PDA

View Full Version : Apanda, Archaic/ultima demon

Xalibar
09-16-2007, 04:52 AM
Is there any way to recruit them to your party like you would other animals?

Lich3636
09-16-2007, 05:51 AM
warning possible spoilers (why the hell do i still have to do this when the game has been out for so long)

nope. you only get one apanda that joins after a battle durring a side quest

Zechs
09-16-2007, 07:37 AM
And that one isn't like the traditional enemy varieties.

BG-57
09-18-2007, 12:14 AM
If you absolutely have to get one in the party try a hack or Gameshark.

While Byblos has some nice abilities, he's recruited so fantastically late in the game he doesn't do much good. Not to say I didn't recruit him, I just didn't use him. He keeps Malak company I guess. :p

As far as other monsters go, my favorite is the Tiamat. Of course you can breed one from a Hyrudra as early as Nelveska Temple.

Xalibar
09-19-2007, 07:47 PM
Does only a psone gameshark work on the game even if its played on ps2? or does a ps2 one work fine?

also can you use the gameshark to get other characters as well? like Elmdor, celia, weigraf etc?

BG-57
09-19-2007, 09:34 PM
Based on their website (http://store.gameshark.com//listCategoriesAndProducts.asp?idCategory=10&utm_source=GS_Products&utm_medium=website%20?a=products&&s=&uid=&fs=), it seems that there are separate products for each platform.

I think Gameshark lets you put any combat-featured character in the party, even the Lucavi.

Xalibar
09-20-2007, 05:20 PM
Yeah, i'm actually just interested in seeing the job description and attacks for the the unique classes that the enemies have like elmdor, dyecedarg and the lucavi. I saw a video on youtube of a guy who have zalera in his party and did one of his attacks.

BG-57
09-20-2007, 10:35 PM
There's a good Battle Mechanics Guide on gamefaqs.com by aerostar.

Here are the Lucavi's FEAR skillset, unique to them.

Warlock (Velius)

Lose Voice (Silence)

Seal (Petrify)

Loss (Confusion)

Angel of Death (Zalera)

Darkness (Darkness)

Spell (Stop)

Chicken Race (Don't Act)

Nightmare (Sleep OR Death Sentence)

Regulator (Hashmalum)

Speed Ruin (-3 to Speed)

Spell (Stop)

Death Cold (Slow)

Impure King (Queklain)

Nightmare (Sleep OR Death Sentence)

Chicken Race (Don't Act)

Death Cold (Slow)

Ghost of Fury (Adramelk)

Seal (Petrify)

Chicken Race (Don't Act)

Lose Voice (Silence)

Loss (Confusion)

Nakor TheBlue Rider
09-22-2007, 11:27 PM
I used a Gameshark to get Elidibs in my party once, was trying to get my summoners to learn Zodiac from him, by lettign him get charmed or confused.

i gave up after a few hours.

BG-57
09-23-2007, 12:48 PM
The hard part about learning Zodiac is that it only targets enemies. The best bet is to have an ally cast it on enemy summoners then either wait for them to cast it back on your party or else kill them for their crystal.

I used the second method and eventually I was able to have all my human allies learn it.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
09-27-2007, 03:55 PM
yah i was trying to have him get charmed and then cast it on my units, however whenever he did get charmed he would either a) Not cast it or b) cast it and kill whoever it hit compleatly obliviating thier chance of learning it.

I think next time i will try to do what you said and cast it on enemy SMN and then just take thier crystals. Most difficult part in that sounds like a) Finding a place to fight enemy SMN's reliably and b) using it on them and them surviving to learn it.

I guess if i purposfully gimped my "ma" then it would probly not kill them.

BG-57
09-27-2007, 08:43 PM
You've come to the right place. :)

This method will work since I've been able to teach Zodiac to all my human units. All you need is a little luck and lots of patience.

1) Try your luck in TERMINATE, the second level of DD. There are several random battles that occur there that involve two monsters and two human opponents. In one version one of the humans is a Summoner and in another both of the humans are Summoners. Most of the random encounters will not involve Summoners, but the odds are about 1/16 that you will face at least one. If your find no Summoners at all, try DELTA as a backup location.

2) Make Ramza (or whomever knows Zodiac) with the Summon skillset and Move-Gain MP. Have at least one Mediator in the party (I went with Rafa). Next, have a couple of brawny guys who can clean out the level quickly (Orlandu and Beowulf are excellent choices). Lastly, have the unit you want to learn Zodiac as a Summoner.

3) Keep trying until you get opponents that include Summoners. It'll work faster if you reset instead of trying to fight through every battle. Two Summoners is best (I got one crystal and one treasure chest every time), but one Summoner is worth a try.

