I think. I can't help it but thinking that the site may have ripped off the orginal name of our community. Unless you prove me wrong, discuss.

Hazzard
09-13-2007, 07:44 PM
The forum and site looks cool, and at least it's competition.

Serapy
09-13-2007, 07:52 PM
Yes, that's fine but they just can't use the same rivalry names of other websites in order to be competitive, it's just wrong. A lack of copyright infringement, I believe.

Odaisé Gaelach
09-13-2007, 08:00 PM
Wasn't there meant to be some huge project to translate the front site into Italian a few years ago.

Ouch!
09-13-2007, 08:03 PM
Judging by all the copyrights down at the bottom of every page (I'm sure at least one of them applies to this site), I smell a lawsuit.

That'd be so cool.

Old Manus
09-13-2007, 08:12 PM
.it is definately a dutch suffix.

Also old news

Quindiana Jones
09-13-2007, 08:15 PM
OMG. Let's sue.

OMG. How cool would it be to have a lawyer called Sue?

Miriel
09-13-2007, 08:27 PM
All this has happened before, and this will all happen again.

KentaRawr!
09-13-2007, 08:41 PM
There was another Eyesonff.it from a long time ago. It was all black, though, and had a pretty similar style in the banner. However, it was more of a box than a page. On the right was a picture, and on the left was the menu. I don't think they had much in there, either. >_>

They should call it GoeOnFF instead. :choc2:

Edit: Upon checking out their main page, it definitely bears similarities to our main page, but on the other hand, it's not like our site's design is unique. Also, instead of putting the FF Movies and the Games together, they're separated. It seems as though there's lots of original art on the site, too. But what I like is this: They have Emulators and Roms still. We don't anymore, which is sad making. They also have FF Music for download! Sadly, Square had to be a dork and make us get rid of ours. :mad:

Renmiri
09-13-2007, 08:42 PM
That's not Dutch, that is Italian! And .it is the suffix for Italy

Polaris
09-13-2007, 08:44 PM
That's not Dutch, that is Italian! And .it is the suffix for Italy

True :p the forum titles are at least in italian ;) but who's gonna sue who?:eek:

Serapy
09-13-2007, 08:50 PM
I just find it unfair. Obviously, eyesonff.com has a lot of visitors and then there's eyesonff.it all of sudden, I think they made the same name in order to get more hits off us due to the same name being >.>

And who cares what the language in that site is? That wasn't the main point why I made this thread.

Peegee
09-13-2007, 08:53 PM
I'm not sure how copyright laws work cross-country, but being that they are in .it domain, aren't they free to do whatever they want?

Serapy
09-13-2007, 09:10 PM
Not really. Only the company name that counts, no matter what domain it is.

When a new domain comes out (e.g. .zi) and go ahead and register youtube.zi. You will be expecting a lot of lawsuits from Google >.>.

There was an incident, some dude made a website (Mikesoft.com or something like that, I forget). All of sudden, Microsoft made a lawsuit for the guy for making a similar website name to Microsoft. But the guy charged them, said if Microsoft wants to remove mikesoft.com then they have to pay the guy, which they did. For around $1k, I think.

But I don't think nobody will sue eyesonff because we aren't exactly rich, not enough money to sue. Doesn't matter anyway.

KentaRawr!
09-13-2007, 09:11 PM
Actually, it was MikeRowsoft. I think Mike Row was his name, and he just put the soft there as a play on words. Kinda dumb lawsuit, though, if you ask me.

cloud21zidane16
09-13-2007, 09:33 PM
site looks pretty cool.

Psychotic
09-13-2007, 09:50 PM
I wonder if threads that say "Quel il maialecane americano bastardo ha rubato il nostro EoFF!*" are posted on the Italian EoFF from time to time.

*Those bastard American pigdogs have stolen our EoFF!

Quindiana Jones
09-13-2007, 09:56 PM
I wonder if threads that say "Quel il maialecane americano bastardo ha rubato il nostro EoFF!*" are posted on the Italian EoFF from time to time.

Chances are they still have ones about how much people hate you.

You're internationally hated, Psy.

Big Ogre Umaro
09-13-2007, 11:35 PM

I've been to the American legal system. I know where it is and I am going to take us there.

Lawr
09-13-2007, 11:42 PM
Lol. It's in freakin' Italian, not Dutch.
Law-suit!! Law-suit!!
Letter Opener!!

Renmiri
09-13-2007, 11:46 PM

Testa di cazzo! Cid non e americano Cid e britannico.

Ouch!
09-14-2007, 12:26 AM

I've been to the American legal system. I know where it is and I am going to take us there.
Why would someone want you to represent them in court?

Edit: There's international copyright laws as agreed on by some convention or another back in the '60s. Don't you guys ever read the warnings before movies?

Miriel
09-14-2007, 01:07 AM

Why would someone want you to represent them in court?

Edit: There's international copyright laws as agreed on by some convention or another back in the '60s. Don't you guys ever read the warnings before movies?

And don't you ever watch Battlestar Galactica? C'mon now.

XxSephirothxX
09-14-2007, 01:11 AM
So say we all?

Rengori
09-14-2007, 01:24 AM
I say we just let them be, they're just an Italian site that loves FF like we do. Well actually, they probably love FF in a less creepy way so we still win.

Shlup
09-14-2007, 01:32 AM
You people got a problem with my site? A girl can't try to make some cash on the side?

Rengori
09-14-2007, 01:35 AM
You people got a problem with my site? A girl can't try to make some cash on the side?
That's what prostitution is for, sweetie.

Loony BoB
09-14-2007, 01:07 PM
That site has been there for ages and if I remember rightly, Cid was cool with it since it's in a different language and isn't ripping our content.

Iceglow
09-16-2007, 05:44 PM
well really none of us have the say, I guess it's up to the new owners if they wanna take the lawsuit...