PDA

View Full Version : Jinpachi is a Cheater

Jessweeee♪
09-15-2007, 04:57 AM
I LOVE TEKKEN!!! TEKKEN TEKKEN TEKKEN TEKKEN!

(Starts with T! Like Tidus!)

So, I told everyone I was gonna play FFX, then I decided I was gonna play Tekken 5 instead o_o

...so of course I get to Jinpachi, and he was like IM GONNA SHOOT YU WITH MAH STOMACH BEAM! WOOSH!!!

so I dodged it O:

then he was lyke, DIE! and shot me again!

so I dodged it O:

and then he was lyke, MEANIE HEAD ; ; I'M GONNA KILL YOU DEAD!

and he shot me with TWO stomach beams in a row! lyke, if I got hit with one I was going to get hit with the other one and two stomach beams = dead as you all know,

but since Xiaoyu's so kewl I doged it :cool:

TOPIC: TEKKEN IS AWESOME! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY TEKKEN!

Psychotic
09-15-2007, 05:04 AM
Yes, Tekken is awesome. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Tekken indeed.

Cookie
09-15-2007, 05:10 AM
Tekken on PSP is pretty damn awesome.

Jessweeee♪
09-15-2007, 05:17 AM
I wish I had a PSP...then I could take Tekken with me wherever I go O:

Fonzie
09-15-2007, 06:16 AM
Tekken is a fun button mashing game.

TyphoonThaReapa
09-15-2007, 06:26 AM
Tekken > Dead or Alive

Markus. D
09-15-2007, 08:31 AM
It's all about exploiting his AI, Dodge Twice. Jump Kick him to death for all I care >_<!

Tekken is <3

DK
09-15-2007, 08:49 AM
Jinpachi is incredibly crap if you take the hax stomp and fireball out of the equation. If you can get close to him before he gets the chance to do either, then he's as good as double perfected. As I have done to him pretty much every time I fight him as Steve. And Wang. And Kuma. And Asuka. And you get the picture :monster:

Nifleheim7
09-15-2007, 09:48 AM
Yeah,i love Tekken,i have been a fan since Tekken 3!
Bryan Fury Rox!!!
:kaofight2:

Old Manus
09-15-2007, 10:38 AM
Tekken > Dead or Aliveqft

Also Tekken 1 for the win, GREEN BLOOD REPRESENT

KentaRawr!
09-15-2007, 11:19 AM
Tekken is a fun button mashing game.

I don't see how anyone could ever win a match in Tekken whilst button mashing. Soul Calibur, sure, but in Tekken, you really have to understand what attack you're going to do next.

Breine
09-15-2007, 11:26 AM
Yep, Tekken is awesome! :cool:

I'm very eagerly awaiting Tekken 6 (as well as Soul Calibur 4, which just looks amazing!).

Shauna
09-15-2007, 11:40 AM
I hated Jinpachi... but, I could defeat him pretty easily with everyone that wasn't Xiaoyu. xD

But yes - yay Tekken!

Dreddz
09-15-2007, 11:50 AM
Of course Tekken is awesome, why would people question otherwise. Its even more awesome online. But daaaaamn those Japanese players are tough mofo's. I'd hate what they would do to me in an arcade.

DK
09-15-2007, 12:13 PM
I was in London with James (http://forums.eyesonff.com/members/james%2Blatimer%2Bcockney%2Brebel.html) when Tekken 5 came out in the arcades, we went to trocadero's to play it and he caned a Japanese dude on it. I've never seen a smile like that on a Turkish mans face before, he was so proud. It was proper funny

Fatal Impurity
09-15-2007, 12:47 PM
Tekken rule's...but Soul Calibur FTW!

Laddy
09-15-2007, 03:26 PM
What he said.

Jessweeee♪
09-15-2007, 05:50 PM
I need a PS3 if I'm gonna play Tekken 6 or the FFXIII series (which is the only thing of particular interest on the console at the moment).

...better start saving :jess:

Dreddz
09-15-2007, 06:00 PM
Tekken 6 cant fail with this man in it....

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/1603/tekken6bobte4.jpg

KentaRawr!
09-15-2007, 06:09 PM
It's good to have another American fighter in the roster. :D

Jessweeee♪
09-15-2007, 06:48 PM
...Anna is such a slut...but she does kick ass O:

Eiko Guy
09-16-2007, 04:44 AM
Xiaoyu is my only character ever. nooe else is good enough to be played by me

Dr. Acula
09-16-2007, 05:19 AM
I try and play with every character. Tekken rocks!
And in the PS3 version of Tekken 5: Dark Ressurection I heard you can play as Jinpachi himself.

Nina and Anna kick ass.

Mirage
09-16-2007, 05:21 AM
I don't see how someone could consider Tekken a button masher. A button masher can't beat me in Soul Calibur either, it just never happens.

