PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me someone here is reading or has read this series.

Gopher Gamble
09-14-2007, 03:35 PM
The Wheel of Time. My friend got me started on them and there awsome! I'm on the fith book "Fires of Heaven" and I'm addicted. I've read all four previous books within 2 months and their huge! Tell me someone here is reading this!

Captain Maxx Power
09-14-2007, 04:39 PM
We had a big fat discussion about it a long time ago. I am a major Wheel-head, and will stop all of my social activities and read through the final book once it comes out. My favourite character by far is Mat Cauthon, he's just plain wicked awesome. I also imagined Thom looked like Brian Blessed despite the fact his actual description means he's completely different. :cool:

qwertysaur
09-15-2007, 12:58 AM
I love that series. I'm reading book eleven right now, and it keeps getting better and better.

Resha
09-15-2007, 03:43 AM
Hell yeah. Only I bought book 11 a looong time ago and I haven't read it. I need to go back and revisit the others to remind myself what is what, but that is one tedious task :p

DamselFly
09-15-2007, 05:43 AM
I've never even heard of it before, what is it about?

The Unknown Guru
09-15-2007, 07:27 PM
I couldn't find the first one, but I'm about halfway through the second one. It's pretty good so far.

Bunny
09-15-2007, 07:57 PM
On a whim I bought the first nine books awhile back. It was the worst literary-related mistake I have ever made.

Resha
09-15-2007, 08:22 PM
On a whim I bought the first nine books awhile back. It was the worst literary-related mistake I have ever made.
O! Why? As far as an interesting read goes, ain't they pretty fine?

Gopher Gamble
09-18-2007, 01:43 PM

Gaaaah! How could you think that????!!!! And my favorite character is Perrin.

Araciel
09-18-2007, 09:10 PM
cap'n power have you played the D20 Rpg?!

also, yes i read the series...well that is to say i read it, since there will no longer be many more books :cry:

Bunny
09-19-2007, 02:01 AM
O! Why? As far as an interesting read goes, ain't they pretty fine?

No. They are absolutely atrocious, as stated in my first post. I cannot stand Jordan's writing style at all. I got halfway through the first book before setting it down and saying "Fuck this :skull::skull::skull::skull:."

Gaaaah! How could you think that????!!!! And my favorite character is Perrin.

Easy. I speak honest truths as they apply to my own person. I did not like the book and I do not understand how other people can read Jordan's work. But that's just my opinion.

Vincent, Thunder God
09-22-2007, 04:52 AM
I started it ages ago and eventually lost interest, and I recently restarted it. I'd already finished books 1-3, and now I'm almost done the third again, so that I'll finally be moving on to something new with book 4.

For a while I made little progress when I was busy with school, but I have way more time for the series now that I'm out of school and working independently to finish high school. I've found book 3 has interested me the most so far, but that's probably because it's the one I least remember. I've so far liked the Great Hunt (book 2) the least - I just found it sort of predictable and boring. I thought that overall Book 1 was the most well-written, but it's plot failed to interest me as much as book 3's.

isaac17
09-25-2007, 04:39 AM
I'm the biggest wheel of time fan I know. Absolutely obsessive with reading them. Did any of you hear that Robert Jordan died last sunday? I think I almost bawled when I heard the news...