PDA

View Full Version : Yet more help needed with PS2 Flip top ( Can't get a tab back in)

Spawn of Sephiroth
09-13-2007, 11:57 PM
Ok, I have looked. I even tried to leave it out but the top keeps coming off. I can't get this one freaking tab back in. I am getting really irritated and no freaking thing I can find online will help me or show how its suppose to go on. Someone help please!!!!!!

The tab I can't get in is the one on the right in Figure #6 or the one in Figure # 9.

Flip Top PS2 Photo by modchips.com (http://www.mod-chip.com/Lite/Flip_Top_Install_V12.pdf)

o_O
09-14-2007, 12:33 AM
I haven't installed a fliptop lid on a slimline PS2, but the one I bought for my big PS2 wasn't very well made. It replaced the whole top half of the console, but I could barely get it to fit over the memory card and controller ports or the DVD drive, so I had to force it on, and eventually got there.
Then the memory card cover mount just snapped before I put it into the console, so I just glued it onto the lid.
Then I couldn't get the new power/reset PCB mounts in (they were made for, and slotted into the new lid, yet still didn't fit) so I had to alter them a little. I cut a bit off of the mount and it worked fine.

The point is, it's an unofficial 3rd-party mod, and not from an altogether reputable source, so it makes sense that it's not well made. If you get a craft knife, you can probably shave a little off of the lid to allow the tab to slot in. The main thing is that you get the screws back in, as that's what is holding the lid there, not just the tab.