Slicksword45
09-16-2007, 06:05 AM
I will play as Bob in tekken 6 XD

TyphoonThaReapa
09-16-2007, 06:39 AM
My Best Characters are: Jin, Yoshimitsu, Azuka (I Love Her), Heihachi, Nina, Steve (Anybody can play with him), Eddie (Anybody can play with him and Christie to), Lei, Lee, Law, and Devil Jin.:cool:

Jessweeee♪
09-16-2007, 04:31 PM
I likes to use Xiaoyu, Nina, Anna, Asuka, Yoshimitsu (only 'cause he does that thing where he glides around the arena), and Mokujin!

EDIT:

Oh, and Gon of course...I WAS EIGHT AND HE FARTED A LOT!

Dr. Acula
09-18-2007, 07:53 AM
Apart from Nina and Anna, I often use Asuka, Xiaoyu, Jun (back in Tekken 2, anyway), Jin, Lee, Hwaorang, and Kazuya, and ever-so-occasionally Julia.

Rostum
09-18-2007, 08:23 AM
I had much fun with Tekken 2 and Tekken 3. Never played it since, but maybe I'd consider it.

Depression Moon
09-18-2007, 09:52 PM
Tekken is my favorite fighting series also and Jinpachi is simply too hard if I'm not fighting with my top 3 people: Hworang, Christie/Eddy, Lei. TThe only real problem I have with Tekken 5 is that it takes forever top get enough gold to purchase everything for all of your characters I've had the game for 2 years now and I still don't have everything yet!

Rocket Edge
09-18-2007, 10:27 PM
Tekken 5 is class! One of my favourite games. It's certainly not a button masher, as when you become skilled with a chatacter you can deliver massive damage on an air/block combo.

I play with Yoshimitsu, Paul, Lee, Asuka, & Xiaoyu.

How can you play online? I'd love to kick some Jap ass.

Sergeant Hartman
09-18-2007, 11:14 PM
I kick ass with Lee, gotta love those back flips and those taunts.

Jessweeee♪
09-18-2007, 11:47 PM
Tekken is my favorite fighting series also and Jinpachi is simply too hard if I'm not fighting with my top 3 people: Hworang, Christie/Eddy, Lei. TThe only real problem I have with Tekken 5 is that it takes forever top get enough gold to purchase everything for all of your characters I've had the game for 2 years now and I still don't have everything yet!

I just cheated :P

It's just clothes and accessories anyway n.n

I love to make Kuma's fur green :exdee:

Nifleheim7
09-18-2007, 11:56 PM
I'm curious,do you use any of the (long) combos?
A friend of mine (which i'm pretty sure he is one of the best Tekken players all over the world) knew every character combo in Tekken 4 and at first he continually used them against me until i learned to block them.
Eventually he stoped using them because i learned to block every hit and it also made his players vulnerable after i blocked them.:D
I know some (long) combos with Bryan and Xiaoyu but i rarely use them.

DK
09-19-2007, 10:44 AM
I'm guessing you mean then 10-hit combos, and I know a few of those but I only ever use them against the computer, 'cause they're way easy to counter against actual players. :monster:

Mo-Nercy
09-28-2007, 03:48 PM
Tekken ftw. I hate playing PS2 version now, I lack all the DR moves which have become more and more important to my game (u+3 with Lee = best slider buffer + good mixup opportunity).

I need a PSP, but then I think to myself, what else would I play? Seems like a waste to get a PSP just for DR, especially since I prefer playing at arcades anyway.

I'm still a Lee user. Actually, I've begun to phase out my secondary characters. I never use Anna, Xiaoyu or Bruce anymore. I don't have the patience to learn them properly. I still keep Asuka and Lili up my sleeve but usually just for noob-bashing. A character I'm really putting some focus on is Bob. King of confusing. Yay Bob. xD

A friend of mine (which i'm pretty sure he is one of the best Tekken players all over the world) knew every character combo in Tekken 4 and at first he continually used them against me until i learned to block them.If that's all your friend does, he is in no way anywhere near the best players in the world. He's just taking advantage of someone who hasn't learnt how to defend properly.

No insult meant to you, though. With Tekken, learning juggles and how and when to launch is very easy. It's actually because of this aspect of the game that most non-players will criticise Tekken for being a bad fighter.

But the trick to hitting a pro level of Tekken is to learn how to defend properly. Tekken becomes more a game of mix-ups and less a game of "lawlz, i launcherd youz.. 80 dmg time!" so learning how to read an opponent is a big priority. And 10-hit combos are VERY easy to read, even if you don't know them, you can still see the lows coming.