4) Start off by immobilizing both Summoners and at least one monster. A combination of Math Skills and Beowulf's sword skill will work wonders. Kill off all but one monster (this is important).

5) Have your Mediator(s) repeatedly cast Solution to lower the Faith of the Summoners. Under 10 is ideal, but don't go all the way to 0. Have Ramza cast Zodiac on at least one of the Summoners. Then kill that Summoner. If there's a second Summoner, have Ramza walk around to regain MP and cast on the second unit.

6) Keep the surviving monster asleep and imobilized until the Summoners have dropped the crystals/treasure chests. Have your Summoner walk over any dropped crystals.

7) Kill of the surving monster. The battle ends.

This method worked every time, except once Malak didn't learn Zodiac on the first try. I was able to teach it to him later though.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
09-28-2007, 03:33 PM
I bet your just as psyched as me for the PSP FF Tactics huh?

I'll probly buy a PSP just for FF Tactics :love:

BG-57
09-28-2007, 07:32 PM
The last time I ever bought a platform for a single game was a PSX for FFVII. I am eager to see the added stuff and character classes. What I may not do is try for a 'perfect' game since it took me forever in my PSX version.

Reasoniamalive
09-30-2007, 05:59 AM
BG-57 - that's awesome...although I wouldn't have the patience to teach all my units Zodiac...I didn't even have enough patience to level to 99 = D

BG-57
09-30-2007, 06:11 AM
Thanks, I've always wanted to have a perfect game: level 99, every job mastered, every proposition reward, at least one of every item, every unique character recruited.

However, there are some things that even I don't have the patience for, like stat maxing using the level up/down method. There are so many ways to unbalance the game that it doesn't seem necessary.

Reasoniamalive
09-30-2007, 06:16 AM
Speaking of propositions...

Do you actually get anything in the game for doing those propositions? I tried it out and got some 'unexplored territory' and rewards, but they didn't unlock anything (that I could tell.)

:mog:

BG-57
09-30-2007, 06:43 AM
Bragging rights. :D

Seriously though, the rare treasure and unexplored lands are not usable in the game (some would be seriously cool!). Mainly they are references to previous FF installments. You do get gold stars next to your Treasure and Unexplored Lands menus for getting everything.

If you want to get every proposition reward, check out the frontsite for the list that I developed with Despotus. Unlike the ones in the game manual, this list is 100% accurate.

VorpalCyberWolf
10-08-2007, 04:33 PM
Thanks, I've always wanted to have a perfect game: level 99, every job mastered, every proposition reward, at least one of every item, every unique character recruited.

However, there are some things that even I don't have the patience for, like stat maxing using the level up/down method. There are so many ways to unbalance the game that it doesn't seem necessary.

You're just like me. Though I'm actually looking forward to doing the same thing on my PSP (Which I did buy just for Tactics)

BG-57
10-08-2007, 05:15 PM
There are few games I liked enough to actually try for a perfect game: FFVI, FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, FFXII, FFX-2 (especially because of New Game+), Crono Cross (ditto), FFT, and Dragon Warrior VII. Of these I only got a perfect with FFVI, FFVIII, CC, and FFT.

With a lot of them getting everything was prohibitively hard or time consuming to be worthwhile (FFVII's Parasol, FFXII's Wyrmhero Blade, mastering all the monster jobs in DWVII are good examples).

Tactics doesn't have any super difficult mini-games so that didn't present an obstacle. Also although luck is required for some things, the odds aren't terribly long (anyone up for the 1/1000 Zodiac Spear chest?).

Xalibar
10-08-2007, 08:02 PM
zodiac Spear?

BG-57
10-08-2007, 10:20 PM
Sorry, I should explain. The Zodiac Spear is the best weapon in FFXII, with unmatched attack power. The simplest way to get it is avoid opening four other chests scattered across the game (with no hint to this effect anywhere in-game) and it'll be in a chest. The only other way to get one is to open a different chest with a 1/1000 drop rate. Next to the Bazaar, the treasure chest system is the worst-designed aspect of FFXII.

Nothing to do with FFT, just to illustrate how ridiculously long the odds of getting some rare items are in other games.

Reasoniamalive
10-20-2007, 08:44 AM
I agree w/you BG about the relative ease of getting a 'perfect' game in Tactics as opposed to XII...albeit it's not impossible (I'm working on one now and just finished helping to write a perfect game faq for gamefaqs and neoseeker.)

Tactics replay value is in its simplicity...you position your troops, (think chess) use a little strategy, and whoop @$$. The job classes/associated abilities allow major tweakage to this great concept as well. ^,^