PDA

View Full Version : Best Place for Me to Lvl

Inferno_BG
09-15-2007, 01:13 AM
Hi,

I am new to these forums ive played ff7,8, start of 9 didnt like it, almost done wit 10 and i started 12 idk a couple of months back, dont play it a lot, I was wondering what lvl i should be at for where I am in the game, and where is a good place to lvl at, tips would also be appreciated cuz its kind of boring and idk dull i guess, any ideas on how to make it better I guess? Thanks guys!

Rite now im at the part where I have to find King Raithwall's Tomb, the Nam-Yensa Sandsea I think, btw im using the FF12 Limited Edition Guide. Thanks again!

Nifleheim7
09-15-2007, 01:47 AM
Welcome!:)

There's a thread HERE (http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-xii/108280-where-level-up.html) that will answer all your questions.

Inferno_BG
09-15-2007, 01:52 AM
huh, i dont think the answer is in there

Nifleheim7
09-15-2007, 02:03 AM
Oops,sorry i didn't noticed where you are...
My advice at this point is to continue with the story or lvl up a little at the Nam-Yensa sandsea.

Btw,what level are you?

Inferno_BG
09-15-2007, 02:08 AM
Idk, i think 15, i know that like Basch has like 500 somethin HP, around 15 I think

Nifleheim7
09-15-2007, 02:25 AM
Maybe lvl up at Giza or Westersand until you reach lvl 20 just to play it safe...although i think you'll be fine for the Nam-Yensa.

sefirosu
09-15-2007, 04:37 AM
Atm, you should stick with the Sandsea area.

If are confident of surviving in this place w/out the assistance of a guest like Vossler, then kill him and don't revive him. This way, the exp gained from battles will be distributed to your party at 33% each instead of 25% when your guest is active, therefore leveling up becomes significantly quicker.

Formalhaut
09-15-2007, 05:50 PM
Level 15 IMHO is not very high at that stage of the game, im at the same point as you and my highest lvl character is a lvl 31 Balthier. But thats just me over lvling.. :)

Anyways, You should do some levelin up at the Ogir Yensa and / or nam yensa. When you hit at least lvl 21 and want to lvl up some more, head to the Giza Plains and go to Starfall Fields, there are werewolfs which I think give bout 700exp a werewolf. Oh and they give 2lp per werewolf. They do Hit hard though so what I do is have My Balthier cast Protect on. Then I set a Gambit so that Ashe will cast sleep on both werewolfs then cast oil. Then use all 3 characters of Team BAP (Balthier, Ashe, Penelo) to spam Fire. They die I collect loot. Go back 2 screens and repeat. Oh and they have a SUPER rare drop of a Kotusu, Possibly the strongest early game weapon, but demonsbane tops that. :)

Renmiri
09-15-2007, 08:40 PM
My advice is to go back to Bhujerba, Lhusu Mines and keep going back and forth on that straight bridge near the place you fought Ba'Ganman. There you can kill 40 skeletons per turn, leveling up and getting "bone fragments" at almost 300 gil. Do it a couple of times and you will have money to buy good equipment and level up in the process

ff is da best
09-16-2007, 11:00 AM
My advice is to go back to Bhujerba, Lhusu Mines and keep going back and forth on that straight bridge near the place you fought Ba'Ganman. There you can kill 40 skeletons per turn, leveling up and getting "bone fragments" at almost 300 gil. Do it a couple of times and you will have money to buy good equipment and level up in the process

thats wat i did when i was in berjerba , i made lots of gil from killing those skeletons. chain up to more then 100 and leveled up a lot.

Renmiri
09-16-2007, 05:42 PM
Yeah, that early in the game you don't have a lot of choice. The Leviathan is great for levelling up but horrible for gil and you don't have access to it after you defeat Ghis. The Giza Plains, Estersand and Westersand are a bit tedious but he could try to go southwest on the westersand (west of the werewolves) for some sleipnir and other bigger foes, but he would have to walk around a lot.

That stretch of Lhusu mines is the best: short and sweet, making you level up and get gil quickly :D

ff is da best
09-17-2007, 07:44 AM
my main leveling up spot in the start was with the dustia method .
made lots of lvs from dat.

Jimsour
09-17-2007, 08:22 AM
The Sandsea is greta for levelling untill you are about lv30 because you get so much LP too.

ff is da best
09-17-2007, 08:36 AM
i liked leveling up in the sandsea by fighting the bagoly creatures.
They sometimes dropped a bent staff which sold for quite a lot of gil
i think it was like in the 1000's. Pretty alright for early in the game.

Renmiri
09-17-2007, 10:28 AM
Yeah, Bent Staff sells for 1,100 gil but it only drops well if you have the right monograph / grimoire.

I didn't recommend the Bagolys to him because he is level 15, those guys are deep in the sandsea and gang up on your party. I though at level 15 he might have trouble. Lhusu mines is easier and he can buy the monograph / grimoire and THEN go get those bent staffs. Ca-ching! :D

ff is da best
09-17-2007, 11:31 AM
yer i guess so.