Defending is something I'm still working on as well. When I'm up against someone I can pitbull against, I'm no pushover, but if someone who plays a clever turtle, counter-launch/mix-up game can rip me ('specially since I use Lee, good ol' Mr. Predictable)

Don't use Bryans ten hit. It's all highs and mids. :D

Nifleheim7
09-28-2007, 07:09 PM
A friend of mine (which i'm pretty sure he is one of the best Tekken players all over the world) knew every character combo in Tekken 4 and at first he continually used them against me until i learned to block them.If that's all your friend does, he is in no way anywhere near the best players in the world. He's just taking advantage of someone who hasn't learnt how to defend properly.

I did say AT FIRST,didn't i?
He was my roomate for one year and when i say at first i mean for the first month or so...I'm not saying that i'm one of the best Tekken players (far from it) but i know the game well enough to judge my friend as one of the greatest Tekken players i've ever seen...And no,he didn't do compos all the time (in fact he hated them).If he really wanted to it would be nearly impossible to beat him,and i've seen him play the games with much better players than me.
Anyway all this is purely theoritical as none of us has any proof of his knowledge of the game.
I agree that the secret in tekken is to know how to defend though.

Psychotic
09-28-2007, 07:16 PM
Man, Al Bhed cubed takes the fun out of Tekken and makes it into an exact science! Come on man, follow my example:

Hwoarang 'til I die! I like the kicking thing he does when you press X. :)

Mo-Nercy
10-02-2007, 12:01 PM
Man, Al Bhed cubed takes the fun out of Tekken and makes it into an exact science! Come on man, follow my example:

Hwoarang 'til I die! I like the kicking thing he does when you press X. :)
That sap! I say we burn him at the stake.

You play like my girlfriend. And I hate it because sometimes it works. :cry:

Mikeneko Rocker -- Tim
10-04-2007, 10:52 PM
As for the Jinpachi haterade, please remember that he has SNK Boss Syndrome (even though he's a now-Namco Bandai character). Meaning, he's gonna be as cheap as, if not, cheaper than KoF's Rugal.

Yeah, since this is a Tekken thread, you gotta love Yoshimitsu and the capoeira practitioners Eddie Gordo and Christie Moneteiro. Otherwise, I found Heichachi surprisingly slow in 5.

Elite Lord Sigma
10-04-2007, 10:56 PM
I haven't played Tekken since Tekken 3, back when Heihachi owned.

Psychotic
10-04-2007, 10:59 PM
You play like my girlfriend. And I hate it because sometimes it works. :cry:To be fair, I actually don't when it comes to everyone's favourite Korean Tae Kwon Do master who isn't Baek. I have a hell of a lot of his moves memorised, but I don't play it in the arcade (there isn't one anywhere near me) so I just call 'em by their PlayStation controller names, like X, X, down+X, O, O.

I button mash somewhat with Christie/Eddy though, and nothing can ever stand up to that. :laugh:

Jessweeee♪
10-06-2007, 01:50 AM
My brother does the button mash kicking with Hwoarang sometimes. It's sad how once he gets one in I never get out of it.

...I have the worst habit of always starting with the same attacks :p

Anyone who plays against me a lot catches on fast.

NeoCracker
10-06-2007, 02:24 AM
Its all about Bryan Fury man.

Rostum
10-06-2007, 02:28 AM
Cool, I'm going to get Tekken 5 for PS2. :)

What other cool fighting games a part from Tekken and Soul Calibur are out on PS2?

Rocket Edge
10-07-2007, 12:15 PM
Cool, I'm going to get Tekken 5 for PS2. :)

What other cool fighting games a part from Tekken and Soul Calibur are out on PS2?
Seriously, once you get Tekken 5, and become good at it, you won't need another fighting game. Tekken simply rules because to become truely good, you need a hell of alot of skill.

Mikeneko Rocker -- Tim
10-08-2007, 03:24 AM
What's the command for Yoshimitsu's Pogo Stick?

Jessweeee♪
10-08-2007, 04:25 AM
I forget...some combination of up/down and both kicks/punches to get in postion then down :p

...something like that...I don't use him to fight, just to be silly :spin:

Especially that move that makes him slide around the arena on his ass :exdee:

Mo-Nercy
10-08-2007, 02:02 PM
I can't play against Yoshimitsu. Too random. xD

Dr. Acula
10-09-2007, 09:27 AM
Sometimes I can't be bothered learning moves, I just button-hack till I win. Which is kinda hard to do with Asuka sometimes.

Mo-Nercy
10-09-2007, 10:52 AM
Asuka is typically a low-tier character (though in Dark Resurrection, she's marginally better) but that's only in the upper echelons of play. Asuka is actually a really good average-to-noob beater.

Knock your opponent down with any move. 3~4 (or X immediately followed by O) can do the trick on occasion. F+3 (hold forward and X) until charged and the opponent will rise into your unblockable. It's stupidly easy to avoid but it works surprisingly often.