PDA

View Full Version : Which Weapon?

Inferno_BG
09-15-2007, 10:25 PM
Alrite, im havin a tough time pickin which weapon to use, its between the Ancient sword and the Cypress pole. I am at the part where I just beat Garuda(The flying boss) just in front of King Raithwall's Tomb. The Cypress pole gives me 2 less attack then the Ancient Sword, but it gives me more evasion, If i choose the sword I would have a buckler in the other hand. Btw my main charcters lvls Vaan, Balthier, and Basch are all 18, Vann and Basch have lvl 3 quickenings, and Balthier has lvl 2 quickening. Vaan and Baltheir are using the Cypress Pole, and Basch the Zwill Blade and Buckler. Any suggestions? Which is better to use?

Stats if they Matter

Vaan Balthier Basch Strength- 35 Strength- 34 Strength-39
Magick Power- 28 Magick Power-24 Magick Power- 27 Vitality-30 Vit+Speed Same as Vaan Vit and Speed 25
Speed- 26

Thanks

Skyblade
09-15-2007, 10:29 PM
The pole is almost undoubtedly better. Early in the game, poles are killer. 25 Evade is more than the early sword/shield combinations, and their attack is applied against an enemy's Magic defense, so unless an enemy has Shell, poles can be very powerful.

Inferno_BG
09-15-2007, 10:33 PM
Btw, Dyce the Merchant is selling me this rite in front of the Tomb, I could also get the 1-handed Handaxe which does more than both the Cypress Pole and the Ancient Sword it does +47, what do u think?

Skyblade
09-15-2007, 10:40 PM
Personally, I'm not a big axe or hammer fan. While they have fairly high attack, they also have lower evasion, and then the random damage effect kicks in. They can hit stronger than nearly every other weapon in the game, or they might do almost no damage. I prefer the consistency of the other weapons.

BTW, the boss of the Tomb, Belias, has very low magic resistance.

Mongotha
09-29-2007, 02:31 AM
Poles will combo more often than swords will as well. I'd go with the pole.

gudkid
09-29-2007, 12:39 PM
poles are better in my opinion because it let's you get hit less while you do more combos....