PDA

View Full Version : Lunar Base - annoying mini-game

Cocaine_Rikky
09-13-2007, 08:39 PM
Yeah, so I'm in space right now and I as Squall am trying to save Riona (I think), by the end of disc 3. Problem is, I have no idea how to get it over with'.
Some say that as long as you are visible during the whole 1min30sec period, it should be fine, though that's Not the case for me.
Others say you should try to position yourself in the middle of the screen the whole time. That, again, does Not work for me. I keep having the same message at the end "Rinoa was lost in space...forever" I really don't know what to do anymore. Help please..? It would be Much appretiated!!

Hazzard
09-13-2007, 08:50 PM
I hated this part of the game too, although what you have to do is definitely keep in the middle of the screen, but be aware to maneuver Squall by pressing the button which makes him float quicker, and also care to use the button which keeps him central by heading straight towards Rinoa.

Eventually, you'll succeed. Trust me.

Tallulah
09-13-2007, 09:09 PM
I purposely lose that cow in space... :p

Just kidding. What I try and do is get Rinoa's figure in the centre of the screen, and a little bit towards the bottom, because I find she tends to float upwards slightly when you run out of time.

Still, irritating minigame that burgles your time, as you have found out. And no way to skip it, as it is central to the convoluted, crumbling plot... anyway, I've said too much... :rolleyes2

Cocaine_Rikky
09-13-2007, 10:39 PM
Okay, well I finally did it. But it was thanks to your advices I would say.
Thanks guys, appreciate it

Heath
09-17-2007, 07:26 PM
It's definitely up there with the most irritating Final Fantasy mini-games. It just felt a bit of a pointless mini-game too, really.

ff is da best
09-18-2007, 08:07 AM
i was so lost when i first did that mini game...

ReloadPsi
09-18-2007, 11:22 PM
I always thought that minigame was kind of impossible to lose: Hold cancel and you're done.

Totally pointless.

Goldenboko
09-19-2007, 12:35 AM
I wish they let you let Rinoa float helplessly in space :cry:

Takara
09-19-2007, 01:45 AM
I wish they let you let Rinoa float helplessly in space :cry:

I concur.