PDA

View Full Version : My second ff challenge

leader of mortals
09-14-2007, 09:21 PM
A no sphere grid challenge. I beat my first(solo vivi with 137 health left!!!) and now I'm on to the next. I have only 1 question. In order to get an aeon to go over 9999, you need to activate thier corresponding celestial weapon. Do you need to just get thier weapon, or fully activate it, or half activate it. I want to know now so I don't waste spheres later.

Tabris
09-18-2007, 08:51 PM
You have to fully activate them, I believe.

leader of mortals
09-23-2007, 03:51 AM
durn... ty though

I am at Rins on the highroad, right before chocobo eater.... and I am grounded from my playstation

Old Manus
09-23-2007, 09:46 AM
Tough break. Looks like your challenge is over.

cally777
09-24-2007, 07:39 PM
I'm pretty sure that to get an aeon to break the damage limit you just need to get the respective crest. Eg. Moon crest (Yuna) allows Valfor to bdl. Just as well, as some sigils r real pigs to get!

:choc::choc::choc:

remnant1
09-29-2007, 07:15 PM
you do know that aeons get stronger with yuna right?streanghteing them up manually is really a buisance

Sain Cai
09-30-2007, 12:36 AM
Cally is correct, you only have to power up the celestial weapon with its respective crest.

leader of mortals
09-30-2007, 04:05 AM
Thats good, thanks. My mom let me off early because I acted really depressed around the house and when she asked me whats the matter, I gave a guilt trip... and when that didn't work I did chores around the house.:D so I'll start tomorrow again.

And remnant, thats the main challenge in this game. Also, aeons "level up" after a certain amount of battles, without using speres. They do stop though. This is going to be really hard until I get Rikku though(then chaos grenade will be teh 0wn4g3)

I think, when I can, I will use shiva as my main aeon and anima as my second. I'm thinking of this because I looked at a few vids of no sphere grid on youtube, and Darkkefka used shiva. He said it was because using ice damaging(or in this case healing) attacks take less mp than curing yourself, and still heal just about as much.

remnant1
10-02-2007, 05:19 PM
i will also do a no sphere grid challenge,but i wont call it that,ill call it the no strengten challenge.the only thing ill get from the sphere grid is abilities,so its a minor hanicap :-)

leader of mortals
10-04-2007, 02:32 AM
So a watered down version of the no sphere grid challenge?

Oh... and school is a bitch. I've only been able to do about 5 blitzball games and a failed chocobo eater attempt. Im doing a bit of blitzball for at least 1(maybe more) dark matters. I also believe that return sphere mixed with a grenade will give chaos grenade, so I may try that. And a few elixers wouldn't hurt either:D

I hope I can really try over this weekend(I hope) to get some more done.

jeo2388
10-04-2007, 05:29 PM
no sphere grid huh.. sounds nice.. right now i have officially drained the game without the help of walkthroughs/ guides and stuff.. took me 157hrs.. so can anyone tell me the rulez of this challenge?

leader of mortals
10-07-2007, 04:44 PM
In a no sphere grid challenge, you can do anything you want, but you can not touch the sphere grid at all.

I just beat the sinspawn(HARD) from getting really lucky. Ifrit blocked 3 attacks that would have killed him in a row so I got 2 overdrives off without even having 1 charged.:D Oh and I made it so gatta died, cuz I hate him. My aeons leveled up once, and ifrit have 907 HP, 20 str, 31 def, and Valefor has 794 or something HP, 19 str, and 29 defense I think. I have 9 games done on blitzball and 1 more until I have a dark matter.

remnant1
10-08-2007, 04:57 PM
i havent went into the mushroom rock part yet,and my ifrit has over 1200 hp.note that the aeons dont get stronger due to battles,its when yuna gets more sphere levels,you dont have to increase her stats(i just found this out last night after an hour of experimenting)

leader of mortals
10-24-2007, 08:27 PM
ahh forgot to update

School is still a bitch so I am only right before I get Rikku, where need to fight her machina in the water. I have a dark matter and an extra elixer from blitzball.

~Death~Stalker~910
10-24-2007, 09:16 PM
look 4 dark kiefa on you tube he has a lot of ffx battles an stuff he completed the game witout a sphere grid:D

leader of mortals
10-25-2007, 10:55 PM
thats what I do:D

im going over to play right now.

leader of mortals
10-29-2007, 04:12 AM
Well ive tried so many times to beat Extractor, I lost count. I went on Youtube and looked it up and guess what I forgot... THE FRICKEN STUNNING STEEL. I am going to try one more time, with a bit of a different strategy, and if I lose, I will start all over again.

Edit: I won. *dance of triumph* I am at guadosalam and my next step is to get a return sphere from blitzball(ugh) to make a first strike weapon for Rikku probably.